User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What do I do?

Yesterday I was babysitting my nephew and I had some M&M's out for him, and he ate maybe 3, then I got my huge scentsy order delivered so I had to do inventory (80+ items) , and I let him be for not even 10 minutes, and all the M&M's were gone. About 20 were on the table, and every time I looked back at him he wasn't chewing or anything (no drool marks, either).

You may not want to read the next part if your easily grossed out

This morning while I was asleep, my Mom got up, and she said Sparky had the loudest fart ever, then pooped himself. It was like water. Then she said he had trouble sitting down, like it hurt him. So I got up to give him a bath, and he's just being, blah. So I gave him an Asprin like his vet had said to do, because he has knee problems (should work for this, too? :shrug)

Is there anything else I can do to make him comfy? He didn't even want me to dry his bum area after his bath, he ran away. Now our floor is all wet
    This thread is currently associated with: M&M Meats, Mark's
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Perhaps calling the vet would be good?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

His vet isn't in today,
    I don't think it was a lethal amount, but I can imagine his upset tummy.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

aww poor sparky!! My dog ate a chocolate egg yesterday. The bigger ones like kinder. (off the kitchen table.. grrrr.. bad dog..lol) I only knew she did it because she left a trail of drool and the egg was missing. This morning, she threw up in my bed. AWESOME (I think it was from a ham bone she devoured yesterday and not so much the chocolate egg)
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Oh, dear. Sounds like he has an upset tummy.

Make sure he drinks lots (put a bit of broth or the "juice' from a can of tuna in a big bowl of water to encourage him to drink). If there is no medical condition that requires him to eat his regular food (diabetic, etc), just give him some plain boiled rice, a little bit every couple of hours (rice is full of liquid & easy on their system). If he's feeling better tomorrow, add some lean meat to the rice. If he's ok by tomorrow night, he can go back to normal rations the day after.

Hope the poor baby feels better.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

how much chocolate did your dog eat? This happened to my colleague not long ago and it took about 3 days but her dog ended up being fine.

Andit gave some excellent advice, but if you are concerned, perhaps you can look for an emergency clinic??
    My Trade List Saved $1993 in 2010..trying to beat that in 2011

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It shouldn't really hurt him too much as m and m's arent pure cocoa. I ran my weiner dog in last easter because he ate about 20 easter eggs or so and he was fine and there wasn't anything they could do. They said the amount of chocolate in these things is pretty low, unless its lindt or a superior brand.

Hopefully she feels better tomorrow.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The asprin kicked in and he's all drowsy (so cute!) he acts almost as if he's drunk when he takes his asprin, even though it's the dose the vet told us to give him (1 full baby asprin) it's still strong for him. So he's going to clonk out and sleep, soon.

I made him some rice, thanks Andit, I never even thought of that.

Thanks everyone !

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I remember when I was younger and my Grandads dog ate a whole 80% cocoa chocolate bar and was VERY sick, the dog was having seizures. They had to pour charchole down the dogs throat to make him throw up LOL

So Sparky should be okay, just give him a day or two.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Did you know that grapes are apparently more dangerous?

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Onion are also very bad for dogs. A whole one could be lethal. But then again, what dog would munch on an onion?... lol
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Any amount of chocolate can be lethal to a dog, depends on the dog. The theobromine is what is poisonous and like Miss April said, darker chocolate is worse.

Keep and eye on him, watch for frequent trips to the bathroom, any palpitations or twitching / seizures. Give him lots to drink to hopefully flush things out by moving it through his kidneys. If you think it may happen again, I'd keep some syrup of ipecac or activated charcoal on hand, just in case.

Yup, onions and grapes are bad for dogs, as are tomato plants / greenery.

Hope he's ok.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Did you know that grapes are apparently more dangerous?
    Did you also know grapes can catch on fire and explode in the microwave and ruin it. Since we are throwing out random facts today I thought I would contribute.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My bosses dogs just went through a bout of diarrea....make rice with veggies (carrots) you can drizzle a little broth on it, then gradually start adding some ground beef (cooked) to it, then start mixing it with his regular food. He may be eating small amounts, but more frequently. You can also use chicken instead of ground beef.

When my parents dog would get sick, my mom would poach a chicken breast, and use the liquid to drizzle over the rice. She was very frugal with chicken though often making a breast last 2 or 3 days (just little itty bitty bits).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by orv View Post
    Onion are also very bad for dogs. A whole one could be lethal. But then again, what dog would munch on an onion?... lol
    My Mum and Dad's dogs would eat onions like a pickled onion and a piece from a slice that was in a hamburger if the onions fell on the floor.You could never get the food fast enough that fell on the floor before they ate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information