User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Heavy perfume

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Expired
    I am not understanding why there are so many females loading themselves up with so much perfume that it's as though they bathed in it!

Less is more!

A little spritz works just fine, but when you're doused in it, those of us with allergies or asthma can't breathe when you are anywhere near us; you really could kill a person you know.

Even worse, is the heavy perfume users that smoke and are attempting to cover up the smell of smoke; here's a hint for you...

Take a dirty ashtray with ashes & butts in it, now pour in some of your favourite perfume that you like to wear thinking that it covers up the smell of smoke, now sniff that wet dirty ashtray - that's what you actually smell like.

Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with smelling nice when you go out, or when you're at work, but please try to be more mindful of others around you who have to suffer the strong scent and perhaps might actually have an asthma attack because of your belief that you smell good.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I totally agree! I always wondered why people marinate themselves!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I actually had an mini-asthma attack in the grocery store recently because of this. I always carry my rescue inhaler everywhere I go because I just never know when I will end up around someone who has doused themselves in perfume.

Very few men over-do it, it's primarily all females of a variety of age groups.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This is a peeve that's near and dear to me...I hate when people put on too much perfume. It's only good to get a slight whiff of the pleasant stuff as the person passes by....it shouldn't clobber you with a cloud of stench. I also don't like when perfumes interact badly with a person's body chemistry...on some people, certain scents do not smell good.

I actually don't wear perfume of any kind. I bathe, that's good enough.

As for men, I find certain ethnicities tend to overdo the cologne.
    Last edited by marstec; Fri, Nov 9th, 2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: typo
    Angela273 and hollyquaiscer like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am a perfume sufferer as well.....I do believe a lot of folks have been wearing their favourite scent for so long that they no longer smell, so they add more....or their 'old' sniffers don't function as well either........if that's the case, I can't wait till I get old so I don't have to smell you!
    And men do it too, some colognes are horrendous....
    Natalka and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

i went to the dr a few days ago, some lady there had marinated in perfume.....blech
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

oh, i've walked by quite a few men that smell like they've also bathed in cologne.
    the worse was one time, i was drving and I could actually smell the cologne of the guy in the car next to me!
    really??? through all the exhaust fumes etc etc....I could still smell his cologne.
    It was a guy that works in my building so I know it was his cologne and not some sort of car freshener. We all cringe when he gets on the elevators here because his cologne is so strong.

Scent effects people who get migraines too. One that sets mine off is the perfume Exclamation...boy oh boy..that one is the worse!
    Ps..im not trying to offend anyone that uses that perfume. It's just the one that gives me a headache!
    hollyquaiscer and littlebean like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

i hate it when people bathe in perfume/cologne, it makes me sneeze like crazy.
    gross
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

My office at work used to be right across the hallway from the women's washrooms. Then they decided to make it handicap-accessible by removing the door. Not only was I looking in at the long counter where you could touch up your makeup. One woman used it to 'refresh' her perfume so heavily that it forced me out of my office and caused complaints in offices ten metres down the hallway!

I'm not especially sensitive but that really stuck in my mind as a horrible day where I went home, wheezing on the burning sensation in my throat. I was so glad when I was able to move my office a few months later.
    hollyquaiscer and Decaf like this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree, I am a woman who uses certain sprays to make me smell nice but I do ONE spray not 100 lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Uugh I completely agree. There is NOTHING worse than the smell of old cigarette smoke wafting with cheap perfume. So gross.

Trading Score
    245 (100%)

We took the train this summer from Sackville NB to Montereal (21hrs). A few hours into the trip, the lady sitting in front of me decided to put some really strong perfume on!! It smelled so bad. Do people not realize that people suffer from allergies? Luckily we do not have perfume allergies, but it was still annoying. Then at about 2am when everyone is trying to sleep on the train, she decides she is going to start playing Angry Birds on her phone with the volume all the way up!! What is with people these days!! Put some freaking headphones on! Even my four year old put his headphones on before he started playing his game on the train with out having to be told!
    hollyquaiscer and Decaf like this.
    Get a full pair of glasses for as little as $29! The only place I buy my glasses. Super easy returns too - http://www.clearly.ca/refer/valerie

I love making my own beauty products and saving money. Go to http://www.well.ca and enter promo code panthera and save $10 on your first order.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The worst is Chantilly and Tabu. Oh My Gosh those two are enough to trigger a migraine from a mile away.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My eyes water and sometimes I get headaches from smelling perfume that's to strong.The worst was on a packed Greyhound bus this summer a lady sprays herself and her daughter with perfume and hairspray and she's sitting right behind me and I got the worst headache.
    hollyquaiscer and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    My eyes water and sometimes I get headaches from smelling perfume that's to strong.The worst was on a packed Greyhound bus this summer a lady sprays herself and her daughter with perfume and hairspray and she's sitting right behind me and I got the worst headache.
    On the bus!? That is so inconsiderate.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information