User Tag List

Page 1127 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 127 627 1027 1077 1117 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1137 1177 1227 1627 2127 ... LastLast
Results 16,891 to 16,905 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    I have a Christmas cold/flu--darn!! I'm not hugging anyone else all Christmas! LOL...my appetite is gone. I made a big dish of the pork chop recipe above but couldn't even look at it when it was done so just took it to my grandmother's where it was devoured. Today will be just Hot Toddys and Ruffles.
    I am finally back after being away for 10 days and all I want is home cooked food, now to decide what to have.

Good news the storm did not hit here like it hit in Toronto (about an hour away) which makes me so happy I was so afraid we were going to come home to find things spoiled in the fridge but nope, we never lost power. Which means my pre planning before our trip has left us with enough food to last us a few days before we have to shop.

Now what to have for dinner is the question. I am thinking pasta but we will have to see how the day goes since I am still swaying from the cruise and going off about 5 hours of sleep after being up for 23 hours getting home so we will have to see how I feel at dinner time. But it will be home cooked.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Just put a pork loin roast in the crockpot for supper, will make mashed potatoes to go with it, since there will be a nice gravy; salad, and some sort of hot veggies.
    What do you put in the crock pot with the pork loin and how long do you cook it for.
    SillyLoocie and cheekysaver like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Gotta finish off the rest of the chicken in the chicken tetrazini that hubby made the other night so im making a chicken salad and chicken noodle soup with chinese noodles. Dessert will be Duncan Hines cake drizzled with maraschino cherry liquid (left over from Christmas baking) and vanilla ice cream.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Ribs & Spanish Rice that will be delicious....but I am not eating them.

I'm sticking to soup. (not feeling so chipper)

Happy New Year!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Gotta finish off the rest of the chicken in the chicken tetrazini that hubby made the other night so im making a chicken salad and chicken noodle soup with chinese noodles. Dessert will be Duncan Hines cake drizzled with maraschino cherry liquid (left over from Christmas baking) and vanilla ice cream.
    MMMM yum... now i am going to go to the store and buy some wine and make a batch of turkey tetrazzini... I love that stuff.... wine and parma and turkey or chicken go so well together!!! I picked up some foil containers to have make ahead meals... this is going to be a NICE one thanks.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Feel better soon Keljo and Loocie!
    harbie and KelJo like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Last night it was tourtiere (meat pie) reheated, boiled potatoes seasoned with bay leaves, and steamed broccoli. I'm still in the Christmas lazy mode.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I was going to cook some chicken and have on salad, but we got lazy. Bought Chinese food (and pizza for DS).
    harbie, cheekysaver, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Dreamer
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Spaghetti with meatballs and crumbled feta to top it. A glass of red wine to finish.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    What do you put in the crock pot with the pork loin and how long do you cook it for.
    I would usually first poke in garlic cloves all over inside the roast, but my garlic was shrively so I couldn't do it.

Did a dry rub over all, of garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, onion powder, pinch of Italian seasoning.
    Put roast in slowcooker, covered with a mix of a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup and 3/4 of a can of water.
    Then, usually I would sprinkle on a packet of dry onion soup mix, but didn't have any, so I sprinkled on some onion powder and beef bouillon powder.

Cooked an hour and a half at high, then on slow for another seven hours - but I've done it eight hours on slow before and it's been fine. About every hour, I mix the sauce and spread over the roast.

Removed the roast and shredded it - not to bits, kind of just broke it apart. Put the sauce in a saucepan and made a gravy by adding cornstarch slurry, and it needed a bit of salt. Put the pork back in the crockpot on warm - I had added some of the sauce before I thickened it.

Oh, it was yummers!

Even with giving our son a generous helping of leftovers, there is still enough for us for tonight for supper.
    I'll just made some veggies to go with it, and there may not be enough potatoes left, but there's potato salad if needed.
    harbie, cheekysaver, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Last night was a bit of a dinner fail, wasn't feeling well so all I ate all day was a bagel so that was dinner at like 2 pm

Tonight was better had Pasta with Meat Sauce, I love pasta, it is my go too meal.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hamburger without a bun, M & M French fries. Good wholesome meal

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Happy New Years Eve everyone!! It's party time! I have several different party invitations so will try and make an appearance at all hopefully. There will be so much food, being on the east coast the themes are usually fish related, with everything from crab dips, fish cakes and beyond..I know one house is planning on deep frying a whole turkey outside (brrrr) so it will be a smorgasbord of food everywhere.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Happy new year! We're invited out, but not until after supper. I was thinking spaghetti, but while I was out I saw guys selling lobster so I think I will get lobster for DS and I (hubby doesn't like it, so he will get spaghetti).

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Ok, so i bought Smokies the other day and for some reason i thought they were like real sausages but they look like pregnant weiners. So i made hot dogs with the smokies and thats exactly what they looked and tasted like. Hot Dogs, like from Costco. I bought the President`s Choice ones.

Anyway, tonight im making Pork Chops in Mushroom soup with mashed potatoes, broccoli, and a salad. Dessert will be vanilla ice cream with crushed pineapple

Thread Information