User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just wondering how your experience was,any side affects?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I get put off every time i see pictures on the news - boy, those nurses look like they are playing darts. Scarry!

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Not yet, but probably soon. My guess is that there's more risk for me to not get it than to get it. I don't know why but I've had 6 very bad colds this year that take 2-4 weeks for me to get over and twice they progressed to pneumonia. I'm vulnerable.

May have to cut back shopping.

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    Not yet, but probably soon. My guess is that there's more risk for me to not get it than to get it. I don't know why but I've had 6 very bad colds this year that take 2-4 weeks for me to get over and twice they progressed to pneumonia. I'm vulnerable.

Good luck!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Have you had the pneumonia shot? It's supposed to be effective for 6 yrs (I'm due next yr).

I'm putting it off for the moment, since I tend to get reactions when I get flu shots.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Have you had the pneumonia shot? It's supposed to be effective for 6 yrs (I'm due next yr).

I'm putting it off for the moment, since I tend to get reactions when I get flu shots.
    Good question. I believe I have, my doctor is pretty good about keeping on top of these things. It's quite the juggling act, isn't it? More risk or less risk with this, or that... in the meantime, wash your hands wash your hands wash your hands!
    Last edited by mcminsen; Mon, Oct 26th, 2009 at 07:04 PM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good question. I believe I have, my doctor is pretty good about keeping on top of these things. It's quite the juggling act, isn't it? More risk or less risk with this, or that... in the meantime, wash your hands wash your hands wash your hands!
    Long before hand sanitizers were in vogue, I used to carry a small bottle in my purse everywhere I went. I now have 1 tiny bottle in my pocket, 1 in my purse, 1 in my parents' car, & most of my friends carry them too. When we go out for dinner, it's funny to see us all whip out our bottles & put them on the table.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I got mine today...I sucked it up and went because my age group is supposedly getting it worse and I work in a pharmacy plus I usually get pneumonia often...so figured the odds were against me on this one and sucked it up and went LOL
    my mom is wondering if she should get it too since she has cancer and will have to visit the hospital often this winter??

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I got mine today...I sucked it up and went because my age group is supposedly getting it worse and I work in a pharmacy plus I usually get pneumonia often...so figured the odds were against me on this one and sucked it up and went LOL
    my mom is wondering if she should get it too since she has cancer and will have to visit the hospital often this winter??
    Probably your Mom should as she is already compromised, However she should check with a Doctor first.
    I'm getting it because I too am compromised, and I visit the Doctor monthly. Last time I visited I think I caught someones germs to boot.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

we cant even get in to see our stupid doc till middle of november and they arent holding anymore clinics for the h1n1 shot here after wednesday unless they get more vaccine in later...so she has to get it wed if she wants it...doesnt help up much but the pharmacist that I work with said ya she should get it because she will be in the hospitals frequently and her health is already comprimised...plus it had a place to check off cancer as one of the reasons you were getting the shot since apparently here its only being offered to health care workers/providers and anyone with comprimised immune systems...unless they get more vaccine later on or have any left over

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have decided that I will be getting it. With a father who has cancer, and being around at risk people almost daily, I think it will be a good pre-caution. I just hope that I can get in to a clinic. As I am technically not a healthcare worker. I volunteer at a hospice, and I do visitations in nursing homes and the hospital, plus I run youth groups. I'm not sure if that would qualify, I think it should. I also want my husband to get it as well, because he could contract it through me, as I meet with so many people within a day..
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I got mine, so did my 7 month old, my parents, my mother-in-law, my hubby will be getting it (works during clinic times this week), everyone in our families will be getting it. I have a relative with a compromised immune system and there is no way any of us want to see her become ill again.

I hope that everyone gets the shot to help eradicate this deadly illness, too many are dying from it. The potential side effects of the vaccine are actually mild - redness, swelling, stiffness, localized pain, etc; these are the same side effects as most immunizations. Please educate yourself about the vaccine and go out for the shot - it may be worth your life (or maybe someone close to you).
    Start earning SwagBucks here: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DanesMom

It's easy, it's fun, and it's free!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Tried twice to get in line,way too long.
    I believe the problem here is everyone and their dog is getting it now, rather than those who were told to get it.
    I can't sit nor stand very long, so I'll probably pass.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

well I got my shot monday and the only thing I got from it was a sore arm that I couldnt sleep on for the first night LOL but I cant get the damn bandaid off that they put on!!! It must be stuck with super glue haha its survived three showers and me sleeping already and trying to peel it off to no avail...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

aw skippy that sucks! come here...I was in as soon as I filled out the papers people around here arent taking it seriously so only the health care people are actually getting the shot...they even opened up more clinics because they have left over vaccine to give to the general public but I dont think people are really going or seeing this as a threat even though I know a bunch of people around here have it and the highschool has a 28% absent rate right now...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information