User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Not allowed to share flyers??

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah W View Post
    I did a small shop this morning at NF , I purchased a few things at the sale price, one item not on sale, and price matched three different items - I noticed that the lady behind my had the same item so I offered her my flyer to price match - the cashier literally snapped at me that "I wasn't allowed to do that!!" "Another person isn't allowed to use the same flyer" !!!!! I think I had a blank expressionless look on my face for about 10 minutes until I was on my way home. Geeezz.......if she caught me on a different day of the month, I probably wouldn't have been so amiable.

What's up with that anyway??
    the cashier clearly has been grossly misinformed. you can share whatever you want
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive just finished reading everyones threads and its so weird what ive read you all have gotten bad cashiers say something next time ask to speak to manager. I am a newbie in price matching aswell. you all have a great night.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard. Firstly, that flyer is from another company store. If they (the Flyer's store made that restriction, it still wouldn't make sense but at least it would be their call). But for WM or wherever you were to make that "rule", I think that cashier must've had her shorts on too tight that day. I am sorry that happened to you, especially when not expecting something like that and it comes from left field. It sure would've thrown me for a loop too.

If they say you can't use the SAME coupon (same piece of paper), that might make sense as a cpn is like money and you can't both buy the same product on the same "dime", so to speak, but a flyer, that's nuts. A flyer is an advertisement.

But I guess there are all kinds of people in this world, some intelligent, some a little kooky and some just downright mean.

I'm still shaking my head thinking about your situation. Crazy world we live in !!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Why am I thinking of Seinfeld here??? Instead of "Soup Nazi", now we have "Flyer Nazi"! NO PRICE MATCH FOR YOU! GET OUT!!!!

I know some stores keep your flyer after or cut out the item you are pm'ing (our Zellers does that) but not forbidding passing a flyer to someone else!

Heck one time I went to Zellers with their 50% coupon and a $1.50 coupon for K cups and took a friend with me. We both hit the same cash and I went first. When I found out the total came to $4.XX, I passed him my HBC rewards card and a $5 bill! When he cashed out, I told the cashier she could just put them in my bag and she was like "Sure no problem!". She could have put up a stink (and being Zellers, 99% shocked she didn't!) and said that he was buying them for me, you can't do that, he cannot use your HBC card...... and on and on and on.... she said nothing and we walked out with 4 boxes of k cups for less then $10!

Another time I happened to bump into my aunt and uncle at a SDM, we were both going to cash out at the same time, so I asked if they had an Optimum card, they said no they didn't... I cashed out in front of them, then handed my card to my uncle and the cashier swiped it and just handed it right back to me! I smiled and said "I love it when you run into relatives in here!". She just laughed and carried on! I did have one time where a guy ahead of me didn't have a card and I asked if I could let him use mine and was told no (I realize now it's because of refunds etc), but this time no problem and I knew they were not buying anything they would return anyways!

Anyhow, if that happens again, tell her to s*** up and do her job, then speak to a manager!!! I don't see what you did as being any different as you having a flyer and the lady behind you having the same flyer! It's a sale isn't it??? What is the difference in the cashiers life?????

Oh one more tidbit, I went to PM something once at WM, so I put the stuff on the belt then the flyer on top of them. The cashier picks up the flyer and says "Price matching?" I said "Yeppers!" She said "I got the same flyer in my locker, I am PM'ing after work!" *LOL* That said, I cannot wait for them to freaking finish the WM SC in Brantford so I can go there on a PM'ing binge every week!!!!!! It should be one store fits all then!
    Eva-M, chickypoodles and Sarah W like this.
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

"Flyer Nazi"! NO PRICE MATCH FOR YOU! GET OUT!!!!"

morning giggle lol
    Sarah W likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Chicky - I think I know where your baby coupons went - you will get them back - LOL - my binder is looking better ")
    chickypoodles likes this.
    Its not 'savings', it is spending less or spending nothing - if you put it in the bank and it stays there, it is savings

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have had a lady in front of me in No Frills share her Superstore flyer with me and it was not a problem. But when i tried to share a flyer with a customer behind me in line at Zellers i was told no that was not possible at all.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

lol, I had a Walmart cashier ask me for my NF flyer when I was done price matching with it - so that she could go get the deals later too! Of course, I shared and had a laugh!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I think stores rely on the fact that although they advertise that they price match....they know very few customers will actually 'get it together' enough to take advantage of it. They only want to price match for customers who are 'smart enough' to figure it out on their own and bring in their flyer. They don't want it passed down the line so that everyone is getting the rock bottom price. Kind of like using coupons....although they're available to anyone who pulls them off the tear pads, most people never actually present them at the till. Manufacturers count on that. I do find it kind of funny, though that the cashier had a bird over one customer using your flyer. You should have told her that you were recycling!
    Last edited by DianneS; Thu, Apr 19th, 2012 at 07:11 PM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Some people! My mom and I shop at the same FreshCo every week, so the supervisors recognize us (or at least me) now. We share flyers too, and I've often offered to people behind me (nice ones) flyers or coupons that I had handy. Never been an issue yet. I would have probably said... they're my flyers, I'll do what I want with them. I hope I never have to experience that, I wish no one did.
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used a Food Basics flyer at Freshco this weekend and let the person infront of me use it too, my cashier did not have a problem with that. It's case by case, I think cashier like to make up their own rules. It's so inconsistent!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I was actually told at the FreshCo that the person behind me wasn't allowed to use my flyer! I thought about dropping it and sliding it over, but they probably have those mirrors to see under carts...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Cashier says "no sharing." You say: "Oh look, this is now garbage,and I just dropped this garbage." To customer behind you: "hey, you may want to pick up my 'garbage.'"
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

If a cashier told me my flyer was garbage now I would say "No, I am still using it at another store! Do not throw my flyer out!"

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

lol omg gladly never have had that happened. call for a manager next time for sure.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I meant to just call it "garbage" when you are done with it so she can't say you are "sharing" it with another person

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    If a cashier told me my flyer was garbage now I would say "No, I am still using it at another store! Do not throw my flyer out!"
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information