User Tag List

Page 1565 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 565 1065 1465 1515 1555 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1575 1615 1665 ... LastLast
Results 23,461 to 23,475 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Thank you, @22hicks...yep, it's going to have to be a quiet weekend for me, but I'm telling ya...I'm no great supporter of chiropractors and all the promises they make to cure everything, but both my DD and I wouldn't do without them when our back's "go out" on us! I've had 5 (6?) treatments after 3 weeks of pain and I'm feeling almost back to normal finally! I still get twinges, but at least I can put weight on that left leg and step on it without yelling. Even my chiropractor, after he did his treatment, said I must be getting better, I've stopped swearing at him... I think that's a step forward..

And YES, the JAYS are amazing!! DH said he gave up on them last night, and they won, and again today!!!
    DARE we hope??!!
    I'm with you. Physio did more damage to my back, actually they put me back into the w/chair.
    I finally gave in and tried a chiropractor, what did I have to lose. It took 18 months, but he made it SO much better. I went from w/chair-bound, to actually walking again. I don't have any coverage, so it was expensive, but so worth it in the end.
    You made me laugh - I remember swearing @ him for months too.
    So, when it gets bad, I visit him every day for a week or two, and voila, I can walk, and function again.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    I had time to get my hair cut today and MY what a difference it makes! They tried a new technique of just scrunching my hair as it dried and using mousse. Then "pomade" which made me think of James Brown!

But I have naturally curly/wavy hair and I was quite pleased.

I have to push myself to do washing and get ready to leave for Windsor tomorrow for the wedding.

The guest bedroom is almost ready for DH's son to visit after the wedding.

Card and gift are ready. SIL has asked me to fill in to do a reading as her dil has just decided she is too nervous. I don't mind at all. Will be happy to add to the ceremony.

I paid a FORTUNE for my sandals for my weird feet but I haven't had a decent pIe of dress-up shoes for a while.

I was able to find a "retro" Crystal necklace that my mum had left me and an antique beaded purse that I had bought at a garage sale for $4 a couple of years ago to round out the look as well as a cute "Fascinator" that I had bought at a cute little discount accessory shop in Portugal when we were there a few years ago.

Lynn, I am not happy that you are still somewhat in pain! Have a very pleasant weekend! Next week we get serious about doggie adopting.

And Nat, you too!

You haven't mentioned your BIL - still in my prayers.

Hicks, keeping my fingers crossed for the Jays!

Take care everyone!
    ROMEO, 22hicks, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Have fun at the wedding, avon - sounds like you will be decked out beautifully!

My BIL is back to not doing well - waiting for a surgery.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@avoncallingu - you sound like you're completely organized. Enjoy the wedding.

Good night all.

Name:  moonlit night.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  44.6 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Have a great Thursday, everyone! Much cooler today, which is fine with me!

22hicks, avoncallingu and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have a wonderful thursday everyone!Name:  51.gif
Views: 125
Size:  44.1 KB
    Natalka, ROMEO, 22hicks and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

A busy one here, packing up for camp, although DH is doing most of the heavy lifting...I'm pretty much making notes on what we need and pointing at stuff. But I sure am feeling better, so I do try to do stuff, but he sits me down and tells me that I'm not to "re-injure" my back, and he's probably right. He's a blessing.
    @Natalka , I wasn't sure my chiropractor was doing much of anything the first couple of times I went to see him, but every time I go now, it seems to be even better! My first visit consisted of tests....a Ph test (I'm acidic so now on an alkaline drink and will be tested again next week), a sort-of roller his technician used on my back resulting in a dual print-out of the areas that are out of whack (which, coincidently are areas that hurt the most on my back), and an explanation of everything that's wrong and what he's going to do to fix them. Like I said, I don't hold with all the stuff they say they can treat, but boy, when it comes to backs (our Dd's and mine) we can't do without them!

So his treatments consist of me laying on my tummy on the table-thingy (no need to get changed our of street clothes) while he compresses the areas of pain I have. Which is pretty much like someone putting their full weight on a sore spot. It doesn't feel very nice, but he's hitting all the areas where I do have pain. He uses a "clicky thing" that ... hm..how to describe it...it's a little instrument that "punches" out when he places it on certain areas. He does some very deep messaging of those areas of my back that hurt and although I was nearly in tears the first times he did that, it hurts less now. And, as he said, at least I'm not swearing at him anymore..lol... Never did...just made sad noises...
    Then onto my back, and he messages my neck (another area of stress), and pulls on my head to stretch out my spine...which actually feels quite nice in a weird sort of way.

So long story short, he zeros in on my ouchie bits along my back, works tension out of them, relaxes muscles that are pulling my spine out of whack and subsequently pinching a particular nerve. Before, I could barely get out of bed in the morning to reach for my Flexerall, and now I don't bother with it until mid morning. That is a vast improvement.
    Chiropractic methods have changes significantly since we were kids, and there's no twisting and cracking for back pain anymore which in itself is a blessing!!

Hope that helps, Nat...doing something is better than suffering, and as my DD said, I spent 3 weeks in pain when this cold have been handled sooner. Don't you just hate it when kids are so right?!

We're off to camp for the weekend..pig roast and live music Saturday, so one big party...I'm glad we're so close to the rec-centre!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning fam

Jays played great yesterday afternoon.
    Cooler night and morning today. Supposed to warm up, but not overly hot.

Moved office spaces this morning.
    Office shake up. Peoples moving from department to department...and as the Principal noted to me..."You know when you're trying to map out a space, and there's that one 'square' that doesn't really belong to any particular group...well you're that square..."
    Any way, I'm now central in the office, close to everyone.

Have a great morning peeps!

I thought my post was long for a 'good morning post'.. @Lynn49 proved me wrong...
    Last edited by danger_dan; Thu, Aug 18th, 2016 at 10:15 AM.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Morning fam

Jays played great yesterday afternoon.
    Cooler night and morning today. Supposed to warm up, but not overly hot.

Moved office spaces this morning.
    Office shake up. Peoples moving from department to department...and as the Principal noted to me..."You know when you're trying to map out a space, and there's that one 'square' that doesn't really belong to any particular group...well you're that square..."
    Any way, I'm now central in the office, close to everyone.

Have a great morning peeps!

I thought my post was long for a 'good morning post'.. @Lynn49 proved me wrong...
    Aw, we always knew you were one of a kind, Dan!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@danger_dan , that could mean a lot more work, but I know you can handle it.

Have a good time @Lynn49. Remember, don't overdue it.

Good morning folks. It looks like another nice day.

Name:  lovely Thursday.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  33.0 KB

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My youngest Grandson sporting a bee sting. Poor little guy, it seems he is allergic to bee stings. He's a trooper. I hope they can enjoy the rest of their vacation. A lot for a little guy like him to deal with at the tender age of 19 months. It didn't dim his smile for very long.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Boy did that ever swell up!
    Smiling like a Champ! Glad he's doing well though.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Loocie, oh, the poor baby - oy!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Aw, @SillyLoocie ...what a way to find out he's allergic to bees!! I guess this means an epi-pen, poor critter.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, thanks for all that explanation - yeah, not what I expected a chiro to do.

Thread Information