User Tag List

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Despite weather forecasters saying what a lovely day it was (Ms Sunshine was!), Mr. Wind has had icy teeth for days already...

OK, Universe resolved the e-mail punt-found what I was hoping for in the Spam folder last night (hadn't checked there day before because my folder has not shown email counts in recent years). Odd that one landed there but the random email was in the Inbox. Everything has been resolved (whew!).

Did put some laundry outside-only the kitchen towels got mostly dry but I did run everything through the dryer just to finish and to make sure it was dry. Ironed my summer sheet set (laundered last week but left aside ) and my scarf. Managed to finally vacuum my room. Will work through the papers and items-need to get rid of more stuff. Watched Jamie Oliver's 30minute meals and wanted to eat that roast beef/popovers and carrots plus crispy potatoes meal! AM channel scan-tv picked up lots of US stations. PM channel scan-CBC Toronto came back (and I noticed the tv signal pad needed a nudge for stronger signal) but I lost most of the extra stations. Makes for interesting tv watching when I can see HSN or How It's Made shows.

My wool hat has been so good for chilly mornings when I step outside. I am feeling the cold with this short hair!

Was looking at candidates for my ward and discovered advance polls start this Friday. Meanwhile, no voting cards have appeared in the mail. Tomorrow?
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@HermanH and @Frugalbigmama -love your stories! Congrats on the windfalls!
    harbie, barbis9 and HermanH like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning. We have sunshine!

For dinner last night I basically cleaned out the fridge and started cooking all the things. I put the chicken skewers on the BBQ. Cut up the cauliflower and steamed that. Cut up mushrooms, grape tomatoes and garlic and sauteed them in coconut oil. Cut an avocado. Made a Greek salad. When it was all ready I wasn't even hungry. I made a small plate for myself and made up my lunch for tomorrow.

We went out and cleaned the garage for a bit last evening. Tossed some garbage. Moved stuff so we can put the BBQ near the door and then we can just pull it out when we want to BBQ this winter. Moved a bunch of stuff to my SUV for donation (toys/sports stuff /kitchen ware etc) Will continue on it tonight after work.

I went for a walk last night around 730 and boy did it get dark and cold quick! I should have put on my fuzzy hat and mitts like I thought about. Regardless I pushed myself and did my route. I was really exhausted at the end of the day. Which actually felt good.

Now to get this work day out of the way and get out there and enjoy the sunshine

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just came in did 2 loads of laundry ,blankets all hanging out on this beautifull day .Hubby washed the car and vacuumed.
    I trimmed back all my front bushes and day lilies .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After 9:30am, I got cracking on my Voila order (delivery fee is halved for late afternoon or evening the next day; no open times for today) and donated $25 to the dinner program. All went well! I will make a chai latte in the Keurig unit tomorrow after the delivery arrives! I looked at ECS Coffee's site-there are two or three chai lattes in boxes. Don't know what open stock pods are going for (might be time for a walk to check that out to see if any other brand's latte is different-noticed most are using sugar/sucralose for sweetness). I often miss the mix and match open stock events.

Have some laundry out on the lines. Gave the other shower curtain a sudsy wash and rinse and it too is on the outdoor line. Will put it away in the vanity drawer for likely use when the new one gets ruined.

Decided to look at the yummy coloured apparel and accessories on sale and in for fall/winter at Lord's Shoes in BC. My, what sock and hat (rose gold sequinned hat-I'd remove that pompom) temptations exist-seriously am considering two pairs of socks for the Oct. 14 tax credit purchase. I see two dresses on sale (for next summer) that Mom needs to consider but she's not quick to shop...love some of the summer slides on sale except for the lugged soles. Sigh I need a credit card. @Angela273 Lord's Shoes and Apparel has about 10 pairs of patterned compression socks (knee high or calf height) by Bleu Foret or Sockwell. $45 per pair (ouch) but thought you might like to consider any for colder weather wear under pants. https://www.lordsshoes.ca/collections/slippers Check all pages (2 prs of socks don't have images).

Ladies, have you spotted a 1/2" navy belt (oval or rectangular buckle, goldtone preferred) online anywear? Could use some store hints. Have already done the Bay, Rickis, Reitmans, Simons and Nordstrom.ca sites. Not wanting anything over $30 (so no "designer" stuff). Will check Zara and H&M sites soon.

Hoping today's mail has decent admail and the voter cards. Right now, I need to make a cup of tea (#2)! It's marvellous in the sun but there's a touch of ice in the air.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dont forgot to save yours 4 favorites pc offers since it is wednesday if you dont plan to go shopping today .I just did mine
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Very rough week up to date for me
    have to push it trought and make the best of efforts for it!!
    have a good evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just had my dinner. (my lunch I didn't eat) It was a fend for yourself night.
    Will give the fridge a once over tomorrow and see what we can come up with for dinner.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have never had this happen but it was a nice surprise. I was waiting on checkout 51 to fix an issue and happen to notice the yogurt offer was back, I bought 3 pumpkin yogurts last night and the offer was gone when I went to submit. So I just added another 3.30 to my account and as soon as it’s approved I will cash out.
    I was also able to take advantage of samplesource for the 1st time in likely 2 yrs. I got 9 offers. Yay.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just finished on the treadmill Feeling so good finally! Cutting dairy/bread etc has helped 100%.

The overgrown shrubs/trees were trimmed yesterday. It was so bad I couldn't see out the window to the street from the dining room (my office) Now I feel like I'm in a fish bowl. No more working in a towel straight from the shower lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had a few actual headaches this week. Also one headache called "family." Need remedies-hoping the chai latte later in the day will help!

Laundry on the go. Did a walk around the house to check on loose siding corners (there were a few) and sweep off dead things and spiderwebs from the underside of siding.
    Plan to get my comforter into the washer today and use some sunshine to partially dry it while the weather still is warm and dry (though I did see rain forecast for Oakville today-could be same for Hamilton).

Still waiting for weekly paper and flyers. Glad I looked at the flyer previews posted on the forum yesterday! Just need to get through each day... Had a light breakfast but am still needing some carbs-time for a milky tea to the rescue.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yay-despite the lack of milky froth, the scent of Twinings Chai Latte was appreciated! So nice, I made the mug-size (not the large mug) one twice. Lunch was 4 of the Pillers Turkey honey garlic sticks. I'll probably have the remaining 8 cups enjoyed by Monday, because I love this beverage.

Did get some rain drops around noon-got out to gather my laundry. Rain stopped. Glad I put Bro's laundry into dryer when it was done, not outside (too many pieces).
    Community paper bundle was spotted after 12pm but only got to read things around 3pm.

Kind of cool outside. Will wait for a sunnier day to wash my comforter.

Inspired by @Frugalbigmama 's recent fridge toss (food cleanup, not actual fridge pitching-we need a stick figure gif tossing a small fridge!), I used the home-alone time (almost 1-1/2 hr) to give the fridge its semi-annual vac and clean attention. Managed to pop off lower grill and get some more dust off. One of the back cardboard vents on the fridge was rather clogged with dust due to the humid summer. Discovered I could lift the front edge of crisper bar to wipe down the front ledges. Did see a pool of liquid in the shallow rectangle under the crisper bins. Guessing the one crisper generated a lot of condensation on the root veg slider setting thus water. Could not see any leaks in the upper fridge. Did spot one split shelf-one of the two clips on a bracket were not in the rack slot. Must have bumped up the shelf when a tall or bulky item was being removed from shelf below. Glad to have noticed the slip. Wiped down all surfaces with rubbing alcohol. Microfibre towel was perfect for wiping out the washed crisper bins!

Barely 20min later, two robocalls came (for Bro and one from mayoral candidate) and third call was for grocery delivery but I did not answer. Truck showed up 30sec after family came home! There was a trainee with the driver so I waved hi and said thank you at the back door.

Still no voter cards and no mail!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Flyer deals!

My eyes want the $11.99 Hershey/Twizzlers/Jolly Ranchers box of treats. For me! I will pop into CT on my way to Giant Tiger to check out candy boxes (browsing, not buying yet).

Giant Tiger-new flyer FINALLY has winter coats featured! Ladies Mountain Ridge faux fur hooded parka with storm flap and zipper or Lily Morgan Fashion parka (zipper only) at $95. VIP members_there's a two week Save $10 wus $60 on women's/men's/children's clothing footwear and accessories offer! It expires on Oct. 18! If you waiting for the CAI tax credit on Oct. 14, you can still use this offer then!

Also those men's leather gloves I loved last winter are back at $15/pr (men's and ladies-in-store only). Also gripper gloves at $12/pr (men's and ladies'-in-store only). If you can't fit in the small/med/lg gloves at Walmart, you might be able to do ok with GT gloves!

I intend to visit my store to try on coats. If I like one, I plan to get it and use my existing coat as a lap blanket or basement coat while Internetting to keep warm. Mom can inherit the new parka afterwards (she has not yet complained that I tossed her old ragged (lining and interlining were shredded from years of wear) wool coat but she definitely has complained about anything else I tossed out. She does not get the serenity from being free of clutter vibe YET.)

Party City stores Oct 7 & 8, 2022
    Bonus CT e-money days
    20X Triangle Rewards points card
    30X Triangle Rewards MC

Also same points offers at participating Canadian Tire stores on SELECT Party City merchandise and at canadiantire.ca including balloons, party decor, and party favours/tableware/bakeware. Oct 7&8 only.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Barely 20min later, two robocalls came (for Bro and one from mayoral candidate) and third call was for grocery delivery but I did not answer. Truck showed up 30sec after family came home!
    I have recently discovered Telus' Call Control function/feature and enabled it. I am happy to find that it works well and prevents all manner of robo-calls by forcing the caller to enter a randomly generated number between 0-9 for each call. If your provider is Telus, you might want to investigate this feature. It is quite helpful.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have a Bell landline, that once failed to work (used Bro's cell phone to call in outage report) during a hydro outage this summer. Since we don't subscribe to any Call Services (they got too pricey years ago), we usually let calls go to the answering machine (which needs replacement as the 4 portable handsets are all toast (can't change the message) so 5th ring means calls go to machine). It'd be nice to be able to screen calls before picking up without paying for Caller ID.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information