User Tag List

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Longo's has the Fall issue of its magazine out in stores and online! Inspiration for anyone with cheeses, pesto and butternut squash or strawberries for sheet pan pancakes.

https://en.calameo.com/longos/read/0...2388b7462d2f3b

I was at the local store on Thursday to get a copy and do a small shop of items after looking around at the aisles. Spotted one coupon posted in two locations-in front of the Bear Paw cookies and Maple Leaf naturals cold cuts in the deli area. Can't say I saw any other coupons as I did walk down every aisle but not the full length of back aisle.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up bright and early this morning, woke up just before 4 and could not fall back to sleep. I got up just after 4:30 and decided to get my day started.

Decided since I was up I would wash my sheets, they are in the dryer now. Now I have the couch blankets in the washer and will vacuum the couch before I put them back.

In a little while I need to go and switch cars, they finally got back to us to say they can service my car this week. I need to switch cars as we are not sure how long they will have my car and I will be making some trips into the branches this week which I cannot do without a car.

Mom sent me a text, a neighbour emailed her last night that she has a flat tire. I need to go out and see if it is completely flat or just low. If it is low I will go put air in it and take it to the tire shop. If it is flat we will have to call CAA, only thing is I seem to remember there is an issue with Mom's spare tire and they could not put it on last time she had a flat so we may have to have it towed to the tire place.

Hoping Mom is up before I have to switch cars and if we need to call CAA, she can call them and wait for them well I switch cars.

Ugh car drama. Still need to deal with the fact Mom's AC is not working but that is a problem for another week.

Happy Tuesday that feels like a Monday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My compote that I blended with two sliced lemons-tastes rather tart like a chutney! On last jar of fruit to blend, one lemon wheel became like a twisted rubber seal around the blender blades. I thought I had managed to ruin the motor but it was the lemon wheel that slowed down the works. I will spoon in some compote into oatmeal. Had some cold compote this morning and the lemon is lively! I should have removed the slices before blending in an older Oster blender (it's definitely not a high speed blender that blitzes everything).

Got up after 2am (hadn't put the comforter on and was cold). Checked flight schedule and at connecting airport, Mom and Bro's flight literally arrived about 15min before connecting flight in Austria. As far as I can figure, there's only one more evening flight with same airline tonight unless Bro decides he can get onto a second airline with same flight but in afternoon. He's not responded to my email in which I mentioned one of the airport lounges has a summer price promo and stays are up to 3h long. In case he and Mom need a relaxing snooze/shower before a light lunch. Not sure where they'd spend another 5h outside of lounge if they are stuck waiting on evening flight.

Putting the comforter onto the sheets and taking off the afghan was sleep goal when I went back to bed! Worked like a charm for about 2.5h. Watery sepia sky this morning. Have to wait and see when to hang laundry outside. Plan to head out for a few grocery staples and try my luck at walk-in visit at salon then on to the library. I won't cut grass today but will do light raking and work on bagging anything else I can put to the curb. My room needs some attention too.

Lunch-have to figure out if I want sausages with buns or cook long-grain rice with chicken bouillion cube. Actually need to see if I can find 1kg bag of rice. Not going to get a 2kg bag (too much) from the store.

Have my grocery list jotted. Must focus on avoiding impulse buys (my downfall). Oh, the day will need tea by lunchtime! I can feel it.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Ciel - Enjoy having the house to yourself for 2 weeks! What a dream!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! My baby starts his adventure today. Took his 1st day of college pic

Made DS a lunch. Made lots of coffee/breakfast/lunch for me to take to the office. Get my work day out of the way and then home to get some things done.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Giseledta, harbie, Purdee and 8 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    It's a baking morning here trying to use up some of the kiwis and peaches. Pulled 2 loaves of kiwi banana bread from the oven and stuck in 6 full sheets of phyllo pastry, each of them buttered, sugared, sprinkled with spices and " pecaned " stacked all together then cut into 6 squares and each square topped with 1/2 peach, sliced into 1/8" pieces and fanned out.
    Still have lots of phyllo left....ugh, maybe I'll invent something using up the wrinkliest apples in the fruit bin.
    A picture is worth a thousand nomnoms! The pastries are all gone now, too late to worry about those calories.

Name:  kiwi banana loaf, open faced phyllo fruit flans, cream cheese phyllo bundles.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  100.7 KB
    Giseledta, harbie, Purdee and 8 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good day:

My bedding has been washed and bed remade ready for bedtime. Mom's will be done on Friday as the car drama lead to it not getting done today.

Couch blankets are washed, couch has been vacuumed and blankets are back on the couch.

My car has been swapped, I will be driving my step-mom's car until mine comes back. Since we do not know how long it will take for my car to come back, Dad did not want me cancelling my schedule until it was back since I have 2 staff in training and the launch of a new online system this month.

CAA has been, air was put in Mom's tire (it was completely flat) and we were able to drive it to the tire place, tire has been fixed, there was a nail in it.

Most of my work is done, just a couple of things to catch up because of course I was in the branch longer than expected and fell a little behind, just a bit of paperwork to do tonight.

Next is to make dinner, tonight we are making Eggroll in a Bowl, all the veggies are chopped just need to cook some rice and make the sauce well the stir fry portion cooks.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Have a good evening and night...thanks god this day is over...spend this day w ith nausea so not sure if I will be able to eat dinn.er
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Sep 6th, 2022 at 05:09 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

first day with the new kids. everything was amazing. it is going to take a bit to get into a new schedual. it will be worth it.
    made a new dish for supper. i need to fiddle with it but it will be good.

going to take it easy this week.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Babysat cara today as she doesnt start school til wednesday.I went to dentist no cavities -yes.
    Papa watched her.

Then popped into mastermind got ashlyn her grow terriunium for her birthday and a few small xmas stuff for ashlyn and sebastian .I think i will return one item.

Then popped into dollar tree got a few loaves of bread 1.50 -cant beat that price.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m continuing to have a difficult time…crazy doesn’t even cover it. Prayers are welcome…as is more sleep.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Co-op, the most expensive of all the grocery chains, is offering $3/lb for eye-of-round roast. This is the price pre-inflationary craziness and makes me wonder if prices are finally coming under some semblance of control.
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Babysat cara today as she doesnt start school til wednesday.I went to dentist no cavities -yes.
    Papa watched her.

Then popped into mastermind got ashlyn her grow terriunium for her birthday and a few small xmas stuff for ashlyn and sebastian .I think i will return one item.

Then popped into dollar tree got a few loaves of bread 1.50 -cant beat that price.
    The Dollar Tree bread deal is amazing. Today I saw the sign at Food Basics...3 loaves for $7.97. When I saw the sign it reminded me how great the Dollar Tree deal is. I will hit mine on delivery day for sure this week and get extra for the freezer. (DS is back to taking a sandwich everyday) Thank-full for the loaf of bread my BIL made me take home the other day lol (they hate having too much food around but shop at Costco!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Since DS is out the door early so am I. Grabbed romaine and 3 more trays of steak. Dinner tonight and the rest into the freezer.
    We are well stocked up! Now bring on BLSL chicken breast deal!!

Have DS's bedding in the washer now. He will be cleaning his room when he gets home.

Kitchen is clean. I emptied the dishwasher this morning from the weekend. Washed all the dishes in the sink. Made coffee and am enjoying it now.
    Will make eggs and toast for breakfast.
    Now I can start my work day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I need to get moving ,i feel so lethargic .I may hang my one load on the line as it still is warm out .

Then may pop over to mastermind and return a toy -it was an impulse buy .May cheak out walmarts toy section ,i decided to push my groceries up one or 2 more days easy to do when only 2 of us.

My daughter called she got a promotion so happy for her and she talked about how sebastian was excited and worried over grade 1-lol.We will visit her on the weekend as sebastian is turning 6 next week.She will have a small party with his 2 cousins the girls ashlyn and cara.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information