User Tag List

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

OMG Yes!!! The cheese promo of a 10$ giftcard wub 3 oka cheese is back for a little time!!!
    And the cheese I want are 5,99$ at IGA
    perfect time,dad love this cheese!!!
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/442977...heeses-canada/
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lizzie bargain Sounds exciting to be planning your next adventure! Keen on taking in any of the 2010 World Cup soccer venues if those communities line up with cruise ship stops? I assume you will start from Johannesburg before heading out to your cruise or safari destinations.
    @Angela _273 If you remember Lauren Graham (she was the mile-a-minute fast-talking mom who ran the local inn) from The Gilmore Girls, she is co-exec producing The Mighty Ducks reboot series about hockey on Disney+. Emilio Estevez is co-exec producer and co-lead too. I have not watched any previews but actress is on video saying she looks for projects that are happy, and put something positive into the world. Maybe suitable for your older DS? I have not watched Netflix much since mid-winter (an adult series my brother was watching drew me in because I could not believe all the betrayals going on) but I'll see if there is any Japanese animated feature or series your entire family could enjoy (some films might be still too mature for your kids but there are sweet & uplifting stories) soon.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel thank you for the suggestions.
    im also looking for happy and uplifting shows for myself. Some programs are dark and it’s not something that I need right now.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good shop at Sobeys today-got my bonus 95 AM plus 4 bonus AM for the bunch of bananas. Since Mom got a lot of produce, I just added a net bag of clementines to my cart as well. Could not find the regular Epsom salts (scented ones still on shelf), Compliments Jumbleberry Belgian Waffles, Pillsbury Easter cookie kits or the Nestle Kit Kat Easter figures. But found Pepsi Throwback (did not get my 5 bonus AM for Pepsi pop so the limited edition Throwback must be excluded. Will mention it my survey receipt entry)! Also paid full price for a Wavy Lays to get the buy 3 chips and get 6pack pop free product coupon(to be used at another store-I did not see coupons on Tostitos, just on certain Lays chip bags). Tostitos/Lays/Pepsi/Crush pop were in a special stack/display at back of store by milk & egg fridges. Temptation island. Paid just under $28 OOP! No, I did get more napkins but I did visit them. My friend and I enjoyed looking at the Easter bakery cakes and treats as well. Surprise find in the clearance corner behind Pharmacy-those Cyber Clean 50ct wipes (scent + aloe vera variety; did not see any unscented version) for $3.49, regular $5.99. Same ones as listed in Shoppers flyer for $1.99 on the weekend or $2.99 rest of week. Sure I paid more but I did not have try a second Shoppers to find the wipes! Happy discovery.

Two pieces of admail -the Exclusive Home & Decor March issue has another Big Yellow Bag discount/win code for $10 off your soil bag order. I entered the code-did not win for a second time.

The sky has that watery blue look for well over 2 hours. Weather Network states our area is in for rain and heavy winds tonight and into Friday morning. Thankful I don't need to go out tonight. Plan to seek those Kit Kat chocolates elsewhere when weather settles.

Besides the two acorn squashes, there's a red Shepherd pepper needing to be sliced for roasting and possibly some parsnips and celery. Good time to put them into the oven and warm the house up too.

Was pleased to learn that downtown Toronto by the Ryerson campus will be getting a scaled down Ikea store late this year. Woohoo, Toronto! More to see when walking the main street of Yonge by foot.

I was not able to see online what the Hamilton Spectator wrote about additional pop-up vaccine clinics opening soon. I'll check the City's website for info as the clinics were announced today.

Have not delved into the Ontario budget (yes, I know about the deficit. I read that to mean no LRT for Hamilton and likely no money for the Ontario subway line for Toronto either). Want to know if Ministry of Long-Term care got some real upgrade to its budget to help feed seniors better and ensure personal care supplies exist plus PPE for staff.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 The nice weather must help you and Dad to get outside and see how far you can walk together. He's keen and that is a good sign! So proud of you and your efforts! Eve must be missing you both on your walks but then she can be the solo cat of the home for a little bit.
    cath007 likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh what a day, it was one of those super busy cannot get on top of things type of day but I did manage to take some breaks and move around a bit.

Dishwasher was emptied, Garbage was taken out and I cleaned out the fridge. Not a lot to go but there was one dish I should not have saved, on the weekend I made a dish that did not turn out, the veggies went mushy, I saved it but I shouldn't have I just couldn't do it. When I went to eat some it was just yeah, no, couldn't do it.

Also noticing my produce is not lasting very well, we are staying on top of it and eating them up but now we are quite low on veggies so it looks like I am going need to do some shopping this week. Looks like Superstore might be the store for me this week I saw quite a few items on sale I would like to stock up on.

I am happy food is not going to waste but I feel like my grocery budget is a bit out of control right now. Hopefully things calm down shortly and I can go back to my old way of shopping including the Chinese Market were I could get super cheap produce. Deep Breathes, I have this, there is no other spending happening I can move things around and make it work.

Time to start planning for this weekend and next week. I still need to finish the Bathroom but I am hoping to get that done tomorrow.

I was given an Amazon Gift Card as a thank you so I treated myself to something I have been eyeing up for awhile. Normally I would not spend it on something for myself instead saving it just in case something happens (you can buy pantry items on Amazon) or I would use it for something for the house but this time I treated myself. Think I will open my package and go through all the parts and just relax the rest of the night.

Have a great night everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good evening all.

really nice day out. hopfully these stay around, i could easily get used to a early spring.
    i think i somehow pinched a nerve in my hand it is killing me. right near my thumb.

my food fund order came in. fabulous produce. i aways get a pickers choice as well... this week is fennel.... no idea how to use it. but that is part of this . i want to explore new stuff.

ok. this week has been.. hard emotionally, but i got this. lots of changes.
    tomorrow rain.. but that is ok.. i want to declutter the playrooms a bit . post more stuff for sale
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ciel-no plans to see any soccer and yes the trip will start in Johannesburg in January.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening !!!
    I have a migraine because I think to much of my budget and how I did not control it since 2 weeks and a half....But our food habits have changed a little bit so more costly example more meat and more veggies and fruits for me,and snacks (dad dont snack I do) it is like being in appt for the first time and purchased everything I wanted with no limit...but I learned the 2 week to be more reasonnable.
    I checked on the locker and the neigbour still not have removed his wood fixed shelves near and on the pannel of the clothe line...Hope he will not let those stay...grr....Really I could have use the dry clothe line since 1 week...If it is not removed we will said it to the coop we dont have acces to the dry clothe line and we need too...

Lately I am kind of upset about money because I did a lot of grocery shopping and I am the one who pay.I dont want dad to worry about this altrought it is not a money problem so much,he offer me to take his credit card by paypass but I dont want too....I am honnestly just happy I am capable to do the grocery...And he pay the bills and the appt so it is fair..Before he was paying half of his grocery or he was paying ..that is the point.
    We will discuss that subject when he will be better dont want to overwhelm him or stress him
    The fact that I do 1 big shopping instead of 3 per week like before is a huge factor on the grocery bills...
    But I force myself to price match and watch the sales ,i cannot do other than that
    No more restaurants or fast food so that reduced the expenses quite a lot for me(i was the one doing that) and it is good ,Hope it will last after dad will be better.
    So tomorrow a bit of thing at IGA,marche public...annd maybe 5 things at maxi next monday after I will be more reasonnable.
    But going out of the appt with my aunt is my gateway to this situation..and change my mind too
    I try to purchase more for my money,strech the money no fancy dessert when I could have 2 for example
    Alright its good to be able to say that in here with no judgement
    Shower will wait tomorrow I am off to bed
    Have a good night
    Sorry for this kind of a rant.
    I will learn to miss some deals and not to get them all like before
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Mar 25th, 2021 at 09:55 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Got a few deals yesterday it’s in the Brag section . Today I will do some baking and cleaning so I can relax on the weekend
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!! TGIF!!! Happy Friday to all of you!!!
    Today I am taking in relax.will maybe order some coupons this afternoon,.I am due
    Sleeping is well too.
    I am hoping(fingers crossed) to find new coupons i dont have at IGA this late morning
    Have a good day!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Mar 26th, 2021 at 08:59 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Grey rainy day here today, they are calling for Thunderstorms but hey I will take it, it is not snow.

Feeling super tired today, so happy it is Friday, just need to get through today and then the weekend is here. Spring allergies are in full force right now, even with allergy pills the congestion is real.

I thought about going to the store this morning to grab a few fresh things but when I saw the rain went nope, we do not need anything right now so shopping can wait. Really do not feel the need to stand in the rain.

Today's goal, finish the bathroom, I do not want to move that to next week's to-do-list.

Time to push through a few work things and than I can do some house stuff.

Have a great day everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning and TGIF!! Rainy and grey here today too. DS will have to wait for a dry day to rake.

Cleaning out the fridge this morning. Leftovers will be moved to the freezer for another day.

Picked up 2 packages of bagels for 50 cents each on Flashfood. Whatever is left after the weekend will go in the freezer and be used up before buying more.

Will instruct DS on room cleaning. Would like him to get that done today. It is a dump in there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is clean and dishes drying on counter and will put away in a bit.
    Fridge cleaned and leftovers put in freezer for use next week.
    Stuffed pasta deal ordered and will pick up for DS's dinner and 2 for the freezer. (Flashfood)
    All clean laundry is put away.
    Washed a load this morning and it is hanging to dry now.
    Tidying my room now. Have the window open to air it out.
    Once over the bathroom I cleaned yesterday to keep it clean.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA (QC)
    Did not find the 1$ cheez it coupons,the pad was cleared...
    I purchased some flour cheaper because I did not find the robin hood hang tag..
    A good shop here my best deals:
    Ritzs Cracker 1,99$ x1 box(tought I had purchased 2 box but I box failed in the aisle)
    Compliment 2,5 kg all purpose flour ( i am low in flour) 3,49$ cheaper than the robin hood 5,99$
    Catelli Spaghettini pasta box x2 @0,97$ each(just a great price,we where low on pasta only 2 boxes left...I miss the barilla 0,75$ coupons..hope it will come back) ...
    Parlour ice cream bars of 12 @3,33$
    My best deals are : O Sole Mio Frozen Dinner famillial package 12,99$ BUT b1g1 so 1 lasagna sorento (love it) and 1 pasta alfredo 1 kg
    =6,50$ each!!!
    Plaisirs Gastronomique big gratin of salmon and big frozen chicken pot pie at 2 for 10$ or 5$ each
    3 x anco gouda cheese @5,99$ each but with the promo b3g10$ gift card(see in deal for the link) = much cheaper cheese ..just waiting confirmation ,,I will do it other time too.( it great to save for things we are buying anyway and treat ourselves too!!
    Hot dog sausages compliment @2,79$ a lot cheaper than the hygrade one and it is the same thing
    and I found my wond wing spring rolls..win win !!!

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information