User Tag List

Page 149 of 226 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today we baked 2 dozen molasses oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and another dozen with dried cranberries. I already wrapped and frozen 1 dozen because we ate nearly all of the treats that were in the freezer.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Silk and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I made a yellow cake with sour cherries in it, as mini loaves.
    This was fantastic and oh so easy, but my S&F sour cherries contributed 5 pits to the recipe. Next time I will prod the cherries with a fork first.
    Crochetlady, Angela273 and Rena13 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Hot cross buns. First recipe I ever tried. No need to look for another one and never have to buy another store-made hot cross bun again.
    Can you share the recipe?
    Crochetlady and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rena13 View Post
    Can you share the recipe?
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/7073/ho...arch%20results

Crochetlady and Rena13 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I baked a 9x13" pan of those addictive oatmeal chocolate chip squares this morning.
    Crochetlady, Silk and Rena13 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I baked a lemon drop cake. Super easy. I used a french vanilla cake mix, which I doctored up by adding sour cream etc. And then dropped spoonfuls of lemon pie filling overtop, before baking. I swirled the pie filling around, then baked. The cake bakes up around the lemon pie filling so, as your eating, there's swirls of the lemon throughout. Easy, and yummy, if you're feeling somewhat lazy.
    Silk, Angela273 and SnowFlakey like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Here are a few of our favourite baking recipes.

Chocolate Revel Bars

1 cup butter, softened
    2 cups packed brown sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
    3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
    1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate pieces
    1 14-ounce can (1 ¼ cups) sweetened condensed milk or low-fat sweetened condensed milk
    ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
    2 teaspoons vanilla

1. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the butter. In a large mixing bowl beat the remaining butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in the rolled oats.
    2. For filling, in a medium saucepan combine the reserved 2 tablespoons butter, chocolate pieces, and sweetened condensed milk. Cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in the nuts and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
    3. Press two-thirds (about 3 ½ cups) of the rolled oats mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Spread filling evenly over the oats mixture. Dot remaining rolled oats mixture on filling.
    4. Bake in a 350F oven about 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned (chocolate filling will still look moist). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Revel Bars: Prepare as above, except substitute ½ cup peanut butter for the 2 tablespoons butter when making the filling and substitute peanuts for the walnuts or pecans.
    Whole Wheat-Chocolate Revel Bars: Prepare as above, except reduce the all-purpose flour to 1 ½ cups and add 1 cup whole wheat flour.
    SnowFlakey and Rena13 like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Cheesecake Supreme

1 ½ cups finely crushed graham crackers
    ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
    1 tablespoon sugar
    ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
    ½ cup butter, melted
    3 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
    1 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    ¼ cup milk
    3 slightly beaten eggs
    ½ teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (optional)

1. For crust, in a bowl combine graham crackers, walnuts, the 1 tablespoon sugar, and, if desired, cinnamon. Stir in melted butter. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of an 8 or 9 inch springform pan. Set aside
    2. For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 1 cup sugar, flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs and, if desired, lemon peel
    3. Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place pan in shallow baking pan. Bake in a 375F oven 40 to 45 minutes for an 8-inch pan, about 35 minutes for 9-inch pan, or until a 2 1/2 –inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken.
    4. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a sharp small knife, loosen the crust from sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hyours before serving.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Monster Cookie Bars
    Ingredients

• 1 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened (I routinely substitute this out with unsweetened apple sauce.)
    • 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
    • 3 large eggs
    • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    • 4 1/2 cups quick oats
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 cups mini m&m's
    • 1 cup mini chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
    2. In large bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter, and butter. With a hand-held blender, mix until pale in color and combined.
    3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Blend together.
    4. Add in the oats and baking soda. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix by hand until combined.
    5. Add in the m&m's and chocolate chips (reserve some for top of bars if wanted). Stir together well until combined.
    6. Dump onto your parchment lined cookie sheet and spread out. This will take several minutes, but it can be done. Sprinkle the reserved m&m's and chocolate chips on top (if wanted). Press down slightly into dough.
    7. Bake for 18-20 minutes. The edges will be lightly browned and the middle will still look pale and underdone, but it will finish baking as it cools. Let cool for at least an hour so the bars can firm up and come together. You do not want to over-bake these!
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This is the recipe that I baked last week.

Oatmeal Chip Squares

1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup butter
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 tsp cinnamon
    2 eggs
    1 ½ cup flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    3 cups rolled oats
    3/4 cup chocolate chips
    1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
    1 cup nuts ( I use pecans)

Cream together sugars with butter. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and eggs. Beat until smooth. In separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then stir in oats. Add sugar/butter mixture to dry ingredients and stir well. Stir in raisins/cranberries, chocolate chips, and nuts. Bake in greased 9x12” pan 10 minutes at 350 digress then 15 minutes at 325 degrees.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Apr 11th, 2016 at 06:51 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Fruit-Filled Oatmeal Bars

1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
    2/3 cup packed brown sugar
    ¼ teaspoon baking soda
    ½ cup butter
    1 recipe fruit filling

1. In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, and baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve ½ cup of the crumb mixture.
    2. Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of an ungreased 9x9x2-inch or 11x7x11/2-inch baking pan. Spread with desired filling. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake in a 350F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

Apricot Filling:
    In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup snipped dried apricots and ¾ cup water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine ¼ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour; stir into apricot mixture. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until thickened and bubbly.

Apple-Cranberry Filling:
    Combine 1 cup chunky applesauce, 2/3 cup dried cranberries or blueberries, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, and dash ground cloves.

Easy Filling:
    Use 1 ½ cups canned mincemeat or one 21-ounce can cherry or peach pie filling.

Raising Filling:
    In a medium saucepan combine ¼ cup water, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch. Add 1 ¼ cups golden raisins. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Oatmeal Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
    2 cups oatmeal
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 cup sugar
    ¾ cup shortening
    2 eggs, beaten
    5 tablespoons light molasses
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    Chocolate chips (to taste)
    ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
    ½ cup raisins (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
    2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
    3. In another large bowl, beat the sugar with the shortening until smooth and creamy; mix in beaten eggs, molasses, and vanilla. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips, walnuts, and raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
    4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until browned. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got this recipe in high school after I called to request recipes from Fry's cocoa.

Fudgey Brownies

1 1/3 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 cup butter
    1 cup cocoa
    2 cups sugar
    4 eggs
    1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
    1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

1. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in cocoa. Blend in eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients and nuts (optional). Pour batter into greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Bake in pre-heated 350F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Cool.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Anyone ever had the cinnamon cream cheese coffee cake from Costco? The snack bar at my library used to sell it and mmmm was it ever good.

So I found a recipe on pinterest or somewhere and made it myself a few days ago.....I have a love/hate relationship with baking (unless it's for Christmas, celebrations, etc). I love baking, but then there's the end result that I shouldn't be eating lol

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Saw a 1 hr recipe on Facebook for cinnamon rolls

Name:  Image1460948671.953075.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  55.1 KB

Page 149 of 226 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 ... LastLast

Thread Information