User Tag List

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I thought of the idea to start the thread earlier,so nobody will forgot haha
    Do you find deals at good price for local veggies and fruits for the season?
    How yours gardens is doing?
    Wow already July,yippe I am in vacantion for 1 month..with a lots of things to do hahah
    What are yours plans this months,resolution etc.?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy Canada Day!!!!
    no mail today in QC...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning!!!!
    It feel so good to be on holldays and not rushing or being to busy lol!!!
    Wow Christmas movies in July....not sure if I wll listening some lol ( noel du campeur)
    today the plan after lunch will be clean the stove,change things of place,kitchen tidy up and make space for the new stove
    After maybe to clean the fridge and freezer ,will see
    Happy friday and wishing you all a great day!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have an announcement.

Two weeks ago I received an unexpected phone call from a small town in a neighbouring school division. The superintendent had selected my application for a different school than the ones I had applied for, and the principal of that small town school was calling to offer me an interview. One week ago I interviewed in person and was offered the full-time continuing teaching contract 2hrs later. A continuing teaching contract is what I’ve been trying to get for the past 11yrs. This community is 2.5hrs away and my husband is not able to transfer there with his current employer because the community is too small. I will be moving to teach there for the school year and hope to get a teaching position in a better location next year. I will travel home to see my 3 children and Dh on weekends and school breaks. It will be very difficult because it is very rare that I’m away from my children overnight. We’ll have a childcare provider come into our home to take care of the children after school until my husband gets home, which isn’t until after supper time. I’ve been slowly wrapping my brain around everything and trying to make a plan.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 ; WTG!!!! Congratulations!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congratulations @Angela273 on the teaching contract.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Congrats angela on the teaching position.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Congrats @Angela273 on the job! I’m sorry you will have to be away from your family. It’s sad but I think more and more people have to make these kind of difficult decisions because of the way the world is going now.

Going to spend the day relaxing. Started the day off by washing my sliding glass doors and screens inside and out, getting my strength training class done and stretching class after that, 2 loads of laundry ( not really relaxing but to me it is). Dh and I are headed to Starbucks for my FREE b day drink(can’t pass up a freebie!). Not sure what we will do after that, maybe a glass of wine or a cooler on the patio (it’s 5 o’clock somewhere).

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Angela273 How incredibly fortunate that this job landed your way, and after such a long time waiting, so CONGRATS!! But as I said in the rep comment, these are the insane choices Mom's and Dad's have to make to keep the family afloat financially. I hope your plans all go off without any hitches and your kids ( and DH ) smother you each and every time you come home to be with them.
    Best of luck!!
    @cath007 I really like that you started up the July thread with the focus on fresh produce and gardening. We don't do anywhere near as much planting of fresh veggies as we did years ago when there were 3 kids here eating, but DH still tinkers and shoves some seeds into the dirt more out of a hobby than for harvesting.
    Enjoy that wonderful month off on your vacation time!!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks @cath007 for starting this thread. My DH is doing a vegetable garden , it’s a hobby he loves .According to him it helps with stress He planted Chinese long Squash, Butternut, zucchini, Hot peppers, bitter melon, peas, beans, tomatoes, cucumber spinach and collard greens . I can wait to have some fresh vegetables

@Angela 279 congrats on your teaching contract. I am sure it will be stressful at first since you will be away from your family especially the kids. Wishing you the best of luck without any hiccups..

Happy Canada All

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@walkonby and @flemeth my pleasure to start the July thread !!! @walkonby : thanks for the hollidays wishes..i just hope they will not pass to fast haha

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening everyone!!! Today was quite productive but I did not had the time and energy to clean the fridge and freezer so that will wait sunday.
    I just need to clean a little bit the old stove and declutter the locker and I will be done !!! Just have to wait the delivery between 2:50 and 5:50 pm

Grr tossed a lot of crap ....I really dislike to do that...It is really like putting my money in garbage... Anyone feel this way too when you waste food? it was way beyong expired and forgetted...

So the trashs bags of that purging-cleaning is in the garbages..but noticed someone as pull off 1 bag of the garbages to see what was in the bag..surrely a walker stranger...I hate that...

It was moving day here in QC...I am happy not to move and just have cleaning to do!!! Moving and prices of appt are so unfortable right now...

It is called reno viction,.....when the landlor do some renovation and put a crazy price you cannot affort after..like the double...it is illegal but so difficult to fight against those no pity landlor ...I am happy we have a reasonnable price looking okaie apprt.!!!!

I cleaned the balcony door and so on...it was dirty!!!

It is ''gros rebut'' this week..basically you get rid of what you dont want anymore..so it is all over the sideways and grass atm..not beautiful
    Alright have a beautifull rest of evening and night!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am currently having trouble finding a place to rent in the small community. I’m hoping for a furnished basement suite so that it’s easy for me to move and set up the basics. I have to prepare to live alone, no kids, no husband, no cat. I haven’t done that in a very long time. Cooking for 1 person while still meal planning for people to cook at our house.

The principal is interested in me running the after school craft program at the school. I believe it is for the elementary students. I’m open to specific craft ideas for any season or holiday, etc. I’m crafty enough, but I’ll still need to work to prepare to do weekly crafts in addition to the 5 courses I will be teaching each semester.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jul 1st, 2022 at 10:44 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

An RV rental might be a reasonable alternative. Just as quick to arrange and an adequate temporary arrangement for most people.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 I am so happy you have a FT contract but it’s unfortunate that you will be so far from home.
    DS2 and I spent two hours paddling today. We did one of the rivers in our city that feeds in to Lake Ontario. It’s always amazing to see that side of the city, so quiet and it’s like being in cottage county. We also got lucky as it poured rain at our home and we had only a few drops at the lake.
    I put a load of laundry on the line pretty late in The day and it was breezy enough it dried.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information