User Tag List

Page 822 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 322 722 772 812 820 821 822 823 824 832 872 922 1322 1822 ... LastLast
Results 12,316 to 12,330 of 38251
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Making sausage and perogies tonight!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Tonight its a pot roast, mashed potatoes and Arctic Garden beans...yummy!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i'm not really sure tonight... possibly some chicken nuggets, rice and corn. easy and i know i won't get the 'ew yuck whats THAT' *eyeroll* for myself i think some sauteed zuchini, mushrooms and onions and use up the rest of my asparagus over rice with a little teryaki sauce mixed in.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Last night I made twice stuffed potato's, veal in a coating made from potato flakes, then fried and topped with sauce and cheese, and a fresh greek salad.

So far tonights dinner will be anyones guess. I'll check back later and see what others are making and see if anything strikes me
    I have to ask-- what are twice stuffed potatoes? Never heard of these before! Please enlighten.

Tonight we are having pork tenderloin, baked potatoes, carrots and boiled cabbage. OMG. I love cabbage.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    I have to ask-- what are twice stuffed potatoes? Never heard of these before! Please enlighten.
    Tonight we are having pork tenderloin, baked potatoes, carrots and boiled cabbage. OMG. I love cabbage.
    I have made them too ninna

I wonder what recipe holly uses, here is one off the Google

Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe

• Cook time: 1 hour, 45 minutes

Add to shopping list
    Ingredients

• 4 large russet potatoes, about a pound each
    • Olive oil
    • 1/2 cup sour cream
    • 1/2 cup milk
    • 2 Tbsp butter, softened
    • 1 Tbsp cream

Cheddar and bacon version

• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
    • 4 strips bacon
    • 1/4 cup chopped green onion

Blue cheese and chives version

• 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
    • 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Method

1 Bake the potatoes. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Scrub the potatoes clean under running water. Poke each potato in several places with the tines of a fork so that when the potatoes are cooking they don't explode. Rub the potatoes all over with a little olive oil. Place directly on the middle or top rack of the oven. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through. They should give a little when pressed.
    If short on time you can bake the potatoes in the microwave, 10 minutes on high heat for 2 potatoes, 15 minutes for 4 potatoes. The skins of microwave baked potatoes aren't nearly as crispy, so you may want to rub a little olive oil on them and finish them in a conventional oven at 400°F for 10 minutes.
    2 If you are including bacon as one of your mix-ins, while the potatoes are cooking, cook the bacon strips in a frying pan on medium low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Let cool. Crumble.

3 Allow the potatoes to cool to touch. Slice the top third lengthwise off the potato. Use a spoon to scoop out the insides, forming a potato "canoe", leaving about 1/4 inch of potato on the skin.
    Alternatively you can slice the potatoes in half, lengthwise. In this case you may want to bake an extra potato so that you will have more potato filling to mound into the potato boats.

4 Place the scooped out potato insides, sour cream, milk, cream, and butter into a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher. If you want a creamy texture, beat with an electric beater until desired consistency. Note, do not over-beat potatoes, they can turn glue-y.

5 Mix in the extras with the potatoes. Reserve some of the extras to sprinkle on the tops of the potatoes. Spoon fillings into the potato shells. Sprinkle with extra toppings.
    6 Heat oven to 350°F. Place potatoes on a roasting pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes until heated through.

Yield: Serves 4 to 6.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm adding those potatoes to my to make list. Tonight we are having cheesy broccoli and chicken skillet

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Tonight is venison stew with dumplings.
    OMG, VENISON!!!!!! Can I come over, like, now?!?!?
    hollyquaiscer, ninna and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Highliner breaded fish ( not sure what kind but I know I used a coupon and a sale to but it ), homaemade tarter sauce and tater tots . No salad since Harley ate it all

Lazy dinner but I am using up the stuff burried in the freezer!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Tonight is breakfast for supper, with pancakes instead of the french toast I had planned.... I couldn't justify waiting 20+ minutes in line at the grocery store to buy one loaf of bread (apparently every federal employee in the National Capital Region went to food basics at lunchtime today and stood in the express checkout line. ). I will do some sweet potato baked homefries to go on the side, seasoned with a dash each of cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper (for some reason, this combo really works!).

Last night we went out with DH's parents for his Mom's birthday, so it was Chinese food.

Saturday was a very fabulous supper as DH barbecued some elk steaks along with some zucchini and a baked potato to celebrate the warm weather, and the fact that buying stuff off of kijiji took me to a house adjacent to the area's elk farm. Talk about a delicious coincidence!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Elk glowworm? and thriftygranny's venison?? I am way out of my area of knowledge when it comes to those meats. Hope it was all delicious!!

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    OMG, VENISON!!!!!! Can I come over, like, now?!?!?
    Oh I wish you were closer I would have you over in a heart beat!!. I made the stew with the last of last years deer but my son and husband came home today from a 5 day hunting trip with a moose and a deer so the freezer will be full.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Elk glowworm? and thriftygranny's venison?? I am way out of my area of knowledge when it comes to those meats. Hope it was all delicious!!
    Elk is amazing, great flavor and very tender, do they sell buffalo out east? It is very popular here and very lean and low cal. I cook a lot of game, I appreciate that it is not full of steroids and hormones, but I still love beef we just don't eat as much of it.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Tonight was homemade pizza
    oh and a vegan cupcake that was leftover from my sisters b-day...I gave her all but two since they wouldn't fit so they became mine :p

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I threw a pork roast something or other in the crockpot with pots, carrots, onions, and rutabagas.....oh and a little white wine and a bunch of herbs!
    Don't actually know what the meat is, just know its the cut on sale at super c this week and thought it was cheap enough to give it a go in the crock. Apparently its a keeper...and i need to go back to super c and get some more,lol

For myself, well i just did a jacket potato ..just couldnt be bothered to cook today!
    Natalka, harbie, cabmonk and 3 others like this.
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thanks for the clarification about the "twice stuffed potatoes," walkonby!

Turns out I have had them before and they are sinfully delicious, and like anything sinfully delicious, they are also bad for my figure. LOL. Darnit! Why is all the really tasty stuff not good for ya? DH has made them...'cept he calls them "potato skins" rather than twice stuffed potatoes.
    kazm-l and walkonby like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Thread Information