Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Parking lot clunks

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Name:  427961_10151307794391584_1614729699_n.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  169.5 KB

My bf had his car parked at work and some old lady hit his car in the parking lot! She left a note saying whoops sorry I bumped your car!

There was a witness and security had her license. Fortunately she gave her correct info and everything on the note, but our estimate came back at around $2000 to fix it. Wondering how she will feel about the cost, as she said she just wants to pay for it instead of going through insurance. We did take it in and get a police report done already just in case, but geez.

This was no bump. It looks like she hit him and just kept going. Oh our beautiful sweet sexy car. (Infiniti g35x.)
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    wolfwoman likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hit it really good!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yeesh, that's a good "bump".

Car work is so expensive. Last fender bender (was lightly rear-ended at a red light two months ago) cost $1000 and it wasn't much of anything too visible. And they just drove away!

At least she left her info!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh wow, she may want to go through insurance after she hears what the cost will be on that repair! At least she left her correct details, not like the a&*holes in the parking lot who scratch your car & leave door dings. Sometimes I see people opening their door so wide they hit the car next to them, and then they look around to make sure nobody is watching them - no note - nothing. terrible!

My neighbors kid was throwing rocks and it hit my back window (I drive a convertible), she told me she was sorry and that she will pay for the damages and to bring her the estimate, long story short, the repair (of a window yes) was $3,800 .. can you believe it! and so then she decided she will be going through insurance after all

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Some idiot backed right into me in a parking lot a few years ago too, I was in my new car at the time... it was in 2009 and my car was a 2 week old Dodge Avenger...... cracked my back bumper I was so mad!!! I hate parking lots so bad. Between the morons who don't know how to park, and the shopping carts and then of course the random idiots ( had some tool throw a beer bottle at my jeep in a parking lot one time ) I hate being in them period. I always park far away even if it means having to walk, less chance getting hit in the less crowded areas.
    matrix82 and nessa23 like this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Reading posts like this makes me glad I no longer own a car, or drive for that matter.
    Sorry to hear about all of these accidents and damages.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Ouch. That sure is a nice "bump".

I always park in the "Dent Free Zone"... waaay in the back of the lot.

Hope your Car feels better soon!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Some idiot backed right into me in a parking lot a few years ago too, I was in my new car at the time... it was in 2009 and my car was a 2 week old Dodge Avenger...... cracked my back bumper I was so mad!!! I hate parking lots so bad. Between the morons who don't know how to park, and the shopping carts and then of course the random idiots ( had some tool throw a beer bottle at my jeep in a parking lot one time ) I hate being in them period. I always park far away even if it means having to walk, less chance getting hit in the less crowded areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by SavenRaven View Post
    Ouch. That sure is a nice "bump".

I always park in the "Dent Free Zone"... waaay in the back of the lot.

Hope your Car feels better soon!

thing was... he does park way in the back. that car is his second love.

such an unfortunate event
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh that sucks. I wonder how fast she was going through the parking lot when she clipped you. Glad she left her information, sucks to have it happen though.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ouch, that's too bad - but you are lucky she left the right info, instead of a 'fake' note, which I've heard of happening.

One tip from me, though - don't let her pay for it on the side! It's better for you, and protects you, if it goes through her insurance.

We had this happen a few years ago when a guy hit my son's car which was parked in front of our house. The dad of the guy driving wanted to keep it out of insurance, to protect him, but we made sure it went through insurance. The guy was not happy, but too bad...
    wolfwoman likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mistakes happen and she owned up to it. She sounds honest so if she wants to pay out of pocket, that should be her choice. Insurance companies really like to screw people so that it ends up costing more in increases than the original repair would have been.
    ninna likes this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Ouch, that's too bad - but you are lucky she left the right info, instead of a 'fake' note, which I've heard of happening.

One tip from me, though - don't let her pay for it on the side! It's better for you, and protects you, if it goes through her insurance.

We had this happen a few years ago when a guy hit my son's car which was parked in front of our house. The dad of the guy driving wanted to keep it out of insurance, to protect him, but we made sure it went through insurance. The guy was not happy, but too bad...
    thing is, it happened in a parking lot, so its a no-fault claim. so we would have to pay a deductible. cannot afford it right now. sigh. i think she will pay for it without a hassle but we will see

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I work in a mall and I was standing outside my backdoor having a cigarette, my car was parked maybe 50 meters away and some idiot FLUNG their door open and I heard it hit my car. Left a ding like an inch long, the nerve of some people!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I work in a mall and I was standing outside my backdoor having a cigarette, my car was parked maybe 50 meters away and some idiot FLUNG their door open and I heard it hit my car. Left a ding like an inch long, the nerve of some people!
    Did you say anything? I saw this once happen to my car, no mark - luckily, but I made sure to tell the guy next time he should open the door a little wider - he was pretty embarassed
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I also love the people who practice Parking in full parking lots - yes we all have to start somewhere but go to a vacant lot at least !
    francine1985 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information