User Tag List

Page 64 of 226 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

That vegan challah became eggless french toast a couple days later. Served with fresh berries and maple syrup!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post

That vegan challah became eggless french toast a couple days later. Served with fresh berries and maple syrup!
    Your plates are hypnotizing! Have you considered a career in baking?
    Last edited by muggos0101; Sun, Aug 12th, 2012 at 04:23 AM.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by muggos0101 View Post
    Your plates are hypnotizing! Have you considered a career in baking?
    Thanks, Muggos!

I have people telling me that constantly..baking or culinary (culinary arts), make up or photography.
    Just not sure which one I want to commit to...lol I've worked in a bakery and restaurant as a cook before - but would love to have a career in photography.
    Watching the Olymics makes me want to do sports photography! There are nearly no female photographers.
    I love baking/cooking, as a career not so sure. So, I've considered it all..just not sure what I want to do! ughhhh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Your fork should have a smile!

Name:  butterfly.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  18.8 KB
    janetta and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

One of my sisters brought me some saskatoon berries, so I had to find something special to make with them.
    My son wanted tarts, but I didn't want plain ones, so I remembered this recipe I had seen on The Chew. It's for one large tart, but instead I made 15 individual ones. I used bought tart shells (gasp!).

They are incredibly delish! I took the pic of one cut so you could see the middle.
    The recipe seems long (don't know why they wrote it up that way), but it is really easy to make and not fussy.

Changes I made to recipe - I just mixed up the streusel and used it on top, didn't do the method the recipe says. I didn't add the coconut to the streusel, but instead I crushed up some almond slices. Also, I didn't have a lemon, so I used dried orange rind and bottled lemon juice.

Name:  saskatoontarts.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  82.4 KB

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-che...t-Gina-DePalma

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Today I made 90 chocolate chip zuchinni muffins, zuchinni came fresh from my Dad's garden, they were so good. Wish I could share with all of you!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I have been experimenting with new recipes to use up my almond pulp as I feel like I've been in a rut with my regular almond cookies and almond-berry torte.

The last batch were almond-raisin, using a reduced-sugar sugar cookie base dough made with whole wheat flour. I added some cinnamon and a whole lot of raisins. They disappeared quickly and now have me wondering what else I can do in the cookie department. It's a little tricky as I try to avoid drying my almond pulp and am always trying to use it while it's still wet. I want to try something new for this week as my sister's coming to visit (in Canada for 12 days only! ) and she just hates raisins! It also gets complicated as DH doesn't like coconut at all and I don't do chocolate (and I hate the taste, so subbing carob is out of the question). Maybe I'll make some jam thumbprint cookies this week as they sound super good right now and I almost never make those

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

Thanks, Muggos!

I have people telling me that constantly..baking or culinary (culinary arts), make up or photography.
    Just not sure which one I want to commit to...lol I've worked in a bakery and restaurant as a cook before - but would love to have a career in photography.
    Watching the Olymics makes me want to do sports photography! There are nearly no female photographers.
    I love baking/cooking, as a career not so sure. So, I've considered it all..just not sure what I want to do! ughhhh
    You answered your own uncertainty .... but would love to have a career in photography.
    Watching the Olymics makes me want to do sports photography! There are nearly no female photographers
    GO FOR IT! You are great at it & it's obviously a passion of yours! Those are the great makings of a successful business! Send your photos to magazines & get your name out there in any & all competitions you can find!

In the meantime, keep baking because I love to come back each week to see what's been on YOUR table
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

Attachment 131204 Try this method!
    I tried this method .... didn't make a difference turning the oven down, but it was much better when I filled the cupcake liner fuller than I had been! Also, using a home made cupcake recipe as opposed to a boxed cupcake recipe, baked up taller & much more tasty! 120 cupcakes made to order with success! Will post pics asap!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    I have been experimenting with new recipes to use up my almond pulp as I feel like I've been in a rut with my regular almond cookies and almond-berry torte.

The last batch were almond-raisin, using a reduced-sugar sugar cookie base dough made with whole wheat flour. I added some cinnamon and a whole lot of raisins. They disappeared quickly and now have me wondering what else I can do in the cookie department. It's a little tricky as I try to avoid drying my almond pulp and am always trying to use it while it's still wet. I want to try something new for this week as my sister's coming to visit (in Canada for 12 days only! ) and she just hates raisins! It also gets complicated as DH doesn't like coconut at all and I don't do chocolate (and I hate the taste, so subbing carob is out of the question). Maybe I'll make some jam thumbprint cookies this week as they sound super good right now and I almost never make those
    Thumbprint cookies...YUM!
    P.S. There are other "add in" ingredients that you can..well, add in that's not raisins, chocolate/carob or coconut!
    Peanut butter chips, cinnamon chips, white chocolate, other dried fruits, other nuts, marshmallows, candy like Smarties, M&Ms &c., other chopped up candy bars...
    I love that you're using almond pulp. Do you make your own almond milk?

Better yet, dry the pulp, make it into almond flour and make french macarons!!!!! Or you can send it to me so I can make them :D
    hollyquaiscer and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Banana bread - yeah, boring, I know - but it's yummers and great for breakfast when I can't eat anything else!

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

Been working tooooo much! Need time to bake! Think it will be cookies next though...the jar is empty!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Banana bread (yummy!) Thanks Nat for posting the recipe in the other thread!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Made a strawberry pie; wanted to make a strawberry-rhubarb pie since it's my fave but I couldn't find rhubarb.. First pie I've ever made, definitely not the best presentation wise but (I think) it tastes delicious.
    Natalka, harbie, janetta and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yorkshire puddings! I made them for the first time to serve with the roast beef I made for dinner.
    SO good!! This was the recipe I used. I could have eaten all 20 of them.

Page 64 of 226 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast

Thread Information