User Tag List

Page 160 of 239 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

SNL writer fired for her tweet about Barron Trump
    “Saturday Night Live” writer Katie Rich
    tweeted that “Barron will be this country’s first homeschool shooter.” It immediately triggered a flood of angry tweets. Rich, an improv comedian who has written for NBC’s SNL since December 2013 when she was hired to work on “Weekend Update,” deleted her account after the backlash. Nearly 79,000 people signed a Change.org petition for her to be fired.

Newfiescreech likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ That's gross.

So was Madonna saying she would bomb the White House.
    Can't she be tried for treason for saying that?
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Of course not, she's a Democrat! Oh, and a celebrity!
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and DaveP like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

To put things in context Madonna said:
    "Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot of blowing up the White House, but I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair. As the poet, W.H. Auden once wrote on the eve of World War II: We must love one another or die.
    "I choose love. Are you with me? Say this with me: We choose love. We choose love. We choose love."

It's a shame the choosing love part somehow got lost and the focus was on the irrational thought that we do tend to feel when we're angry. It's one thing to think it and it's human to do so. Madonna is trying to say to those radicals out there who may think this that she has also but chooses love instead. Love will win if we let it and choose it instead of hate.

The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yay to the Keystone XL pipeline being given approval by President Trump.

From our Premier:

Brad Wall

· 14 hrs ·

We welcome President Trump’s approval of the Keystone XL pipeline. This is a win for both our countries’ energy industries, for energy consumers and for energy security.

I have said before that if Keystone had been judged on its merits and on the facts – it would have been approved years ago.
    Our government has advocated strongly for Keystone. As the National Post’s Claudia Cattaneo succinctly put it in a column about Keystone, the pipeline “meets U.S. criteria, enhances U.S. energy security, feeds Canadian heavy oil to U.S. refineries that want it, is important to Canada’s economy, and is better for the environment than rail.”

For Canada, it means we can move our oil – safe, secure Canadian oil – to our biggest customer and to tidewater. It will help lower the price differential Canada receives for its oil – that differential costs our governments and producers hundreds of millions of dollars each year. It will also help free up capacity on our railways for moving other products.

For Saskatchewan, there will be about 2,200 jobs building the 530 kilometers of Keystone XL in Alberta and Saskatchewan at a cost of approximately $1.2 billion. Keystone XL is projected to result in an additional $3.5 million in additional property tax revenues in Alberta per year and $1.3 million in Saskatchewan.

This is also good news for Evraz in Regina. The company participated in the Keystone project up to the point that it was shut down by the Obama Administration and are optimistic their company will continue to be involved in the project now that it has been approved to go forward.

https://www.facebook.com/PremierBrad...5126570439267/

(Note - Evraz is the largest producer of large-diameter pipe in North America)
    Newfiescreech, Poirot and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

To be fair, thinking and planning are two different things. If she had thought about blowing g up the WH and purchases showed explosives they could do something but that kind of comment even from real radical groups would only get you on a watch list.
    Still a stupid thing to say for someone in the (semi) limelight. Even a former FBI guy they had on the news brushed it off as her looking for attention more than trying to incite others to actually do it.

He was more worried about CNN's designated survivor story where they gave the full list of getting down to a Democrat for President
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

"Outrage" at "traitorous" CNN for "inciting violence"

CNN has been accused of inciting violence against Donald Trump after the network said an Obama appointee would take over if the president-elect was killed at his inauguration.
    Wednesday's startling report, titled 'Disaster could put Obama appointee in Oval Office,' speculated on what might happen if Trump, Mike Pence and the Congressional leaders were all killed during the ceremony.
    During the segment they also used scenes from ABC show 'Designated Survivor', which depicts what would happen if the Capitol building - the venue for Trump's swearing in - was bombed and the Commander-in-chief killed.
    The report concluded that a Democrat would take the vice-president's place in the White House in the event of such an attack, worrying some that venomous anti-Trump protesters might attempt a treasonous attack on the event.
    The 1947 Presidential Succession Act lists who will be made president in the event that higher members of office are killed.
    The order is based on when the offices were created, which means that the Secretary of Homeland Security - arguably one of the people best fit for the position - is last.
    Their length of term is 'until the expiration of the then-current presidential term' - though it's not clear how that would work in an attack during the transition of power.

• Vice President
    • Speaker of the House of Representatives
    • President pro tempore of the Senate
    • Secretary of State
    • Secretary of the Treasury
    • Secretary of Defense
    • Attorney General
    • Secretary of the Interior Secretary of Agriculture
    • Secretary of Commerce
    • Secretary of Labor
    • Secretary of Health and Human Services
    • Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
    • Secretary of Transportation
    • Secretary of Energy
    • Secretary of Education
    • Secretary of Veterans Affairs
    • Secretary of Homeland Security

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post

He was more worried about CNN's designated survivor story where they gave the full list of getting down to a Democrat for President
    I saw a similar list circulated in 2009 regarding getting a Republican president back in power. It's hardly a state secret that the list exists and how power is to be transferred during a time of emergency. There was a lot of discussion back in 2001 about it as well.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Not that a list exists, they published the list and areas where people usually would be which is usually kept secret
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    To put things in context Madonna said:
    "Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot of blowing up the White House, but I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair. As the poet, W.H. Auden once wrote on the eve of World War II: We must love one another or die.
    "I choose love. Are you with me? Say this with me: We choose love. We choose love. We choose love."

It's a shame the choosing love part somehow got lost and the focus was on the irrational thought that we do tend to feel when we're angry. It's one thing to think it and it's human to do so. Madonna is trying to say to those radicals out there who may think this that she has also but chooses love instead. Love will win if we let it and choose it instead of hate.

Very grateful for your posting this, Sharon. I knew there was an issue, but didn't know the context. Crazy, crazy times in the US, eh? Yes, I will choose Love ... every time. (Except when someone cuts me off in traffic, LOL! )

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ yes, ty @SharonMe for posting what she said in full.......because I somehow missed Madonna'sspeech, I had just heard she uttered the F bomb and mentioned blowing up the WH. Not a fan of hers much anyway despite her " helping " during the march.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just finished watching online PM Trudeau's town hall meeting here at the university in Saskatoon.

It started a half hour late - which is awful for those who were stuck waiting outside in frigid weather.
    The room held about 550, and there was an overflow room as well.
    However, who got in and who didn't was very restrictive.

Nothing earth-shattering discussed - in all, he really side-stepped the majority of the questions, instead going on to whatever it is that he wanted to talk about, mostly not having to do with the question asked.

Can I have my hour back?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Just finished watching online PM Trudeau's town hall meeting here at the university in Saskatoon.

It started a half hour late - which is awful for those who were stuck waiting outside in frigid weather.
    The room held about 550, and there was an overflow room as well.
    However, who got in and who didn't was very restrictive.

Nothing earth-shattering discussed - in all, he really side-stepped the majority of the questions, instead going on to whatever it is that he wanted to talk about, mostly not having to do with the question asked.

Can I have my hour back?
    Thanks for the insight, Natalka. Sorry you lost your valuable time like that. I was thinking that I wished I could have gone to one of his townhall meetings; now I'm glad that I didn't have the opportunity. I find Trudeau to be an expert at dodging questions and I don't like it. Harper did that, and I didn't like that either.
    ROMEO, Patty Smyth and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I feel your pain, I lost over an hour of my life watching local politicians discuss our LRT.
    One of them complained that they have too many staff reports on the matter to read only to ask staff to look into something and report back less than 5 mins later.
    My local councillor was unimpressed and at one point threw himself back in the chair
    Natalka, Ciel and GatineauGirl like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Page 160 of 239 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 ... LastLast

Thread Information