User Tag List

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of Santa's helpers wanted to ensure the New Year's month of January had a thread parked/ready to go. In case minds forgot/winter weather distracts/life just gets too *whatever* in the next 10 days' time.

Back to that Hootsuite Owl in front of the fireplace video: The Hootsuite Holiday Owl - YouTube
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

2022 savings total $4291.07

$271.79 - January
    $272.09 - February
    $227.82 - March
    $267.64 - April
    $623.46 - May
    $264.47 - June
    $242.90 - July
    $890.55 - August
    $465.37 - September
    $165.46 - October
    $384.07 - November
    $215.45 - December

Here’s hoping that 2023 is better than 2022.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Impressive.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Name:  New Years.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  286.1 KB
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy New Year everyone wishing you all the very best for 2023

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yesterday was a great day, I feel I really got organized but it was also a relaxing day.

But, now there is some regret. The dishwasher was clean yesterday and it never got emptied so all of the dishes piled up around the sink and the kitchen is a mess. So that is number 1 today, clean up the kitchen.

I woke up at 4 am and could not fall back asleep, got up at 5. Had a cup of tea, took a shower and now it is time to get to work, my house needs a lot of attention.

Lunch today will be leftover appetizers, whatever we do not eat will go in the freezer for another time.

I do have a to-do list I am working from but the list is a work in process. I would be lying if I did not admit I am kind of hoping today is one of those days where I just knock all the things out but we shall see. Some of the tasks are a bit time-consuming so we will have to wait and see how it goes, but I am going to be hopeful it will all come together for me.

Need to figure out dinner for tonight, thinking maybe Spaghetti Squash Caprese Bowls, or I found a recipe for One-Pot Greek Chicken & Rice that looks good. Or I do have a fair amount of leftovers/prepped veggies I need to us up so we could just have the leftover Loaded Baked Potato Bites with Butternut Squash (already cut-up) and a baked Chicken Breast. Options, we shall see.

Happy Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@SassyAshley can you please share your receipt for your Mozzarella stick it will be grandly appreciated. I tried many times to bake these but it’s not the best

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Happy New Year 2023

I slept 9 hours last night who ho ,mind you i have a bit of a cold,could be a bit run down .Went to bed after watching netflicks at 9.00 p.m.

Totaled my savings for the year down a couple hundred from the year before but hey thats okay .

So for the 2 of us in this household i saved $2,227.77 for the yr.I include p.c points ,scene,canadian tire ,scoops,ebates,what i sold on kijij,coupons used,gift cards i got as a gift or used points to get,few refunds ,gas savings from using my linked rbc visa,beer store returns and money from calling the gap to adjust my bill when items went on sale ,oh and rexall be well points.

So pretty happy with that amount ,angela you did awesome wow .I didnt find as many coupons this year,plus i only go out as needed grocery shopping every week and a half.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Jan 1st, 2023 at 09:37 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@flemeth , this is the recipe I used:

https://lifestyleofafoodie.com/air-f...arella-sticks/

They did explode a bit on me, one was bad but I had a couple that I did the breading back to back and did not freeze in between so those may have been the ones that exploded. My own fault, I was being impatient.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @flemeth, this is the recipe I used:

https://lifestyleofafoodie.com/air-f...arella-sticks/

They did explode a bit on me, one was bad but I had a couple that I did the breading back to back and did not freeze in between so those may have been the ones that exploded. My own fault, I was being impatient.
    Thank you very much @SassyAshley will be trying this

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Kitchen is clean, actually was not as bad as I expected it to be. Once I had the dishwasher emptied and reloaded there were not many dishes to be done by hand, always a win. Although I almost missed a stack of dishes from making the homemade breadcrumbs because they were not beside the sink.

Took a break for Breakfast, and decided to make myself some french toast with berries (Blackberries, Raspberries, Blueberries).

Cleaned the bathroom, it does need to be deep cleaned but that is not a project for today. I will put a Bathroom Deep clean on my project list. I scrubbed everything down but the Walls, Ceiling, Tub, and faucet need a good scrub down and I think a vinegar soak. I did wash them down but I think some scrubbing bubbles and vinegar are needed.

I do still need to do both the kitchen and bathroom floors. Going to take a small break and then time to start the floors.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning,

It was fairly quiet here last night with the exception of a few fireworks so I got a not too bad sleep.

The one thing I really want to focus on this year is food waste. We don’t really have much but I want to reduce that even more.

The plan is to try and do a no spend January with the exception of things that obviously run out like almond milk, coffee creamer. I think we have plenty of things to eat by shopping my pantry/ freezer.

Another food related improvement is when I do a grocery list I need to do a papa try and fridge/freezer list first. Reverse shopping list.

Now it’s breakfast time.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Younger son had a group of friends over last night and they all tidied and returned the house to normal before they left. their parents should be proud. They are all also over 19 and they made sure the one kid that had too much to drink got home safe and the DD really was a DD which is so encouraging. They did leave all the snacks which is not ideal for my January goals But I will send them back to school with DS2.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.... and a very happy new year.

i was up earlier, then fell back asleep.

i have a it of a todo list to get done today. but that is ok. i dont work till tuesday, so that will be nice.
    i am hopefully setting up teh $ books today for 2023. rather late this year but that is ok.
    hugs to all
    stuffed chicken breast with asperagus and havarti, roasted carrots and potatoes to go with
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information