User Tag List

Page 55 of 149 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Too funny! I'm going to plant this in the yard of the stinky weed smoking party people down the street.
    do it! Then when they mow their lawn (if they do) it will smell minty! Actually it will smell minty even if it's just a bit windy out.
    Patty Smyth and vesper like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    At least all of yours are little and they have nice flowers, Patty For me it's Rose of Sharon and little catalpa trees coming up everywhere. The smoke tree has quite a few offspring as well.
    OMG the smoke trees. lol

They are everywhere. I have the red ones my neighbor has the green. Guess what is growing everywhere. Hybrids.

They grow very well in the rocks around the pool lol. I even got a cedar this year and potted it up. Will see how big it gets. Seems the rocks are a great breeding ground
    Angela273 and GoJays like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Damage from the storm yesterday, so much for my awning , gone in 60 seconds.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Damage from the storm yesterday, so much for my awning , gone in 60 seconds.
    Patty!!! We have been there 2 times in the past with an evil wind and rain damaging the awnings. argh! I know the feeling so well, and yet we went out and bought another because we love being all tented up here. The worst was our first, twisted the metal structure like it was nothing. Hope you can salvage the thing after it dries out.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Patty!!! We have been there 2 times in the past with an evil wind and rain damaging the awnings. argh! I know the feeling so well, and yet we went out and bought another because we love being all tented up here. The worst was our first, twisted the metal structure like it was nothing. Hope you can salvage the thing after it dries out.
    No it's ripped, all at the seams, I just took it down, hopefully we can find just a tarp to buy and not have to get the whole thing.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We were hit by a bad thunder storm with high winds, flash floods, marble sized hail, etc. This happened on July 12 & again on July 19th. My garden was pulverized. I took 6' branches out of my vegetable garden. My pea plants are laying on the ground. My beautiful and healthy rhubarb plant is in shambles. There is nothing to harvest off it until it grows back again. My tomato plants were ripped in half. Even my zucchini leaves have holes punched in them. The power was out for 1.5hrs yesterday because a large tree took out power to a good section of the city. Sorry...but I felt like crying when I was watching this happen. When I went to pick branches out of my garden last night it simply confirmed my fears.
    Natalka and tobiwobi like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We were hit by a bad thunder storm with high winds, flash floods, marble sized hail, etc. This happened on July 12 & again on July 19th. My garden was pulverized. I took 6' branches out of my vegetable garden. My pea plants are laying on the ground. My beautiful and healthy rhubarb plant is in shambles. There is nothing to harvest off it until it grows back again. My tomato plants were ripped in half. Even my zucchini leaves have holes punched in them. The power was out for 1.5hrs yesterday because a large tree took out power to a good section of the city. Sorry...but I felt like crying when I was watching this happen. When I went to pick branches out of my garden last night it simply confirmed my fears.

It;s just awful this year. Sorry to hear about your garden. I was out today trying to tie up my hydrangeas, they are all flat. My pepper plants were blown flat. I tried to fix them but not very hopeful, we'll see. My cucs, and tomato plants seem ok for now. My tall snapdragons and are snapped in half too. I cannot help but right off this year as one of the worst.

I do have some 6-8 inch cucumbers. The lebanese ones. Still no tomatoes on most plants oh well.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh Patty, sorry to hear about the canvas covering for your gazebo, geez replacing that is almost the same as buying a whole new one we found. Hope you find one marked down in price somewhere!!
    Patty Smyth likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh Patty, sorry to hear about the canvas covering for your gazebo, geez replacing that is almost the same as buying a whole new one we found. Hope you find one marked down in price somewhere!!

Been to about 8 places so far no luck. Maybe we will have to wait until next year.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gee, you guys, so sorry storms affected your gardens and stuff.
    My sister's garden in Edmonton went through the same thing - and hers is huge, because she does tons of canning.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I had bought a gazebo one year too and it got blown to pieces. Then I found this neat hanging umbrella that comes with a mosquito netting, so it looks like a gazebo, but if it gets windy out you can just crank it down and not have to worry about it getting all mushed up.
    I bought it from Jysk heres a link to the picture in case anyone is interested http://www..ca/flyers/jysk-...er_run_id=5143
    Its called a Cadiz hanging market umbrella in case the link doesn`t work.
    Its about 9`x9`
    I will admit that our first one did get blown apart too, but that was our fault for not remembering to crank it down, its a bit of a pain to do if you have the patio set under it. And of course for those two years we did have it we had no mosquitos here. It was still very nice to have it for shade though.
    This years model was a bit different from the other one. The other one had little pockets in each of the bottom corners so you could weight it down a bit. This one doesn`t have those.
    the mosquito netting is attached by velcro, ( I preferred the the first model with the zipper attachment) This model has 4 zipper openings one on each wall not shown in the picture.
    Super simple to put together too.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks I may go see them. I never thought they had summer stuff, actually I don't think I have ever been in one.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There was a thread a while back about a disease affecting Impatiens plants. I just checked and my impatiens have it; they were looking so good up until now. It's downy mildew and unless you sprayed fungicide preventatively, then it's better to dispose of the plant once it is infected with it. The top part of the leaf looks alright but once you turn it over, you will see that it is covered with a white film. They decline fairly quickly once they've come down with this. I bought a whole flat of impatiens at Costco this Spring, and it has been a part of my garden for so many years.
    Sunshyne1 likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Name:  IMG_00000327.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  48.9 KB
    Here is my dahlia, originally a dollarama find a year ago, overwintered tuber in my locker. Looking good again, I like it changing colour from really purple to purple/yellow/white as the flowers age. It is huge and taking up most of the big pot a small tree could be in. But I think it deserves the space.
    Patty Smyth and itsmewhoelse like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I am so sorry to hear everyone losing their plants and all that hard work and love and days of watching it grow and then having it destroyed by weather. Mother nature is not happy lately.
    Patty Smyth and Angela273 like this.

Page 55 of 149 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Thread Information