User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nope...got no intention on getting it for my family here. :]

Even if I liked the feedback; it got eggs...big allergy for me!

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

Got it yesterday and so did my DD (9), my DH, and my mom (76)....absolutely no problem....our arms were sore (stiff) last night for all of us but less so today. I would recommend a few tylenol before bed because if you roll on the arm while sleeping, you will know it!

One of DD's friends got it and her arm was splotchy looking and warm for a couple of days. Her mom called the nurses line and was told that is a common reaction and no cause for concern unless it drags on or gets worse. I should qualify that she was sick when she got the shot....may be a contributing factor.
    Last edited by freebiehunter; Sat, Nov 21st, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
    "Far over the misty mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old,
    We must away ere break of day, to seek the pale enchanted gold."

putt
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yep.
    originally had no intention but was informed all family members that plan on being around my daughter-in-law's baby will have to have it. so ordered by doctor...not daughter-in-law.
    my son and i had the shot last monday - no problems. sore when punched in arm? sure. try not to sleep on that arm for a few days.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

pretty sure we all had h1n1 already so i don't think we need the shot

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

3 Days...no longer stiff arm but still sore to touch. Not painful, just tender.
    "Far over the misty mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old,
    We must away ere break of day, to seek the pale enchanted gold."

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (50%)

i think we are going to day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by NancyM View Post
    pretty sure we all had h1n1 already so i don't think we need the shot
    Don't worry,H1N1 has been around since way before I was born..it's just being called a "pandemic" now?
    I'm sure I been around people with it,& i'm not ill..those people wearing masks who have it,highly doubt that'll C0MPLETELY conceal& If you can believe the hype...i'm in a "high risk" catagory;but what i've read,it's no more contagious than the other "influenzas".
    I've heard great things regarding vitamin D3 to boost the immune system .

It's too bad they also don't give out (not required to) give out a list of ingredients...the ingredients that were stated shouldn't be in the body though; let alone being injected in.

You have to be really choosey when it comes to things regarding your own health I guess.That's why I support peoples choice; if they like what they read (not just what they were told) go ahead :] If you don't [like me] avoid it at all costs& hope the gov't isn't getting a share of your $$$ for handing out the shots come time to pay taxes.
    Don't know why people are just thinking the "side effects" are soreness/fever/mild things like that...? how come? Sure one of the test subjects had more severe symptoms than that...but since it didn't happen to them all,it should be "marketed" as "safe?"
    & If anything was worth the effort; wouldn't it have no side effects at all?
    Last edited by Melissa_<3; Mon, Nov 23rd, 2009 at 11:55 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

[quote=Melissa_<3;1500890 If anything was worth the effort; wouldn't it have no side effects at all?[/quote]

From my own experience, unfortunately all drugs have side affects.

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Your right Skippy...it's all about risks and benefits. For a drug to even start a clinical trial the benefits have to out weigh the risks. In reality it's all realtive....for one person the risk might be too high, but for another the benefit trumps the possible risks.
    Last edited by Psychojo213; Tue, Nov 24th, 2009 at 08:21 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

this h1n1 vacine is made of certain animals protiens so i m not sure how vegans would welcome it.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I went to have a coupon for Mom and the man at the entrance told me that even though it was not my time yet i could have it right away...only 5-10 mon waiting
    so DH and I got it yesterday and MOm will have hers on Tuesday...she didn't want it before 'cauz she had tests to be done....Dad was supposed to have his last week, i went to sign a paper to allow them to give him the vaccine....

they will vaccine everyone who want it from Tuesday....
    Last edited by Mia001; Sun, Nov 29th, 2009 at 04:25 PM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.google.com/search?q=h1n1+...N302IN302&aq=t

it contains much of side affects information

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I got the H1N1 shot a few weeks ago..and again today *thanks to my incompetent doctor and his staff*
    I also got the seasonal flu shot with it today. I usually don't react to needles , except the grimacing during the poke, but this time both my arms are swollen and in pain from shoulder down to the elbows. I can hardly do anything without feeling the stinging sensation. Eating dinner was a nightmare.
    Still, I have no regrets and am happy that I got the shot! I thank the inventor of painkillers!
    Last edited by trucks12trucks; Tue, Dec 1st, 2009 at 04:15 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

DH and I got ours a few days ago, the vaccine is open to everyone now in Montreal. We didn't have to wait at all (only the 15 min at the end in case of reactions), and just had really sore arms in the end.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13516797...ne-Ingredients <-- Some + possible things to consider.Thats only the ingredients they list,of course.Can't imagine what else is in there...
    BTW; theres a 20% chance of catching the H1N1 virus if you are around someone who had the shot; whether you had it or not.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information