User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: People with sticky fingers!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

REALLLLLLLY mad right now.

I just got home from picking my daughter up from gymnastics.
    She was taking her sweet time getting changed, so I asked her what the hold up was....and what does she tell me?
    She cannot find her jeans!

They have a change room where everyone keeps their clothes while they train, and she left her pants and shirt stuffed in her boots because her bag is in the laundry. So, someone had to have grabbed the pants and taken them out of her boots, because it would not have just fallen out.
    This is not even the first thing that she has had there that was stolen, last year her body suit and shorts were stolen right out of her bag.
    These were nice jeans, and not cheap!

I had to wrap my sweater around her to cover her up so she could walk through the waiting room and to the car.
    She was so embarrassed.....7 YO wandering around looking for her clothes in her underwear and a tshirt.

I am going to have to start taking her clothes, coat and boots with me when I drop her off and bring them back when I pick her up.

OHHHHH so mad!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Angela273, SFARAZ and wolfwoman like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

oh that is too bad.. poor thing.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Weird that a seven-year-old would steal jeans... I could see an older kid with light fingers taking cool, expensive, brand-name jeans, but a child in grade 2? Seems really strange!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    Weird that a seven-year-old would steal jeans... I could see an older kid with light fingers taking cool, expensive, brand-name jeans, but a child in grade 2? Seems really strange!
    Last year when her suit and shorts went missing, I thought the same thing.
    However in the past year, the girls have had cell phones stolen, boots and other gym suits.
    It is at the point where they have told the girls that no one is allowed in the change room unless they are coming or going....but they still do.

This is competitive gymnastics. My daughter is at the beginning level and it costs a car payment every month for her to be in it. The girls that go here are not poor kids and there is a lot of pressure on them to be thin and to win, so I am not surprised that it happened.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

D they not provide lockers in the change room? If so, you should buy her a lock and have her lock all her things in the locker. If not, I guess you're in charge of her clothes. It's not nice for someone to do that, but unfortunately it happend more often then we would like to think.

when one of my dd's was young, she went on a ski trip with her class. She had a brand new pair of expensive winter boots, and when they came back from skiing, all that was there for her was an old pair of boots that didn't even fit her.

it makes me angry that someone would even think of doing this to a child...grrrrr
    Insane likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sadly I am not surprised to hear this, a lot of time when you hear stories like this it is not the child who could not afford it bit instead the child who has it. My sis went to school with a lot of "upper class" kids in town because of the high school she choose to attend and the stories she would tell would make my jaw drop. Funny thing is I went to the "bad" school and what she experienced at the "good" school with the "upper class" kids shocked me, guess my school wasn't the "bad" one after all, just wasn't full of "upper class good kids".

It also seems as though kids are growing up faster and faster and getting involved in things much earlier than I know my generation did and I will admit it, I am only 28 and it surprises me how much has changed even in 9 years (which is the age difference between me and my sis).

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    The girls that go here are not poor kids and there is a lot of pressure on them to be thin and to win, so I am not surprised that it happened.
    momof3heathens likes this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Put that way, it doesn't sound like a great activity to be a part of... to be subjected to that kind of pressure in a big way (money, things, thinness, popularity, sophistication, performance) beginning at seven is terrible.

Maybe find her a nice art class, sewing for kids lessons, or soccer team to join! It'll save you money, too!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Maybe it might be time to re-think this whole gymnastics club ?
    erin9mmm likes this.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Holly....so sorry about those boots. I can imagine how upset she was

Sarah.....I have thought about it, seriously thought about it.

Minou....Oh, how I wish it was that easy. She is the sort of kid that runs down the sidewalk and does hand springs instead of walking... If I could bottle that energy, I would be rich.

My parents never took the time to put me in things or to even drive me when I was able to do things on my own.
    So as a parent, it is very important to me to be as supportive of my kids in their interests as I can be, but to ensure that they remain positive and healthy.
    The girl is an athlete.
    She does arts and other sports, but there is something different about the gymnastics with her, so I have to let her make her own way with it, but be as observant as I can so she stays level.

We talked tonight about what happened. She knows that what happened sucks and that is is wrong to do those sorts of things, and then she let it go and refused to be upset about it.
    She was so happy and positive about it that it made me feel good.
    hollyquaiscer and nessa23 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Stealing her PANTS?! That's UNREAL. What's wrong with people? It's winter and she had to walk out half-naked. Poor girl.

I hope you filed a complaint with the people who run the place. And also make sure to tell all the other moms to keep their eyes open. Maybe the shame will prevent that person from stealing again.

If she loves it, it's not fair to pull her out of it because of thieves. Instead of having to babysit her clothes when she is practicing, maybe you can buy her a set of "don't care" cheap clothes that no one would mind disappearing. She could wear them only to and from class and no one would want to steal them
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Jan 7th, 2013 at 11:26 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very sad!

We talked tonight about what happened. She knows that what happened sucks and that is is wrong to do those sorts of things, and then she let it go and refused to be upset about it.
    Very very positive! what a great mother your daughter has

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Stealing her PANTS?! That's UNREAL. What's wrong with people? It's winter and she had to walk out half-naked. Poor girl.

I hope you filed a complaint with the people who run the place. And also make sure to tell all the other moms to keep their eyes open. Maybe the shame will prevent that person from stealing again.

If she loves it, it's not fair to pull her out of it because of thieves. Instead of having to babysit her clothes when she is practicing, maybe you can buy her a set of "don't care" cheap clothes that no one would mind disappearing. She could wear them only to and from class and no one would want to steal them

Its not always necessarily about stealing nice things, some people steal for the thrill of it, or atleast thats what TV says.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was other mothers who were stealing items as well.

I agree, if there are no lockers then unfortunately the only thing to do would be to take EVERYTHING with you when you leave (shoes too!) and maybe just leave it in a reuseable bag in the car for when you go to pick her up. Its not right but it may be the only option.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i hear you -peopel stealing clothing -uggg-my son had his clothing stolen when he was in the hospital many years ago at age 2-go figure

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Geez, that's just sad....

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Holly....so sorry about those boots. I can imagine how upset she was

Sarah.....I have thought about it, seriously thought about it.

Minou....Oh, how I wish it was that easy. She is the sort of kid that runs down the sidewalk and does hand springs instead of walking... If I could bottle that energy, I would be rich.

My parents never took the time to put me in things or to even drive me when I was able to do things on my own.
    So as a parent, it is very important to me to be as supportive of my kids in their interests as I can be, but to ensure that they remain positive and healthy.
    The girl is an athlete.
    She does arts and other sports, but there is something different about the gymnastics with her, so I have to let her make her own way with it, but be as observant as I can so she stays level.

You have raised a wonderful little girl and it speaks volumes to her parents, the way she was able to get past it and not be upset or angry. Kudos to you, your doing a wonderful job
    Teri623 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information