User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Already June wow.....
    Any plans for the summer? Hollidays maybe?
    Gardening plans?
    I am hoping for not so hot weather and not so much humidity in the air .
    I will enjoy more fresh products like fruits and veggies local is they are affortable and just save and check more what I buy in general!And you?
    Here to another frugal month!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, May 31st, 2022 at 06:58 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @cath007 for starting this thread

I am not a gardener but I do love to reap the fruits of my DH labour. We have no plans to travel since we are not comfortable as yet. We will enjoy being out on our deck .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-i have 2 tomato plants in pots on my deck ,cant believe june is here.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

May savings total $623.46.

Coupons - $185.20
    10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys - $14.12
    PC Optimum - No Frills - $90
    Air Miles - $220
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $10
    Caddle - $21.05
    Garden - $15
    Stuff Sold - $1
    SARCAN - $45.50
    Tim’s Rewards - $5.39
    Dominos - $10
    Circle K wins - $6
    Money found - $0.20
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am struggling a bit this week, just feeling super tired and worn down. I think more than physically it is mentally as well, we are short staffed again and just trying to keep up with everything is "fun." But it is also a double edge sword for me, either we are short staffed and I am helping or we hire new people and then I need to train them. Both have their challenges but right now my challenge is we are short staffed and have new staff do trying to split my time is a challenge.

Monday night after work we went and picked up the AC unit, I was a little surprised, I bought it from a big box store and that was what I expecting. I got there and it was clearly a smaller location but was surprised to find out they store their AC units in a Sea Can outside, not sure how I feel about that, not sure if that is good for the unit, guess I will see.

Getting it home was fun, we took Mom's car as hers is bigger but we still have to lay it on it's side to transport it. Before I bought it I check the weight online, the website said 75 lbs, no prob, I can lift 75 lbs. Um, nope clearly marked on the box 94 lb, it was a struggle to get it into the house but we got it in. We let it sit for 24 hours a) because we transported it on it's side b) to allow it to acclimate to our house as suggested. Although we did not set it up last night, our house wasn't that warm and stuff, I just have stuff everywhere, thank you basement renos.

Basement update, the basement is done, he finished yesterday but did not clean up. I went down last night to grab something out of the freezer and was like "what the?!?!?!?" Apparently he told Mom he did not have time to clean up yesterday, he had somewhere to be but would come back at a late date (date not given to clean up). Not holding my breathe. Right now the plan is to start the cleaning Friday night after work and see how far we can get this weekend.

We need to clean everything, rebuild the pantry, reorganize the big room to make room for stuff that has been living upstairs to move back downstairs. Yep, I am feeling a little overwhelmed, not so much with that needs to be done but finding the time to get it done. Right now since I am so all over the place with work by the time I am done work at night, I am done and not much gets done other than dinner and dinner dishes.

Last night on my way home I needed to run into No Frills as Mom somehow is out of bread (I swear, I just bought her a 3-pack at Costco, but I emptied the freezer and could not find any) and we were having clubhouse sandwiches for dinner so we needed bread. I am was kind of surprised, I was going to grab a pack of Romaine since I won't be going to Costco this week but the produce section was bare, there were so many empty spots and not just what was on sale. Not sure if a truck did not come in but the produce section was bare.

Happy Wednesday, time to check the upcoming flyers and see if there are deals to take advantage of.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What a storm last night! Woke up the entire house. Opened the window to watch/listen and it was still warm out.
    Today it actually feels cooler even though my car said it was 22 out when I drove DS to school before 8am!

Dinner tonight- BLSL chicken breast with veggies and salad. I watched a tik tok this morning on spicing up the chicken, put a garlic clove under it and wrapping it in tinfoil and cooking it in the air fryer. So that is the plan tonight!

I had 3 buns in the freezer so perfect for DS's lunch today and the rest of the week. Mission to use stuff up!

Have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Making a small homemade mac and cheese. I will have some for lunch and then the leftovers will be free for the taking. (using up a 1/2 bag of elbow noodles)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So happy ,we decided to upgrade and get a newer car our old car was 13 yrs old and needing so much fixed with it lately .We didnt feel like sinking more money into an older car .Now we have a nice 2 yr old hatch back from mazda.

I am still dealing with health problems ,so not going out much .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hear you CG-I was sick all of May and I did get out much. Hopefully June will be better!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday! This week is flying by compared to last week and I only worked 3 days last week!

Dropped DS off at school and back home to work. I have some Irish oats to make for breakfast (bought at Bulk barn a few weeks ago to try) so will try them today.
    Will put a load of laundry on today and then hang up to dry.

The chicken I made in the air fryer last night was really good! Tonight- hmm not sure but will go dig in the freezer soon and figure it out.
    I should make a pot of rice and made DS chicken fried rice (then I can use up some cooked chicken in freezer and open veggie bags)
    Loving the diced up peppers I have in the freezer. They have come in handy for many meals. Will watch for the flashfood boxes with peppers and do this more often.

Enjoy the day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Load of laundry washed and hung to dry. Does anyone else hang dry their undies and socks? I always have and my friend thinks its weird lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Its very grey and overcast here today.
    DS just went to the park to play basketball. He wore jeans and then came home quickly to change into shorts because he said it to warm for jeans.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Frugalbigmama -i hang my undie and socks ,plus my umbrella drying unit is at the side of my house ,we have a frost fence on that side .So if my neighbours who are in their 70's and 80 or their daughter who is in her 40"s wish to look i dont care .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m booked to teach 3 or 4 consecutive days for the same English teacher.

My older sister just called me to tell me that our aunt died today. She died peacefully in hospital from cancer with her sister at her side. At least we knew it was coming...otherwise it would be a lot harder phone call to take. I stepped out of the classroom in order to answer the call.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Angela sorry to hear about your aunts passing .

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information