User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: Getting to Know You - week 12 - questions of the week

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Do you carry pictures or anything else other then money, cards in your wallet? Some coupons, mail key
    Favourite holiday song? Rudolph...I guess
    For the ladies - what is in your purse? All sorts of things like chapstick, nail clippers, nail file, bandaids, some coupons, phone, etc.
    How often do you take pictures (can be of anything, kids, scenery etc) every few days now that we have our baby
    Three words others would use to describe you? Organized, reliable, loving
    You can spend one day with anyone who has passed, who would it be and what would you do? My Grandpa who died when I was 3yrs old. Get to know him.
    Favourite candy? Milk Chocolate
    What colour is your winter coat? White and tan
    Do you give change to people asking for it on the street? Not very often anymore
    If you could change your profession, be anything at all, what would you be and why? I like my profession. I am a teacher.

What are your plans for the holidays?
    operabob, Natalka, Silk and 7 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Do you carry pictures or anything else other then money, cards in your wallet?

Coffee cards, Vitamin T or Vitamin I

Favourite holiday song?

Well, if Fred Eaglesmith wrote one it would be right up there! Any FRedheads here? Other than that and the complete polar opposite "Fantasia On Christmas Carols" by Ralph Vaughan Williams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib8LUJkMEjU

For the ladies - what is in your purse? For the men what is in your car? lol

My wife's purse.

How often do you take pictures (can be of anything, kids, scenery etc)

Do you mean with a camera or stealing?

Three words others would use to describe you?

Not him again!

You can spend one day with anyone who has passed, who would it be and what would you do?

Albert Einstein. Stump him with a Rubik's Cube!

Favourite candy?

Candy from Two and a Half Men:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3jHasc6a3Y

What colour is your winter coat?

Red with white fur trimming and black buttons, extra, extra large.

Do you give change to people asking for it on the street?

Occasionally if I think it's real but generally I donate to the food banks and soup kitchens. I used to volunteer delivering food to soup kitchens and that's where you see a real need to help out. Many there cannot function for themselves. Outside on the streets there are a lot of scammers. There's one slovenly guy here who stands in front of the bank maximum 2 hours as that's as long as he can leave his car before getting a ticket. He owns a condo and vacation property in Sechelt. I've seen him dressed up in the evening in a $500 leather coat, hair done up and packages from shopping under his arms.

If you could change your profession, be anything at all, what would you be and why?

Happy doin' what I'm doing. Only thing I'd change is I wish I'd started doing it sooner.

AND something different - One question you would like to ask everyone on SC (I will pick 10 for next weeks questions)

What Christmas song do you absolutely hate?

I'll start it off: Aaron Neville "O Holy Night"!
    Last edited by operabob; Wed, Nov 28th, 2012 at 01:54 AM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

A list of goals (just looked at them for the first time in a long time - it needs to be updated.)

Favourite holiday song?
    Mary's Boy Child (Boney M version)

purse organizer, wallet, foldable brush w/mirror, notebook w/ pen, fabric tissue holder, lip balm, reusable shopping bag, personal emergency kit, a mini flashlight, a mini tape measure, cough drops, a holder for less frequently used credit and loyalty cards, mini coupon holder for upcoming shopping trips, hand sanitizer (my purse is not as heavy as it sounds!)

right now not at all, will change when I learn to use my new digital camera

friendly, creative, serious

You can spend one day with anyone who has passed, who would it be and what would you do?
    my mother, getting advice from her

Favourite candy?
    not a candy lover... I do like most things marzipan

black

not any more, will give to street performers occasionally

If you could change your profession, be anything at all, what would you be and why?
    right now can't think of anything else I would rather do

AND something different - One question you would like to ask everyone on SC (I will pick 10 for next weeks questions)
    What makes you laugh out loud?
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, Dec 1st, 2012 at 11:54 PM.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Store specific coupons, store credits, a pen, receipts and TTC tokens

Favourite holiday song? "What Are You doing New Years Eve" sung by Zooey Dechanel and JGL! *Swoooon*

My entire life is in my purse! lol It used to be, but I downsized.
    Wallet, camera, cell phone, lipsticks/powder, wet naps/tissues, a granola bar and a knife

Nearly every single day

Creative, long term relationship, nurturing

My grandfather and I would spend our day painting, baking and dining!

Favourite candy?
    Butter mints

Black

No, unless they earn it.
    If they're asking for change because they want to buy food they can have my granola bar.

I wouldn't want to change my profession!

What was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you and what was your reaction?
    operabob, Natalka, Silk and 9 others like this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Pics of my son when younger, receipts, medical info.

Favourite holiday song?

For the ladies - what is in your purse?

Not much, I barely ever carry one - wallet, fem. products, lots of tissue, lip balm, pen and paper, candy...

Every few weeks

Creative, loving, intelligent

My mom - we'd have afternoon tea together and talk, talk, talk.

Favourite candy?

Live wire candy - esp. blue raspberry and orange

Everyday parka is teal; dress coat is black (yuck!)

Nope

Crazy Cat Lady

What questions do you often ask yourself?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do you carry pictures or anything else other then money, cards in your wallet? A small prayer book.
    Favourite holiday song? Eight days of victory
    For the ladies - what is in your purse? For the men what is in your car? lol. I do not have a car.
    How often do you take pictures (can be of anything, kids, scenery etc) It varies
    Three words others would use to describe you? unusual, witty, awkward
    You can spend one day with anyone who has passed, who would it be and what would you do? My grandfather, and show him how I have grown as a person.
    Favourite candy? Anything chocolate, preferably with cream filling.
    What colour is your winter coat? Black
    Do you give change to people asking for it on the street? sometimes
    If you could change your profession, be anything at all, what would you be and why? I don't know
    operabob, Natalka, Silk and 7 others like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Do you carry pictures or anything else other then money, cards in your wallet? My wallet is bursting with receipts, business cards, and coupons.
    Favourite holiday song? Mary's Boy Child by BoneyM.
    For the ladies - what is in your purse? For the men what is in your car? lol I have a small messenger bag style purse filled with coupons, business cards, notes/lists, receipts, chapstick, pens, Tylenol, etc.
    How often do you take pictures (can be of anything, kids, scenery etc) Weekly.
    Three words others would use to describe you? Empathic, polite, friendly.
    You can spend one day with anyone who has passed, who would it be and what would you do? My very bestest friend, my father-in-law. We'd spend the day the way we usually did starting with a shopping trip for a new sweater, suspenders, or any other thing he liked to be spoiled with. I'd let him make me a tasteless beef stew (usually meant for the dog but, he'd share, lol). I'd put on his favorite Gordon Lightfoot cd and dance while mopping the kitchen floor as he laughs and makes fun of me. We'd end the evening over a cup of tea with stories of his youth. I'd tuck him into bed with his beloved little dog, give them both kisses and hugs goodnight, and tell him how very much I love him.
    Favourite candy? Frisk mini mints.
    What colour is your winter coat? Brown.
    Do you give change to people asking for it on the street? No, but I won't hesitate to buy them something to eat. If I notice they're not properly dressed during the winter, I'll give them my hat and/or mittens. And if they're regulars in the area where I work, I'll bring them warm clothing and boots.
    If you could change your profession, be anything at all, what would you be and why? I would definitely want to be an animal behaviourist and work mainly with dogs because I'm fascinated by, and passionate about, them.

AND something different - One question you would like to ask everyone on SC (I will pick 10 for next weeks questions) If you saw someone "losing it" with a child, a senior, a pet, would you scold them, ignore it, or offer your help?
    operabob, Natalka, Silk and 10 others like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Great answers so far!

Picture of BF and I on our first date, a pic of my doggy, a card with my families saint and a prayer, American money, coupons, recipets

Favourite holiday song?
    I'll be home for Christmas

Oh Boy - I am a purse whore lol LOVE purses!
    Currently inside is - 4 lip glosses, compact mirror, pressed powder, hand sanitizer, tissue, my kindle, my cell, gloves, a reusable shopping bag (it zips up into a bone haha), work keys, house keys, a pen, and random pamphlets oh and a banana.

Everyday usually of my fluff butt baby lol

Funny, lovable, caring

My grandfather on my mothers side, would love to have lunch with him and have him tell me of my mom when she was young.

Favourite candy?
    Skittles

Black

sometimes, if I have change in my pocket

A doctor or a singer lol
    operabob, Natalka, Silk and 10 others like this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Do you carry pictures or anything else other then money, cards in your wallet? Some bus tickets, a few coupons, and a list of emergency phone numbers
    Favourite holiday song? Sudbury Saturday Night by Stompin' Tom Connors (because Saturday is a holiday for me each week, and you never said it had to be a Christmas song! )
    For the ladies - what is in your purse? For the men what is in your car? lol I don't own a purse or a car, but keep a toolkit under the seat of my motorcycle.
    How often do you take pictures (can be of anything, kids, scenery etc) rarely.
    Three words others would use to describe you? stubborn. determined. optimistic.
    You can spend one day with anyone who has passed, who would it be and what would you do? I would meet my Mom's dad who died 10 years before I was born. We'd just hang out.
    Favourite candy? Tic tacs - particularly the fresh mint flavour, although strawberry mentos do deserve an honorable mention...
    What colour is your winter coat? black.
    Do you give change to people asking for it on the street? No. I normally stop and talk if I recognize the person (which happens a lot) and I wish them a good day.
    If you could change your profession, be anything at all, what would you be and why? The person at the hospital who runs the MRI or xray machine. If I had my education to do over, I would've gone to college for medical imaging, not to grad school...

AND something different - One question you would like to ask everyone on SC (I will pick 10 for next weeks questions) What is your favourite 'simple pleasure' (e.g., watching snow fall, the sound of rain on the roof, seeing squirrels playing in your yard, etc.)?
    operabob, Natalka, Silk and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Photo of my lady

Favourite holiday song?
    Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer

Sunglasses, for driving

almost daily...love my iPhone!

kind, knowledgable, resourceful

My grandma, I never really got to know her

Favourite candy?
    Nibs

I have two, 1. Black Wool, 2. Checkered black grey and white hooded

very rarely

Professional fisherman, with my own show...'nough said

what sensible request would you ask of someone, as you lay on your death bed?
    operabob, Natalka, Silk and 6 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Reciepts

Favourite holiday song?
    All I want for Christmas is You

- Car manual, Spare tire, Car jack and Wrench ... Other than basic needs of what comes with the car, I have sunglasses and tire pump. I try to keep things in my car to the most minimal as possible.

Rarely ... once in a blue moon

Caring, Loner and determined

My grandma, spend time cooking with her because I love her cooking when I was very young and she took care of me

Favourite candy?

Coffee Crisp or Gummy Bear

Charcoal Grey

No

Paramedics because I would like to save people's lives

Do you like to travel and where have you been?
    operabob, Natalka, Silk and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

WHY am I doing this! It's so late!!!

Do you carry pictures or anything else other then money, cards in your wallet? Receipts for purchases. But why, I ask you, do the receipts for groceries never get lost, but the ones for things you need to return never show up??!!

Favourite holiday song? I don't know the name of it, but it's the one..."..last Christmas, I have you my heart, and the very next day, you gave it away..."...not very Christmassy, but if I hear it, I'm singing it all day. Other than that....The First Noel says it all for me.

My wallet, keys, lipsticks and gloss, appointment cards, receipts, tissues...that's about it...I don't like a cluttered purse.

How often do you take pictures (can be of anything, kids, scenery etc) I wish I took more...so, not very often.

Three words others would use to describe you? generous, spontaneous, kind-hearted

You can spend one day with anyone who has passed, who would it be and what would you do? Wow. So many. Probably Ghandi...I want to achieve that serenity..

Favourite candy? Hard candy? None.

What colour is your winter coat? Steel-grey blue.

Do you give change to people asking for it on the street? Sometimes. Esp if they're playing an instrument....

We're retired. I'd do that again.

We're retired. I'd do that again. And I'd work on doing it longer.
    operabob, Natalka, Silk and 4 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Do you carry pictures or anything else other then money, cards in your wallet? No
    Favourite holiday song? Hallelujah on Christmas Eve
    For the ladies - what is in your purse? For the men what is in your car? Reusable bag, wallet, foundation, lip balm, moisturizer, Pez, hair clips, kleenex, keys, cell phone, mini umbrella, day planner, pen, mints
    How often do you take pictures (can be of anything, kids, scenery etc) Whenever there is something to take photos of
    Three words others would use to describe you? Spontaneous, dependable, creative
    You can spend one day with anyone who has passed, who would it be and what would you do? Grandpa, we would go for coffee
    Favourite candy? Smarties
    What colour is your winter coat? Tan
    Do you give change to people asking for it on the street? Never
    If you could change your profession, be anything at all, what would you be and why? Don't know I love my career!

AND something different - One question you would like to ask everyone on SC
    Favourite place to vacation?
    Lynn49, danger_dan and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do you carry pictures or anything else other then money, cards in your wallet? COUPONS, pics of kids, extra hair elastics
    Favourite holiday song? None
    For the ladies - what is in your purse? For the men what is in your car? lol Cell phone, iPod & earbuds, keys, lip balm, tampons, gum, reusable shopping bags, stickers for the kids, tissues,
    How often do you take pictures (can be of anything, kids, scenery etc) Every day
    Three words others would use to describe you? Quiet, easy-going, SHORT
    You can spend one day with anyone who has passed, who would it be and what would you do? gardening with my grandpa
    Favourite candy? chocolate M&M's
    What colour is your winter coat? Black
    Do you give change to people asking for it on the street? Sometimes
    If you could change your profession, be anything at all, what would you be and why? music producer
    Silk, Lynn49, danger_dan and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do you carry pictures or anything else other then money, cards in your wallet? Extra key for car
    Favourite holiday song? Last cbritmas
    For the ladies - what is in your purse? For the men what is in your car? gum
    How often do you take pictures (can be of anything, kids, scenery etc) once every two weeks
    Three words others would use to describe you? Sensitive, trustworthy and polite
    You can spend one day with anyone who has passed, who would it be and what would you do? Family member
    Favourite candy? Kitkat
    What colour is your winter coat? Blaaaack
    Do you give change to people asking for it on the street? Never have
    If you could change your profession, be anything at all, what would you be and why? work in the media
    Silk, Lynn49, danger_dan and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information