User Tag List

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thanks Sara (still waiting for your pics., lucky you !! you have a nice neighbour and Aunt, I have to keep at it single handedly ), Madchives, Natalka ....this is the only way I can share nature's beauty with you all , if only a way could be discovered to send the heavenly aroma across, until such time I guess you'll have to take my word for it and maybe take time to "smell the roses" blooming somewhere close to you
    http://www.clixsense.com/?4532002
    CLIXSENSE : made $850 in just one year

swagbucks.com/refer/donnaGontario
    SWAGBUCKS : earned $1450 so far

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by madchives View Post
    i AM NOT donating beer to my lawn,
    LOL, thats what the guys said here hahaha, the lawn sure looks nice. Thanks Patty for mentioning this last year.

Again beautiful pics everyone : )

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have no lawn left in front , its totally taken over by clovers , probably the best option is to rip it out next year and lay new sod , unless any of you know of a miracle cure......
    http://www.clixsense.com/?4532002
    CLIXSENSE : made $850 in just one year

swagbucks.com/refer/donnaGontario
    SWAGBUCKS : earned $1450 so far

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by donnaG View Post
    I have no lawn left in front , its totally taken over by clovers , probably the best option is to rip it out next year and lay new sod , unless any of you know of a miracle cure......

Yes Scott's Weed-Be-Gone. It starts to work within 24 hours and the weeds turn black and disappear.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I am so disappointed : ( my flower bed has been confirmed as a weed bed grrrrrr, I planted so many seeds and was not sure what was actually a weed or flower and it looks like the only seeds that came up are batchelor buttons and poppies. I spent half a day pulling weeds yesterday and still not done. I thought for sure those wild flower seed pkgs would produce something darn. This is my last attempt to grow from seed in that flower bed. Grrrrrr, that really was heartbreaking.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have a question.
    The swiss chard in my garden has decided to go to seed instead of growing into regular healthy plants. The swiss chard is from my own plants that went to seed at the end of the growing season last year. Some of these plants are currently less than six inches tall and have not grown in the "regular" shape that swiss chard grows in. They seem to have been preparring to go to seed from almost as soon as they got out of the ground. They grow into tall kind of towering pllants and have leaves the shape of spades. This also happened to me last year. I have successfully grown nice swiss chard in the past and was wondering if anyone had a theory or explanation as to why this is happening? I really like swiss chard and am almost continplating planting new (very late) swiss chard from a fresh package I purchased this spring.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jul 3rd, 2010 at 08:30 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I have a question.
    The swiss chard in my garden has decided to go to seed instead of growing into regular healthy plants. The swiss chard is from my own plants that went to seed at the end of the growing season last year. Some of these plants are currently less than six inches tall and have not grown in the "regular" shape that swiss chard grows in. They seem to have been preparring to go to seed from almost as soon as they got out of the ground. They grow into tall kind of towering pllants and have leaves the shape of spades. This also happened to me last year. I have successfully grown nice swiss chard in the past and was wondering if anyone had a theory or explanation as to why this is happening? I really like swiss chard and am almost continplating planting new (very late) swiss chard from a fresh package I purchased this spring.
    might be the weather? my cilantro all went to seed quite early, and it was the extra hot and humid weather that made it do so.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    might be the weather? my cilantro all went to seed quite early, and it was the extra hot and humid weather that made it do so.
    I don't know. The weather was pretty wacky last year too(the first time I had this happen). This year it has been really wet and only periodic heat, like this last week or so, where I live.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Angela I was looking at mine yesterday and I am noticing the same it must be the weather. Mine is all from purchased seeds because I have not had a real garden in years. I bought mostly heritage seeds because I was hoping to save seeds for next years garden. Its not to late to replant some things I am going to plant a few more things because they did not enjoy the wet cold spring we had so some things died off. I am having a problem with ants the buggers have destroyed some cabbage plants I put out ant traps but they don't seem to be working. Anyone know what is safe to put into vegie gardens to deter ants??

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by donnaG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Yes Scott's Weed-Be-Gone. It starts to work within 24 hours and the weeds turn black and disappear.
    the clover was overtaking our backyard as well and we used weed n feed and it is almost gone....may need a second treatment but I am inpressed how the grass grew in so fast!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    My cilantro did the same and was looking so horrible I ripped it out ans stuck inanother tomato!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

O.k. so things are growing pretty well here in sprite of having a crappy last 3 weeks. We are now going into a heat wave so I think with the proper watering things will go crazy.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

OMG Patty your beds are beautiful, I have never seen hostas so big.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My spinach went to seed really early this year due to the heat. I just yanked it out and put in another tomato. Tidytaurus I think your problem might be the cabbage butterfly caterpillers. If you have little white or pale yellow butterflies over your patch that might be your culpret.They lay their eggs and the little blighters happily munch on your brassicas. I use soapy water(dishsoap) and pour it over my cabbages and the little green worms just fall off. you can also net them with an old sheer curtain or mosquito netting. hope this helps.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Patty - absolutely beautiful! Neat idea to have the hooks with the hanging baskets amidst the greenery!
    What's the beautiful purple stuff in the first pic, and the white balls - is that a snowball bush?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks Natalka, the white snowballs are Annabelle Hydrangeas, lots of show for your money and the purple vine is my clematis which is on the other side of the fence and grows right over.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information