User Tag List

Page 1389 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 389 889 1289 1339 1379 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1399 1439 1489 ... LastLast
Results 20,821 to 20,835 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

22Hicks, I'm so sorry...you must have been very close to your Mom, too, and you lost her so early. We never get over losing our Moms do we? I wish you happy memories today, Sweetheart..

On the run, the start of a new painting session today and I WILL paint that picture of lilacs I have!! Only I want it softer, less realistic than my other two paintings, more abstract...we'll see what happens!

I whined on the diet thread about there not being any fresh cauliflower in the 3 grocery stores near us, so we thought to stock up on frozen since we love the stuff as a substitute for mashed potatoes and rice and guess WHAT?! None!!! The absolute nerve of other people stocking up and hoarding that stuff!!! So we'll drop into Costco on the way home and buy it all up! If there is any, that is....

-18, but I have to go out today.....and of course Jenny picks today to be all clingy and soft and warm and cuddly...I could snuggle her all day and be happy.

Take good care, everyone, drive carefully, stay warm!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Avon, my Friend, what stress you're under right now...selling a house is dreadfully nerve-wracking, so I hope you can off-load it soon and move into your new digs!! Praying for you, Sweetheart...{{{{inhale, exhale}}}...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Our kitties stay close to the registers!

hicks, big hugs for you today - I understand how hard it is, the number of years don't matter -

Lynn - just a tip to also check out the prepackaged fresh veg - here it's usually a cauli-broccoli mix - still at decent prices.

I went into the crisper yesterday for lettuce - turned over a round of something and it was a cauliflower; I thought I had hit the jackpot! Forgot we bought one last week - at still around $4.

Just finished 'decorating' gingerbread - No, I didn't make it, I bought one of those kits on clearance post-Christmas, it was supposed to be to make a village of little houses. However, I just broke apart the pieces and decorated them randomly. Considering it's a commercial product, the gingerbread tastes really pretty good - and it came with a huge thing of royal icing and lots of assorted candies to decorate with. Ended up I only used like 1/3 of the icing.
    I'll freeze most of them for when I want a hit of ginger, and pass some along to our son tonight when he comes for supper and a visit.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Jan 14th, 2016 at 10:45 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks, Natalka...I'll be with my Hubby today so I'll check out all possibilities. I could always buy two bags of the cauliflower/broccoli mix and separate them into their own bags, so that way when we want "mashed potatoes", they'll be all caulifower! I hope I can find a bunch!

I love ginger, too and I can imagine how much your son will appreciate your efforts...what a nice Mom.. We're always thinking of our kids, aren't we?

Well, almost ready for painting class!!

Toodles, everyone!!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I'm sick of winter already and we only got snow here in the GTA last week haha
    2016 sucks already, I hope the rest of the year takes a better turn, thats life I guess always up and down.

On a brighter note, DH and I are heading to Cuba next week....hoping the sun and warmth will cheer me up and calm my nerves.

Have a great day everyone!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    ...DH and I are heading to Cuba next week....hoping the sun and warmth will cheer me up and calm my nerves.
    I'm sure it will Vee!
    Where abouts in Cuba are you heading to?
    DANGER

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    I'm sure it will Vee!
    Where abouts in Cuba are you heading to?
    Cayo Coco - our paradise as we like to call it haha

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Still off but what's weird, I have a job interview Fri afternoon. Bit more pay and a bit closer walk to work. I was supposed to be off all next week but if I get this job I guess I won't be off lol. I applied yesterday and they called me an hour ago. They're like and you have no issue with a police background check. Nope, where I currently work I needed to get government security check. They were like oh super, sounds good.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Today is the 14th anniversary of my mother's death. I miss her every day.
    I wish I had pictures of her on my computer.
    I know you know, but I'm thinking of you Mom. I love you.

Attachment 303160
    Am sorry for your sadness today hicks. Your sadness reflects on the fact that your Mom was obviously a beautiful person. Her legacy no doubt lives on in the people whose lives she touched. . .
    Something we would all want to leave behind.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello every1, and thank you all for your sentiments. I do miss her, but she's with the angels, and brightening up their lives.

Vee - Cuba, nice. I'm sure the sun & warmth will do a lot to lighten your mood. Always a great stress reliever.

Lynn - how'd your painting class go ? You're so talented.

Nat - what a simple and great idea. I like gingerbread, but I'm too lazy to make any. So picking up a kit, and using all the parts as individual 'cookies', well, I'm sold.

Cabie - good luck @ that job interview. I hope it goes well for you. Fingers crossed.

Well, my busy day's almost over. The cleaner was here this morning, for the last time. I think I'll take over from now on. While she was working, or budding in, the nurse was here. Then a visit with the dog walker for awhile, and finally the physio. She worked on my leg for 2 hours of he!!. I was so tired when she left, I slept for over an hour. Now it's time to start dinner. Once it's done, I'm not budging from the couch.

I'll touch base later, but I hope you all have a great evening.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!

Well a not-too-bad appointment considering what had to be done, and no need for a follow-up unless I choose.

Drive back was fine - much better weather today.

Parcels,cards and letters mailed to destinations in the States.

Received a lovely gift of 2 books from a friend for my birthday and some lovely cards.

Both my sister-in-law and I have birthdays tomorrow. (My brother was very smart- one less date to remember!)

We got our carpets cleaned yesterday and as DH lifted the footstool onto the chair, it fell over, smashing the glass on an end table, which dumped a full glass of water onto our laptop which was underneath. The table had a built -in lamp so now we are out a table, a lamp and perhaps a laptop! DOMINOS!

Deep breaths!

I received a lovely compliment today from a couple that is asking for me to perform their wedding in Oct. Apparently I performed their friends' wedding last year and they spoke ,"Very highly," of me.

So nice when you are able to get it, "Just right," for a couple!

Thank-you again, Lynn for introducing me to this wonderful mini-career!

Well, I was falling asleep on the way home today, so I am going to try to take a little nap and try to get my head back in gear!

Hicks, hugs to you on this sad day! The anniversary of my dad's passing is coming up next month. He left us in 1999. He would SO LOVED to have seen the millennium!
    Your happy memories of your mum keep her vital in your life.

Mortgage Queen, tell your little kitty "Hi!" From me!
    Cabmonk, good luck with the interview!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Jan 14th, 2016 at 06:04 PM.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Avon, so happy to hear your appt. went well, but sorry about the table & lamp.
    I really hope ur computer is alright. Very nice compliment.

It was a day of happy, and sad, memories. She was a very special lady.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry about your sadness today hicks for your Mom but her great memories will be with you forever. My Mom passed away Dec. 22 2009, she was a little Scottish woman who never cursed once in her lifetime until 2 days before she passed away and she told my youngest brother he is B^astard, that is a great memory because he truly is. LoL.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@dededi - I want to laugh at that, but I suspect it's not very funny.

I remember you mentioning the anniversary of her death, esp. because it was on my b/day.
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    On Facebook: So many people posting things like which super hero do you resemble and it says the hulk. But their profile pic is like John cena not themselves. You realize it's actually saying John cena is the hulk right?, not you lol.
    My avatar there is Darth Vader and I ended up as Capt America....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Thread Information