User Tag List

Page 2522 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 1522 2022 2422 2472 2512 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2532 ... LastLast
Results 37,816 to 37,830 of 38274
Like Tree169189Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I made my absolute favourite plant based Mac and cheese! Yum. It so stupid easy and I always have the basic ingredients it uses and it’s relatively fast. I served it with loads of fresh spinach and I had leftovers for breakfast

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pub food tonight!
    harbie and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Spinach quiche with macaroni salad and slices of gouda cheese.
    Really simple but really good and tasty!!!
    Happy Saturday!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Saturday night DH never offered to open us up a bottle of wine with dinner, which I found curious but then remembered he's just come off ( getting over ) an annoying bad cold. He probably didn't want to waste good wine gambling on his newly recovered taste buds.
    We noshed on chicken breast schnitzel, ( with a homemade apple chutney ), boiled redskins, steamed asparagus/green beans and oven roasted carrots.

babies teach us acceptance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yum that schnitzel sounds good! I’ve never tried making schnitzel, is it difficult? I keep going back to the same old recipes in rotation.
    Tonight we are making pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed veg, broccoli carrots asparagus.
    We have lots of lemons so I’m making a lemon meringue pie this morning.
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
    Yum that schnitzel sounds good! I’ve never tried making schnitzel, is it difficult? I keep going back to the same old recipes in rotation.
    Tonight we are making pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed veg, broccoli carrots asparagus.
    We have lots of lemons so I’m making a lemon meringue pie this morning.
    Hi @sueshe no, in fact making schnitzel is rewarding! We've used different meats, chicken, turkey, pork and veal.
    First get organized with appropriate sized deep enough dishes. The first with AP flour, the second with beaten eggs, and the third with bread crumbs.
    Take whatever meat you use and pound it flat using whatever tool works. With chicken or turkey breasts I like to slice through them lengthwise first.
    If using pork I remove any extra fat that may be on the outside edges, using lean pork loin pieces works better as less fat.

One at a time place each piece into the flour first, shake off excess, place it into the beaten egg next, let excess drip off, them place in crumbs, press
    down so crumbs stick securely onto the meat. Your choice to add S & P or any other herb/spice to the crumbs.
    When all pieces of meat are fully floured/egg washed and crumbed, heat a large pan on high at first with ample butter in it, then lay a few pieces of the
    schnitzel into the pan You need to have the pieces slightly swimming in the butter at first and as it begins to sizzle, turn heat to medium.
    Cook and try to only turn them over once. That means watching carefully, lifting one edge to check that the heat is not burning the first side. I add extra
    butter to the pan as I lift any of the pieces partway up as that first side browns and crisps. It also keeps them from sticking and adds extra flavour.

It may take 2-3 batches of cooking depending on the size of your frying pan. If you place too many pieces in the pan all at once it can lower the temperature
    and the browning gets impeded. All fun! My guys LOVE schnitzel. We aren't even sure if this is the real way to make it, but who cares if it's delicious.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Keeping it easy tonight as my ambition is lacking.

Bake Chicken Breast with a Baked Potato, Roasted Asparagus & a Cucumber Bocconcini Balsamic Salad.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walkonby! Thank you for posting that, I will make it this week and let you know how it turns out😎
    I think I’ll try it with chicken breast as I have 2 in freezer that are a couple months old and need to be used up.
    Rarely do I freeze chicken as I prefer it fresh but I bought a package of 4 and had to freeze 2 at that time.
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Made 2 of these lean ground pork with diced veg meat pies Sunday morning, this is what is left.

Name:  ground pork and veg meat pie.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  41.4 KB
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Getting back on track with Dinners, I need to stop thinking "Ugh, dinner again? Didn't we just have dinner last night?"

Tonight we are making Homemade Pizza with the usual suspects, Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Onions, Bacon, Cheddar & Parm.

I am also trying to eat more Fruits and Veggies, not feeling a Salad so think I will just have some Mini Cucumbers and Pepper slices on the side.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I made the chicken schnitzel last night and it was delicious! Thank you walkonby!
    we made fried rice and Caesar salad to go with, leftovers for lunch before our bridge game today

Dinner tonight will be nachos with leftover chili and fresh guacamole.
    walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Tonight I am making a Roasted Pork Tenderloin which I will cover over a bed of Onions, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes & Potatoes. Will have a side Salad with it.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
    I made the chicken schnitzel last night and it was delicious! Thank you walkonby!
    we made fried rice and Caesar salad to go with, leftovers for lunch before our bridge game today

Dinner tonight will be nachos with leftover chili and fresh guacamole.
    @sueshe your so welcome! Sounds delicious with fried rice and salad too! We are eating up the few leftovers from Saturdays luncheon. Mmmm, the roasted butternut squash hummus was a real hit along with the deep fried potato balls. Our devilled eggs were the biggest laugh because I had used NEON food
    colouring on the bottoms, the white part. They were so bright! Tasted great though.
    Sadly today is the first day back for me....reluctantly. I did promise myself to get back on the healthier cleaner eating train again once we hosted this luncheon.
    I've given DS and DH the green light to eat up all the bad stuff to get it out of my sight. terrible eh? making them eat badly until the stuff is gone.

Tonight I'll probably do up a romaine salad, have to rethink the bottled Caesar dressing and those darn crunchy croutons. Neither of them are my friend atm. Happy Easter weekend all!
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Apr 9th, 2023 at 08:23 PM. Reason: grammar
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had a family pack of ground beef lose its sucker seal in my freezer so I have turned it into Pasta Sauce which is simmering away on the stove.

Some of this will become lasagna for tonight's dinner with Garlic Bread and a Salad.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

What a crazy " catch up on sleep " sort of day. I MUST have needed it, ate breakfast at 10:30 a.m. and can barely recall doing anything after that. A bit of tidying up and then crawled up into bed for a " nap ". Woke up at 6 p.m. ! The best part about that was it's Day 1 of my ( yet again ) trip on the weight loss adventure.

Mixed a lovely bed of chopped romaine with diced red peppers, tossed in some crispy fried parsnip strings and made a dressing with Balsamic vinegar, EVOO and Cool Running's herb mix.
    Then pan sauteed soon to be expiring green onions, mushrooms, red pepper and green beans, tossed in diced prime rib beef meat with 2 spoons of my homemade gravy and VOILA!
    Hoping to have nothing else until breakfast tomorrow.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Apr 9th, 2023 at 08:47 PM.
    coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Thread Information