User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Is CTC the Child Tax Credit? and why would they give me it now??

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I think for my 5 dd's, the entire time before they reach 18, I got a grand total of $0.00 I had to start using coupons to feed them Back then it was called a baby bonus. I think the max back then was probably something like $25 / child. One on my dd's gets about $100 per month, and I know she is very greatful for it, as she tells me "Mom, it pays for the milk and bread we need durning the week." And that's true.

I hear you on people cheating their taxes. We never ever did that. My dh has always been self employed, so he was audited frequently, and we never wanted any issues. If you deserve, they give it to you, but to cheat on your taxes to get something that rightfully belongs to those in need really steams me.
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I remember my mom getting a check for $33 every month for my sister and I. I also vaguely remember her getting a check for around $800 in February of each year. Was that the baby bonus as well?
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I think for my 5 dd's, the entire time before they reach 18, I got a grand total of $0.00 I had to start using coupons to feed them Back then it was called a baby bonus. I think the max back then was probably something like $25 / child. One on my dd's gets about $100 per month, and I know she is very greatful for it, as she tells me "Mom, it pays for the milk and bread we need durning the week." And that's true.

I hear you on people cheating their taxes. We never ever did that. My dh has always been self employed, so he was audited frequently, and we never wanted any issues. If you deserve, they give it to you, but to cheat on your taxes to get something that rightfully belongs to those in need really steams me.
    Everyone with a kiddo under 6 gets $100 per child per month as a childcare benefit (Universal Childcare Benefit). It's not based on income but it taxable. Apparently at 6 they should no longer need childcare. Sorry darling, you're 6 now, time to become a latch key kid! LOL It's all so random with the gov. One of mine turns 6 in September so it'll all change once again.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Update:

Got the co-responding letter of explanation to the deposit, turns out it is a one time payout of CTC deposited to represent all the menial deposits that would occur every month for 11 ( or 12 ? ) months.
    I called to inquire and she said that even though it seems as though nothing changed in our Income, the smallest reduction somehow made us qualify.

She was actually very funny and we both laughed at the timing and all.

Anyways, I AM very grateful that DH and I are NOT in a position to rely on that every month, my heart goes out to those of you that do.

Thanks for all your comments, I like the rant section actually, quite therapeutic!!

Natalka, Insane, jonesy and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Glad this was solved.
    Very surprised you got a nice person at the other end of the phone, but this is good to hear too.
    walkonby likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

awesome enjoy your new found bonus. while it lasts anyway
    walkonby likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This is going to come off as a stupid question, but if your income qualified for the ctc. Would you get it if you had adopted children? Or only if you had biological children?

Starting the adoption process, I so I imagine everything will be changed by the time we are approved and given a child, but I am curious. Any little bit will help once we get a child.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

As I understand it, it does not matter if a child is biologically related or not. CTC is based on need and the child living with you. Here is a link to the government website with additional information.
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/menu-eng.html
    matrix82 likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Congratulations Matrix82 on the upcoming adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    As I understand it, it does not matter if a child is biologically related or not. CTC is based on need and the child living with you. Here is a link to the government website with additional information.
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/menu-eng.html
    I thought so too.
    I thought that matrix82 would get the credit too.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Congratulations Matrix82 on the upcoming adoption.

I thought so too.
    I thought that matrix82 would get the credit too.
    It's a long time in the waiting, we are told 7 years is about the average. We want Canadian (just because we don't have the funds to adopt internationally and there are a lot of kids in the system here in Canada), probably toddlerish age 3-6.
    Natalka and momof3heathens like this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    It's a long time in the waiting, we are told 7 years is about the average. We want Canadian (just because we don't have the funds to adopt internationally and there are a lot of kids in the system here in Canada), probably toddlerish age 3-6.
    Nice age, 3-6. Hope you hear some good news soon.
    matrix82 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information