User Tag List

Page 1665 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 665 1165 1565 1615 1655 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1675 ... LastLast
Results 24,961 to 24,975 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

They have jeans for doxies? How cute!
    😁

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

^^^

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Fluffy, disgusting white crap falling here too, @22hicks. Hateful stuff. Even Jenny hates it...in her genes, I guess...
    It's awful, and STILL falling.

Funny, Jake loves it. He keeps wanting to go out back. He rolls in it, jumps @ the flakes, and races around & around the yard. Cute, but annoying - he's always wet.
    Last edited by 22hicks; Mon, Dec 12th, 2016 at 10:10 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ Plus one there hicks, our dogs also love leaping into it, and horsing around in the backyard and yet when it is time for the actual walk they come up lame very fast. Rufus in particular just sits once we get across the street and says " carry me " with his eyes.
    DS just finished clearing our elderly neighbour's car, driveway and stairs. Her place is situated in such a way that she gets all the blowing drifting snow from the street. I'll bet it will look like he never even shoveled once morning comes as it is STILL coming down quietly and softly....but accumulating just the same!
    We need new tires, no question about it, I nearly got stuck on my own street. Nothing makes you feel more like a dork than forward/reverse/forward/reverse, and all you're making are ruts! then you sweat thinking " am I really not going to be able to pull out of here " ?
    Phew!! I was THIS close to walking home and sending DH to go get the vehicle.....ha ha , but I finally managed to escape.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, send some of that snow our way!

Have a good day, all!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning folks!
    A bit of snow out...roughly 5-6 inches, wet packing stuff.
    Stay warm fam.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 59
Size:  395.1 KB

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Dededi- Thanks for the morning smile! Well, it looks BEAUTIFUL out there. Trees softly bending with about 4" of snow on them. It's the day DH's son goes home. And the day we talk to the oncologist. My butt seems to be glued to the bed. Don't want to face this day.
    When I was teaching, I really didn't need standardized tests to know how a child was doing- and I really don't need an oncologist to see how DH is doing.
    Well, Christmas cards to send to the States really won't sign themselves and if I don't get a shower now- forget it until tomorrow.
    Enjoy your day, my friends!
    I love the doggie stories! Anyone have a Husky? They'll be PAYING their owners to let them outside!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1, well I guess it's not. You're lucky you got out @walkonby .
    I hope you all got to work safely.

OMG - We got at least 6" of VERY heavy snow. Jake tried to go down to do his business, but the snow was so deep, it covered his legs and up past his abdomen. He could hardly move, & certainly couldn't 'go'. Now he's begging for a walk, but the plough has blocked us in. There's 2 - 3 feet @ the end of the driveway. I can't shovel. I tried a little on the deck so he could get down, but now I'm really sore. Oh, how I HATE winter

Is it too much to ask that that is the LAST of the snowfalls this winter. Well, hoping, and @Natalka , be my guest, take it ALL !!!!

Attachment 323737

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Good morning every1, well I guess it's not. You're lucky you got out @walkonby .
    I hope you all got to work safely.

OMG - We got at least 6" of VERY heavy snow. Jake tried to go down to do his business, but the snow was so deep, it covered his legs and up past his abdomen. He could hardly move, & certainly couldn't 'go'. Now he's begging for a walk, but the plough has blocked us in. There's 2 - 3 feet @ the end of the driveway. I can't shovel. I tried a little on the deck so he could get down, but now I'm really sore. Oh, how I HATE winter

Is it too much to ask that that is the LAST of the snowfalls this winter. Well, hoping, and @Natalka , be my guest, take it ALL !!!!

Attachment 323737
    hicks!!! I feel the same way. Snow....please leave! It is very heavy to shovel because it is wet, and even wetter now.
    This a.m. I decided to ignore DH's suggestion to " wait till the w/e " to get the 4 tires replaced on the vehicle. What an awful time I had though just trying to drive out of our street and onto the cleared main one, the ole back and forth going nowhere, finally a good Samaritan who was shoveling nearby, shoveled the mess out in front of my wheels and I got there o.k.
    I feel much much better with new tires.
    I shoveled the back decks so the dogs could at least walk down to do their business, our short legged pets don't stand a chance in this height of snowfall.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!
    @avoncallingu , your Hubby must be dreading today, with his son having to leave. He was such a nice help for him. I don't know what to say about his oncologist appt this afternoon except perhaps that his findings are more positive than what you anticipate...all the best, Avon.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

And just because....Brat...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

White crap still falling, but fluffy, apparently, so it didn't take long for DH to blow it away, and not enough for the plow to box us in.
    @22hicks , is it time to hire a company to take care of that problem for you, at least your driveway? Sometimes senior centres have lists of volunteers who can help...gosh I can't begin to imagine having to deal with that disgusting stuff. Poor you.....I hope it dies quickly, but chances of that happening are slim to nil. It's such a difficult time of year for us seniors...

Another 'nothing' day here. Presents wrapped, cards done, although I'm not sure when to mail them out. Cabin-fever strikes again.

Everyone, have as good a day as you can have under the weather conditions we're facing this time of year; walk and drive slowly (that means YOU, @walkonby !)...stay safe.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well, everything's done.

The city does snow removal for seniors @Lynn49, and I'm registered, BUT they only do it 36 - 48 hours after it's stopped snowing.
    What good is that?

I took Jake for a walk, not much fun for me, but he had some fun.

On the positive side, a friend's DH showed up & did my driveway, I was so very grateful, I just didn't know what I was going to do. It took me 45 minutes to do the steps into my house, and a path for Jake on the deck. Then, I had to lay down with an ice pack. Maybe it's time to consider a condo. I swore I'd never live in a glorified apt.
    Or, as you suggest Lynn, hire a company. I called a couple last year when I was in the w/chair, but none would guarantee service the day of a snow fall.

@walkonby - glad a neighbour helped you out. I always carried a small shovel, and some sand in my trunk. Maybe I should start doing that again.

Have I mentioned I HATE WINTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@22hicks .....good grief you worry me with that deck or yours and what happened before!! Scares me to crazies, that ice and snow! How wonderful of that neighbour to help you out; my DH used to do the same when we lived on the cul-de-sac where the kids live now...just went driveway to driveway. There sure are some good people out there; as for that seniors' perk...24-48 hrs later? What about appointments? Thanks but no thanks. Look into those services again, surely there's someone who can get there the same day? Yep....then there's the condo...fresh start, no worries or hassles about a house and all that entails and you must have so many choices where you are. Good luck, Sweets.

Winter SO sucks the older we get!!!

Thread Information