User Tag List

Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What do you think trades should be worth 2.0

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

IMO a High Value coupon is any coupons that will get you an item for free or close to free for example 80% + off.

For example $4 off Advil Cold and Sinus can be used to buy a 10 pack for $3.87 at Walmart making if free.

Or the $4 off any three bounty/puffs/mr.clean/charmin...This coupon can be used for a wide variety of high value deals, for example you buy 1-Charmin seat cover ($0.99) 1-6pack tavel size puffs kleenex ($1.99) and 1-Bounty Paper Towel (2.49) = $5.49- $4.00 so $1.49 for all three.Of course there are various combos you can do but IMO that makes them High Value.

So that's just my two cents
    Last edited by jemwars; Thu, Feb 9th, 2012 at 02:28 PM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

but then you have to look at the other coin I use the 3.00 wub 2 charmin, bounty, puffs ect for the 5.00 TP or Bounty on sale so in my books not HV ; )

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I also think amazon codes are not worth the FULL $5 because all it takes is time to search swagbucks to get so you're not OOP and $$ just time. It takes me a while to get enough points for a code so I understand it can take a bit of time but it's still zero $$ oop. I thin they shoule be worth 3/4 of their value but that's just me.

I also agree with KK7 on the $3WUB2 Charmin,etc....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    757 (100%)

[QUOTE=shmeelady;4408171]IMO I don't think that Similac Cheques should be considered high value. I see a high value coupon as something that can help you get an item for at least half off or nearly free. Example $3 aveeno call in can be used towards the hand cream that is $3.47, or the $2 OB call in can be used on OB when it is on sale for $1.99 - $2.99. What is so high value about a cheque that gets you $5 off of a $28 can of formula? In the past I have done insane trading for Cheques and I found some people to be completely unreasonable with their opinion on the value of it. $15 in regular coupons for a $5 cheque?! It's not ANY different then a regular $5 off similac coupon... Granted that it comes from the company and might be a bit harder to find but seriously?

totally agree!!!!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    Valid point.
    That's just my opinion, as personally I think trading has gotten out of hand. I simply don't understand how other people can value certain coupons the way they do.
    For example, the whole catelli coupon has been blown out the window. It is now a hard to find coupon which people are trading off at ridiculous rates because people WANT them. IMO they are hard to find because people made it hard to find by grabbing whole tearpads and making them unaccessible to anyone else that wants them.
    I agree with the comment about trades getting out of hand. Alot of people seem to think that their coupons are gold. If I have coupons that I am not going to be using I am happy to trade them with other people. I have traded HV coupons for regular coupons before (and I will do it again) it just has to be worth it for me in terms of postage (ie not wasting my stamps).

I have recently found that several people have tried to take advantage of my generous approach. I recently did a trade for a GTG code worth 36 points and traded $10.50 of pediasure coupons for it (fine by me - I wasnt using them). Then the person said she had 1 more code (also worth 36 pts), all I had from her wishlist was a $2 Nescafe Cuppuccino/Latte, which she turned me down on and decide not the trade the code. The 36 pt code is worth $0.43!!

(sorry just need to vent that!) If anyone is looking for a fair trade check out my trade/wishlist!
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

OMG I totally agree! I really hate it when people post their wishlist and then when you offer them something, they decline or feel that their coupons are worth more (are HV) and they refuse to trade. I know that everyone has the right to trade with whoever they want, but sometimes people really get out of hand! I love to trade and will many times go into my personal stash to trade for coupons that I really need or never even knew were out there to make it fair for the other person.

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    I agree with the comment about trades getting out of hand. Alot of people seem to think that their coupons are gold. If I have coupons that I am not going to be using I am happy to trade them with other people. I have traded HV coupons for regular coupons before (and I will do it again) it just has to be worth it for me in terms of postage (ie not wasting my stamps).

I have recently found that several people have tried to take advantage of my generous approach. I recently did a trade for a GTG code worth 36 points and traded $10.50 of pediasure coupons for it (fine by me - I wasnt using them). Then the person said she had 1 more code (also worth 36 pts), all I had from her wishlist was a $2 Nescafe Cuppuccino/Latte, which she turned me down on and decide not the trade the code. The 36 pt code is worth $0.43!!

(sorry just need to vent that!) If anyone is looking for a fair trade check out my trade/wishlist!
    Swagbucks is the best way to get free stuff for surfing the web.... please use my referral link
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AlyssaD11

Lets Trade Coupons Click here ---> Trade List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

So how does everyone feel about the value of FPC nearing their expiry? For example, the yogurt FPC? I still think there is enough time to use them and since they are FPC, it's really just a case of picking up a tub wherever so it can be done easily even on the last day, but I came on a case where the person wasn't even offering $ for $ in regular coupons for the FPC. For example, if I am going to give you 5 yogurt FPC, is it completely unreasonable to think of getting $25 in regular coupons?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    So how does everyone feel about the value of FPC nearing their expiry? For example, the yogurt FPC? I still think there is enough time to use them and since they are FPC, it's really just a case of picking up a tub wherever so it can be done easily even on the last day, but I came on a case where the person wasn't even offering $ for $ in regular coupons for the FPC. For example, if I am going to give you 5 yogurt FPC, is it completely unreasonable to think of getting $25 in regular coupons?

Show me someone that will accept normal coupons even if doubled/tripled on FPC trade.........they will only trade for another FPC of equal value or HV coupons.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    Show me someone that will accept normal coupons even if doubled/tripled on FPC trade.........they will only trade for another FPC of equal value or HV coupons.
    Last week when I had a tonne of Kashi cereal FPC's I was giving them away at a 2x trade value, I gave someone 20 kashi FPC's for 10 stouffers FPCs, then someone else 3 Kashi cereal FPC's for 15 Catelli, and so on.... and they dont expire till June 30th. I have no problem trading FPCs for regular coupons if its a coupon I really want. I do it all the time.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Last week when I had a tonne of Kashi cereal FPC's I was giving them away at a 2x trade value, I gave someone 20 kashi FPC's for 10 stouffers FPCs, then someone else 3 Kashi cereal FPC's for 15 Catelli, and so on.... and they dont expire till June 30th. I have no problem trading FPCs for regular coupons if its a coupon I really want. I do it all the time.

thats an exception( not many here would do that), but you got what you really want as well.

They where talking about even coupon value, would you done it??? For example trade a $5 chapmans for $5 worth coupons on something you want/need( butthere not hv coupons offered )?

There is so much misconception on what trades should be worth, many use the $5 rule per stamp + for there postage. others will post updated tl/wl and when you make a trade $ for $ then they say oh don't need( but yet posted updated wl and you are fullfilling it by offering ), but will take these 5 coupons and 3 stamps for a $10 total trade.....
    Last edited by theguyz; Thu, Feb 9th, 2012 at 08:31 PM.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

thats an exception( not many here would do that), but you got what you really want as well.

They where talking about even coupon value, would you done it??? For example trade a $5 chapmans for $5 worth coupons on something you want/need( butthere not hv coupons offered )?
    With the catelli I did.... realistically, its not a HV, its a tear pad. When its on sale sure you can get it cheap, but typically when its regular price, its just a regular coupon.

The Kashi cereal is about $5 a box, and I gave them 3 of those ( $15 worth ) for $11.25 worth of tear pads. I did the same again last year with the $5 ice cream coupons I had tonnes of, I gave them away like candy as well. But your right, Im not a typical person I guess lol.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Definitely, people prefer to trade FPC for another FPC, but as JennyFromTheRock mentioned, not everyone... I did trade FPC for regular coupons ( definitely not one to one value ), but sometimes a trader has lots of coupons of your interests, but his or her wish list is only FPC, HV, rare coupons. Do you have a choice, if you really need those coupons? I've been to trades for years and always offered double, or even triple value in regular coupons from my trade list for FPCs.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Thats nice of you two, will be watching your TL and WL's.

But whats this thread about is what trades should be worth....

If I really want something I will go over and beyond its value,

But almost every trade here is unique and you can't trade on similiar grounds amongst different people grounds.

Its almost like need a tier level program where this trader is tier 1, next trader at tier 3 type trading.

I had a nice trader yesterday, $20 worth, Offered them $ for $ and from there WL, they only wanted $3 of mine and no extra postage etc...

Had bad trade barter yesterday was $0.10 short on even trade, they wanted a stamp or extra $2 off me.....fighting over $0.10 and yet wants me to give them extra $1.90 then after giving argument not = trade.....I passed it. Then they PM me as they lost trade dealing with me as another person went somewhere else and trying to force me to trade.... yeah right... many know i respond fast to PM's here..blocked person now

And i am sure as i am just a newbie there horror stories you guys could share on pathetic offers/trades. When i started i think i offered someone 1 or 2 unused p stamp for a $5 chapmans,,,,,,, think they blocked me as never respond to my more reasonable trade offers on other items recently...
    Last edited by theguyz; Thu, Feb 9th, 2012 at 08:56 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I understand that we all want to get good value for our trades but when it comes to formula coupons surely folks should realize that people are using them to feed their babies!!! Fair trade is one thing but greed is another, especially when it comes to young families with little mouths to feed

I have no problem trading high value coupons for regular coupons. If I am not going to use a $5 HV coupon and I can trade for $5 in regular coupons that I will use, then I am a happy couponer.

I agree that the Catelli coupon is High Demand. It is only worth 75 cents and it is a shame that some are 'holding them hostage'. Now that the $1 Catelli sale is over these coupons will drop in perceived value
    Last edited by DianneS; Thu, Feb 9th, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
    equilibrium likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I understand that we all want to get good value for our trades but when it comes to formula coupons surely folks should realize that people are using them th feed their babies!!! Fair trade is one thing but greed is another, especially when it comes to young families with little mouths to feed

I have no problem trading high value coupons for regular coupons. If I am not going to use a $5 HV coupon and I can trade for $5 in regular coupons that I will use, then I am a happy couponer.

I agree that the Catelli coupon is High Demand. It is only worth 75 cents and it is a shame that some are 'holding them hostage'.

Amen, but what will happen when the $1 come in the mail, I bet these hoarders will to handing out like candies...

Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information