User Tag List

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis-i just finished "Between two Kingdoms" by Suleika Jaouad excellent book 10/10 i rate it really enjoyed it .Yes i am truly happy with our library also .
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @coupon girl the library has been a lifesaver for me. Are you reading anything interesting? I have been reading "wake up" by Piers Morgan. Interesting take on recent events from a British perspective.
    I have to ask the obvious question: what does Piers share about the royals, given his recent tv departure over the interview he did not like?
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Kind of random decision but I thought to toss out old garden seeds and clean up the plastic tray to hold Mom's new seeds (residing in a pantry on a shelf) and two seed packets from 2020 and 2019 that I had purchased. I tossed out my arugula seeds as I've eaten arugula for two years in a row and quite don't have a love for that vegetable. Then I noticed that the push lawn mower handle had been reassembled (Bro flattens the handle over winter to save space) and there was gas, so after a quick cleanup (I had overfilled the oil chamber so a slick was left when Bro ran off the gas in November), I gave the front yard and side and some of back yard a trim (yes...it took awhile but lawn looked so much better). I'd say my dirt fill-ins made the lumps in the yard about 1/3 less annoying. Took a bag of what I thought was grass seed-it was turf builder. Well, with rain in the forecast, I felt like feeding the seeded areas from March and also the dirt patches in case something takes root and becomes like grass. Emptied that small bag, despite jamming that handcranked seed spreader. I did the old pour-sprinkle and got it over with fairly quickly.

Tonight I made myself watch a full episode of 911 Fire and some of 911 Lone Star. The latter show was on a shaky CTV signal and the Fox one was not coming in at all. Was glad to see the couple on 911 Fire had their baby after 42 weeks and 3 days...

So there's a federal budget and childcare ($10 / day-would love to know if daycares would get paid for every shutdown imposed by provincial governments) is news again. Saw some political analysts dice and slice the main themes--they said the government took ideas from other parties to put into their budget. Seniors might be getting $500 in August as a one-time payment? Chantal Hebert pointed out that Quebec's childcare program is the most popular social program but there are issues with spaces (not enough) among others.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I went to bed early last night as I was starting to get one of those thumping headaches, I think it was the weather. I fell asleep early and slept all night but still did not want to up this morning LOL. I did not get up until 7 am so now I feel behind but yeah, getting out of bed was hard this morning.

I think I am going to hold off doing our fresh grocery shop, we have enough to get us through. Tomorrow I will look at the flyers for this week and decide if I will go tomorrow or wait until Thursday or Friday.

I am really missing shopping at the Chinese Market, they always had the best produce sales plus they always had a ton of marked down produce. Their marked down produce isn't like grocery store marked down produce where it needs to be used immediately it would last a few days to a week.

Hopefully we starting moving into the Spring and Summer produce sales soon.

But for now I have enough frozen produce to get us through, which was my plan doing the Wal-Mart grocery pickup.

Now to decide on Dinner for tonight, I am thinking either Pork Chops with Parmesan & Pea Orzo or Tortellini Bake with a Salad

Have a great day everyone
    barbis9, Ciel and GoodBoy like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nothing on the docket today. A rare day. Will have to get a plumber in next week to replace the outside faucet and aside from that tomorrow is jab 2 for wife. So will spend my day today watching snooker from the UK.

Have become a bit of a dishwasher fiend Since we got the new unit in January I find myself using it more and more daily rather than every two days. It is just too convenient and so efficient that I cannot see why I should not use it... that and the 10 year all parts and labour warranty that came with it just makes it a no brainer. Also means I hand wash so much less - lol

Carpe Diem folks!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Apr 20th, 2021 at 10:57 AM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning going to engage my hubby in a walk -as my back shoulder feels better-yes i strained it last friday doing god knows what .I have been icing ,and heat on it off and on and rub at night .I guess as we age this is what happens ,so i havent walked since sat ,so will try today .

Supper will be a meat pie i bought local to try with leftover potatoes and carrots from sundays meal.Hubby will have pasta .
    I sure do miss some food items (running to store to get them ) i havent had greens since sat but at least i stocked up on a fair amount of fruit and a few veggies when i was out since last week .I am sticking to my groceries every 1.5 to 2 week mark .

Wearing my warm half socks from eddie bauer reg 16.00 i paid like 2.50 to 3.00 a pair after my 50% and 10.00 cpn from last month .Wish i had bought more as they fit great and feel great (sometimes you only get what you pay for right).
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just posted a few more toys my daughter gave me months ago in the summer as she is decluttering some toys sebastian doesnt play with anymore .

I noticed a lot more people giving free stuff away i missed out on a few items .

Just went for a walk (17 minutes) and it is chilly out. I found a looney on the road as i crossed in my suburbs neighbourhood ,a little worn out but hey not bad . Hubby didnt feel like walking today ,so off i went myself .
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    barbis-i just finished "Between two Kingdoms" by Suleika Jaouad excellent book 10/10 i rate it really enjoyed it .Yes i am truly happy with our library also .
    @coupon girl thanks, I just put it on reserve. I'm no. 51 on the hold list.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I have to ask the obvious question: what does Piers share about the royals, given his recent tv departure over the interview he did not like?
    @Ciel this book covers the events of last year. He does mention Harry and Megan in the book but not too much. He does highly respect the Queen and therefore has negative (but very truthful) comments about them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Nothing on the docket today. A rare day. Will have to get a plumber in next week to replace the outside faucet and aside from that tomorrow is jab 2 for wife. So will spend my day today watching snooker from the UK.

Have become a bit of a dishwasher fiend Since we got the new unit in January I find myself using it more and more daily rather than every two days. It is just too convenient and so efficient that I cannot see why I should not use it... that and the 10 year all parts and labour warranty that came with it just makes it a no brainer. Also means I hand wash so much less - lol

Carpe Diem folks!
    @GoodBoy what brand/model of dishwasher did you get? I'm thinking of getting one as I hate doing dishes!
    Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had a $5 porch pick up today.

Bundled up and went for a walk. It is freezing out but nice with my long coat and hat and hood and mitts.
    Then my BIL texted me asking me to take pictures of a house for him on my way home.

Picked up 9 taco kits yesterday and Sunday. Bought one and then redeemed the free coupon for another box with free coupon. DS's are happy. Yesterday I redeemed $10 in airmiles for a club pack of beef priced at $10.06. Cooked it up this morning and DS already feasted on tacos for lunch.

Think I will tidy and post some clothing items for sale now.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @GoodBoy what brand/model of dishwasher did you get? I'm thinking of getting one as I hate doing dishes!
    Hi. We got a Miele. It was our second one. The first lasted 17 years and technology has really improved over those years it seems. LOL.

All the purchase was done virtually over zoom to review the model we wanted (which happened to be the same one in the showroom at their Yorkdale showroom.)

Let me know if you want any other information. Happy to share what I can.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

After reading the deal thread I decided to go to RCSS to do the Cracker Barrel cheese deal.
    Decided to redeem points since I was getting points back and I like to redeem when stocking up on an item.

So for .9 cents out of pocket and $30 in points (I redeemed $60 in points but received back $30 in points) I got:

9 bars of cheese
    2 slices of cheese
    roast beef sandwich meat
    Almond milk
    big bunch of bananas

Love redeeming for deals like this!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found out this morning that my OESP application for a hydro rebate was approved and just awaiting final sign off. This means we will get $40.00 off on our hydro bill each month for 2 years. The great thing was they only take income tax taxable income into account and nothing more, it was a win for us since last year we had less income due to planning and government RRIF low withdrawal allowances. So in the end we win and will save pretty much half of our hydro bill for the next two years! Very pleased here! Not a huge amount but hey I will take it if they are offering!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Goodboy -i applied for that hydro rebate also in feb and was approved ,never knew about it til i read on the back of my bill one day(in fine print).I think it has been in effect for 3 years now (not sure on that ).Hubby and i make less income so why not every bit helps .Everything seems to be going up in life .

Doing laundry today and started a puzzle that has a picture of a craft room (due to our lovely winter weather ) dont know if i feel like walking outside today (maybe).
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information