User Tag List

Page 52 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I dunno, this doesn't pass the sniff test, somehow... about the person entering the Trudeau house.
    Really, who (especially how 'intoxicated' they say the guy was) would gather up knives to steal, then be remorseful and leave a note?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle20205012/
    Dont want to show that harper's war on crime is needed
    Natalka likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I dunno, this doesn't pass the sniff test, somehow... about the person entering the Trudeau house.
    Really, who (especially how 'intoxicated' they say the guy was) would gather up knives to steal, then be remorseful and leave a note?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle20205012/
    What part of the story make you skeptical?

While I don't think he needs 24 hour RCMP security I do think he should be more careful. At the pride parade here 2 weeks ago(the day after the incident) I called him and he came right over to Kiera and bent down to talk to her and then shook both our hands and I was thinking to myself ANYONE could do anything to him. This was at the beginning of the parade when he was with the other politicians and the PM of the province had quite a few body guards.

Later at the end of the parade the Liberal party had their own delegation and he was there BY HIMSELF in the middle of the street walking about 10 feet ahead. I nearly had a fit. People started running to him to get pics. They were all well intended but sheesh I thought to myself he has guts because there are haters everywhere.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Dont want to show that harper's war on crime is needed

What makes you say this? What part of Harper's plan would have prevented something like this? You can make all the laws in the world but cannot anticipate random craziness like a dumbass drunk.
    Lynn49 and Darth Penguin like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    What makes you say this? What part of Harper's plan would have prevented something like this? You can make all the laws in the world but cannot anticipate random craziness like a dumbass drunk.
    Dumbass Drunks need no help in dumb-assing...I dn't know howmny reports that pple have returned home and found DAD passed out in their homes with half the neighbourhoods missing goods next to them..

not to mention all the DAD whose last words appear to be " hold my beer an watch this" youtube vids...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

* this, what I said... it was so widely reported that a threatening note was left on a pile of knives in the kitchen.

So a drunk mistakenly gets into a house. Realizes he's in the wrong house.

Decides to steal some things - uh, knives are his first choice, then some electronics.

Then he changes his mind, leaves a note, leaves the goods and exits the house.

Improbable.

-

And just in general, I think security for politicians has been way too lax in our country for ages.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

* this, what I said... it was so widely reported that a threatening note was left on a pile of knives in the kitchen.

So a drunk mistakenly gets into a house. Realizes he's in the wrong house.

Decides to steal some things - uh, knives are his first choice, then some electronics.

Then he changes his mind, leaves a note, leaves the goods and exits the house.

Improbable.

-

And just in general, I think security for politicians has been way too lax in our country for ages.
    He will probably get temporary security and then the RCMP will reassess but I am guessing as the election draws nearer he will get it full time.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Let us not forget.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

(sorry, double post, gah)

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Rev Ian Paisley MP, MEP, First ministr of Northern Ireland dies aged 88

yes...well...I dislike speaking ill of the dead but I hope he and Fred Phelps like a hot after life...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Not sure why it's taboo to speak ill of the dead if a person was horrible then well, dieing isn't going to change it except that they can no longer do any damage to anyone, thankfully.

Anyhoo , I can't see this being good for Canada.

http://elizabethmaymp.ca/canada-chin...at-sovereignty

Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party of Canada and MP for Saanich-Gulf Islands, denounced Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s unprecedented move to ratify the Canada-China Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (FIPA). Ratification of the international accord by Cabinet was made without debate or public consultation.“At no time since 1867 has the sovereignty of Canada been significantly undermined,” stated Green Party Leader, Elizabeth May. “This deal is one-sided and will never benefit Canadians. Stephen Harper has now committed this country and future governments to an agreement that has locked us in for a minimum of 31 years – more than a generation.”When news came of Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Hu Jintao of China witnessing the signing of the Canada-China Investment Agreement on September 9th, 2012 in Vladivostok Russia, Green Party Leader Elizabeth May has continued to raise the alarm about the threat to Canada’s sovereignty.Details of the agreement were kept secret from the Canadian public and Parliament until September 26th, 2012, when it was quietly made public and tabled in the House of Commons. The treaty was never subjected to study in any committee, other than one hour before the trade committee.In a recent article in the Tyee entitled, Harper Gov’t ‘Conceded to China’ under Pressure, associate professor at the Osgoode Hall Law School and an expert in investment treaties, Gus Van Harten, was quoted saying that “FIPA is practically a one-way deal in favour of China.”“Cabinet’s signing of the deal behind closed doors, instead of giving Parliament a say, is not just undemocratic, it is also a profound attack on Canada’s sovereignty as a nation.” added Deputy Leader Bruce Hyer. “The Conservatives have now allowed for Chinese interests to sue in secret tribunals if they don’t like our laws. In effect, Stephen Harper has allowed for a foreign state to rewrite Canadian law in order to protect their interests.”Andrew Weaver, Deputy Leader of the BC Green Party and MLA for Oak Bay-Gordon Head, expressed his concerns, stating, “The consequences of this decision will reverberate down to the provinces. Why did the federal Conservative not consult with the provinces and why has the BC government not been asking the tough questions as to whether this is in the province’s interest?“New Brunswickers want to know why our laws can now be challenged by the Peoples’ Republic of China. Where was the premier? Was NB even consulted?” asked NB Green leader David Coon. “This is a deeply disturbing development.”“This agreement is one that Canadians will come to regret for generations,” concluded Elizabeth May.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The gift that keeps on giving, finding nazi's and making them pay no matter how old they are.

Germany charges 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard with accessory to 300,000 murders

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/09...00000-murders/

You can run but you can't hide.

I recommend this movie to anyone who is a history buff and is interested in learning about how it all came about. I am not one to use the term "evil" but this bunch personifies it.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/ontar...yist-1.2011082

(Have a friend who retired from politics & was offered a job as a lobbyist - lasted less than a day before ethics got the better of D)

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/ontar...yist-1.2011082

(Have a friend who retired from politics & was offered a job as a lobbyist - lasted less than a day before ethics got the better of D)

Ugh , there should be some kind of law prohibiting them from doing this for at least 5 years after leaving office.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Developing story - from CNN

Grandfather in Florida kills daughter then the 6 grandchildren before turning the gun on himself when confronted by police.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/rep...orida/28140984

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ that type of killer just sickens me - if you are so peeved, hate the world and everyone else - or whatever, so just off yourself and be done with it. Don't take others out with you.

It's so very sad.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Page 52 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread Information