User Tag List

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning ,well i caught covid .I tested last night 1.00 a.m as i had the worst headache and chills,then sweats .
    I didnt get groceries last week ,only went out a few times last week .Whos knows where i caught it .
    I am wearing a PPE and trying to stay away from my hubby ,so i am living upstairs ,lets hope he doesnt get it .

So sorry that you caught Covid hope you feel better soon.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It has been a week already.

I spent pretty much all of Sunday in the kitchen getting things ready for this week. I made three different Instant Pot recipes, Teriyaki Chicken Bowls (needs some work, had to cook it twice and veggie did not steam as recipe said), Chicken Hibachi (made this recipe before, we like it) and then for Dinner because I did not want to cook Lazy Instant Pot Lasagna.

Used all older produce in the fridge which was my goal but realized when I went to put dinner together I forgot to chop the romaine for the week.

Monday was insane as I prepped for the week but I did take a 15 minute break and got the lower cabinets washed, I know you should go top to bottom but I did not have standing in a ladder in me. I also cleaned the outside of the stove.

Today was a branch day. In the next 3 weeks starting this week I was supposed to visit every branch to help with the launch of a new online program but the launch has been put on hold. So now I need to rework the upcoming weeks.

Today Mom harvested all our remaining herbs and they are in the dehydrator now.

Today was insane so much going on, already ready for the weekend but it is only Tuesday.

Happy Tuesday
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ugh coupongirl so sorry to hear you have Covid. I feel like a walking time bomb because I feel eventually we are all going to get it. I was in the office today and honestly so few people are wearing mask on the GO and it’s almost as full as pre-pandemic. Thankfully the office is still pretty thin so we all feel safe and the cleaning is next level.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks for all the comments everyone .
    I got a better sleep last night my neighbour called asking if i needed anything this morning -not yet.
    I willl test hubby maybe tonight ,he has no symptoms so maybe he may not get it .I opened all the windows and wiping everything down ,staying in my spare room.

I did just sit out back on my deck just now for 15 minutes as this is the last nice day.Hubby told me he will hang the clothing on the line for me .

Just a low grade fever and my nose is not dripping like it was yesterday .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Had a massage appt. first thing this morning. Haven't had a coffee yet! Guess I will wait and have one this afternoon.

Bedding is in the washer. Then will make bed and put on comforter that I washed at the laundromat last week. Ready for the cool nights (its better then the duvet... i usually use it all year long)

Apparently DS ate all the sandwich meat I thought I stocked him up on. Grabbed the last one at Walmart this morning. (its the best deal I have found) Will watch for them to restock and get more to last to the expiry date.

Enjoy the day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The rain has started here. So dark out.

I just bbq'd burgers in the garage Leftovers for the fridge. No cooking tonight, fend for yourself.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ancaster has been darkening for the past 10min-storm or rain time! I managed to rake some of the leaves yesterday (so dry) and get them bagged for next week.

Snuck online when I realized I haven't heard Bro for awhile. Looking forward to temperature drop tonight and tomorrow. Just cleaned up my photo files on USB.

Um, the stress is back with family (Mom's not happy with my pitch and toss but I am). They got home at 5pm. Bigger luggage is stuck somewhere in Europe-they were on the morning flight that got late to connecting airport so only carryon bags came with them. Airline's to send big luggage here eventually. Most of planned visits they had went well except the one cousin (I called it! I knew she'd stunt again) flaked again for 2nd time in 5yrs even though on phone call prior to trip she said ok, come on over. No contact made with male relations-no starting point except general area where they live.

Looking forward to paper bundle and flyers tomorrow. Got my bank statement in mail yesterday but no exciting treasure or promo mail.
    Glad I have tea-making a point of having a cup every morning!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bed made with fresh clean bedding and 2nd load of laundry is hanging up to dry. Glad to be on top of laundry!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening,
    Today was another branch day but the manager was in today so I only stayed for a half a day so I could come home and be me.

On my way home I stopped and grabbed a few things before the sales changed.

I needed to run into Wal-Mart for more Oregano pills so since I was there anyways I grabbed 3 x Mushrooms $0.84.

The to Food Basics to grab:
    2 x Raspberries $1.88
    2 x Clementines $1.88
    2 x Broccoli $0.98
    1 x Cheez-it $1.98 (Mom say these and said she wanted to try them)

Then to No Frills for:
    2 x Green Onions $0.79
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Peppers 2.5 lbs $3.99
    2 x Bleach
    1 x Milk

Mom texted me well I was in the store to ask if we had more bleach so on a whim I checked the price and it was on sale, it is 2.4 L for $3 something, was cheaper than the no name.

Still need to look at next week's flyer and see if there is anything we need.

Dinner tonight, we made our own version is a Chicken Sandwich, we used Chicken Breast Halves, Dredged them in Egg and Flour and pan fried to make sandwich (a rip off of a Big Crunch or Big Mary) and I made Air Fryer Fries on the side. It was good and it wasn't take out, I have so been craving a Chicken Sandwich.

Happy Wednesday
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Saw the craziest thing on the news tonight. Its even showing up on the news in the UK.

https://www.chch.com/oakville-teache...hetic-breasts/

At first I thought this was a joke, but no, it's definitely not. I hope posting it here doesn't offend anyone.
    @coupongirl I hope you are starting to feel better.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@barbis9 wtactual F?? She must have a screw loose, even though she teaches shop!

@coupon girl that certainly is a bummer to have a repeat of covid. If this was a lottery you'd be considered so lucky! ( sorry, nervous humour here )
    As far as un-vaccinated persons making sweeping judgements about vaccinated persons getting infected, it's like you said.... at least you've not been hospitalized, intubated or worse.
    Thankfully a bad cold and headaches appear to be the default setting of symptoms. Hope you get back to normal soon, and praying your DH can avoid catching it so you two can have a belated celebration for your b'day and Anniversary!

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning everyone its my birthday and anniversary ,wow 63 and no where to go .lol and 43 yrs married .

Walkonby-i have not had covid before this is the first 2 and a half yrs in and lucky me caught it .lol We will celebrate in oct later as i have a gift card for the keg i need to use up .

barbis9-i am starting to feel a tiny bit better,no more nose dripping and extreme headache ,just a dull headache but now its the coughwhich is extreme day 4 here for me ,so glad i stocked up on kleenex .

Hubby will be going to seniors day at shoppers this should be fun ,whatever he buys or not i will be good with that .I will give him a small list really need eggs and milk .He doesnt even know the layout of the store -lol.Tested hubby last night nothing me staying in another room away from him and all windows open and wearing a ppe when i go downstairs maybe is helping .

Wow could have slept a bit longer but coughing woke me ,Everyone have a great day.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is a work from home day and I got A LOT to get done. There are a few things on my plate that are larger tasks and need focus.

I took a look at the flyers last night and there are some good deals out there to be had this week but it looks like another week where I am going to have to go to most stores to get what I want. But with that being said, I am thinking I might go to No Frills, see what I can get and then what they won't Price Match I will go to the store to get.

I see there are some baking supplies on sale I want to stock up on, the prices are comparable to last year. But there are other supplies I am hoping going into Christmas we might see some better prices (i.e., Flour, WOW the bags I was buying for $7.99/$8.99 are now going on sale for $10.99/$11.99 and Oil, OH MY GOSH what is up oil prices, they are insane).

It looks like cooler temps are coming our way and I am all for it. I want all of the Fall comfort foods. I see Food Basics has Cauliflower on sale and I am already planning a Roasted Cauliflower soup for next week. So excited.

Happy Thursday
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Sep 22nd, 2022 at 07:26 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Cold damp rainy day here to start. Good day for working at home and then house stuff.

Breakfast was coffee and eggs with rye toast. Tidied the kitchen. Washed pan by hand and other dishes in dishwasher.
    The fridge needs a clean out so that will happen today. Only thing we need grocery wise is lettuce.

Goal after work is to clean the hall entrance and put my orange lanterns out on the entrance table. My Fall decorating will then be done lol.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information