User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Took my little boys today to get both vaccines...we waited for 2 hours in line at the local hospital. The only problem so far is a really sore arm that I can barely lift. The boys seem fine too. In Alberta, the vaccine is available for everyone right now...if you can get into a clinic!
    http://superpoints.com/refer/hockeymomma
    Click here to join me at Superpoints and get free Amazon GCs!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Tried twice to get in line,way too long.
    I believe the problem here is everyone and their dog is getting it now, rather than those who were told to get it.
    I can't sit nor stand very long, so I'll probably pass.
    I had it done yesterday at my Doctor's office,they had a limited supply and only vaccinated those most at risk.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I received my shot on Friday. They actually took us out of line early because of my sister (she has MS) and she was starting to struggle from the cold and wind. We only waited about an hour in total which compared to most is fantastic.

No Side effects really, other then my arm was sore for a day, but that always happens to me, even if I just have a blood test.

I am happy I went on Friday, since now there is fear of a shortage of the vaccine, so I am sure the line ups will get even longer.

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

a family member(who is pregnant) was recommended by her doctor to get the h1n1 shot so she went with her 3 year old boy and he got it too. the next day he had serious convulsions and was rushed in ambulance to the hospital a couple hours ago. hes going to be ok but thats scary
    Last edited by cheapskate101; Sun, Nov 1st, 2009 at 09:39 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapskate101 View Post
    a family member(who is pregnant) was recommended by her doctor to get the h1n1 shot so she went with her 3 year old boy and he got it too. the next day he had serious convulsions and was rushed in ambulance to the hospital a couple hours ago. hes going to be ok but thats scary
    So sorry to hear of the experience, but am quite glad he is O.K.

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I got my H1N1 last Thursday and my arm was EXTREMEly sore for unitl Sunday. Thankfully my work doesn't require heavy lifting. I am lucky to work in a hospital so we didn't have to wait for our shots and got them directly are work. My city, Thunder Bay, was highlighted on the news last night as one of the few Canadian cities to have enough vaccine for all our residents who want it. Even with that they still had to restrict visitors to our Health Science Centre.
    Last edited by Psychojo213; Tue, Nov 3rd, 2009 at 09:36 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

have the kids booked with the family dr tomorrow, hubby and i qualify, but don't know if we will get it.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i got mine yesterday. my arm's a little sore but i had iced it last night and that reduced the swelling a lot. a couple of advil and it's all good

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

I got both the H1N1 and regular flu shot yesterday. Didn't feel a thing....no side effects...except about 4-6 hours later my arm on the side I got the H1N1 shot felt bruised...no biggie...gone by morning.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I got mine at Sick Kids yesterday. I volunteer there and they were doing a vaccine clinic. I missed it by 5 minutes but was told I could get the shot if I participated in a research study on pain. I didn't wait at all, ended up getting an Emla (numbing) patch before the shot, chocolate and a Tim Horton's gift card. All I had to do is answer a few questions.

I wasn't going to get it, but I volunteer in the CCU with babies with compramised immune systems, heart problems, etc. and would hate to get it and pass it on to them.
    Last edited by Dinglehopper; Wed, Nov 4th, 2009 at 01:42 PM.
    I'm always open to trading for pet product coupons (especially free products and high value coupons) - I donate these items to shelters and rescue groups.
    My motivation - My Dog. Read his story here: www.freewebs.com/michelle_and_dinglehopper

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

a friend of mine got it last week (because he works at Scarborough General) and he was pretty sick over the weekend. :S

..I still don't see myself getting it
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I got poked three times today. Did regular bloodwork (stuff I do every 3 months) this morning and then got both the H1N1 and regular flu shot this afternoon. I'm used to getting needles and I feel no side effects, so far.

It was pretty quick. My doctor's office was quite busy and I waited about 20 minutes and then the nurse had me in, two shots done, and out in about 2 minutes!

So far, so good.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

anyone need a shot?

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

DH and I are getting the h1n1 and possibly regular flu shot today
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

mmm... my arms are a bit sore, but not too bad. not gonna stop me from shampooing the carpet today

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information