User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: Best and worse of SDM brands

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padfoot View Post
    I dont care that much but where is the $1 coupon from? Websaver kelloggs portal?
    Yes, I think so -- when there was a promo of Kellogg's coupons a while back

Silk
    Have a great life!

Expert in My Town :) thriftymom75's Avatar
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The organics Teddy bear honey Graham's & also the chocolate ones taste great. Organics animal crackers are also a favorite of my son's. I bought the simply food all in one pancake mix which was bland. Not good. Not much taste. The Walmart brand is actually really good and the big bulk bag from Costco is the best all in one pancake mix if anyone is interested . Simply food orange juice is just as good as minute maid. Simply food vegetable crackers are pretty close to the veggie thins. I don't their line of pop. I'm not sure the ones that we tried but they were both not the greatest so I've just never bought them since lol. Our favorite store brand pops are extra foods.
    Last edited by thriftymom75; Thu, Feb 28th, 2013 at 05:50 AM.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Expert in My Town :) thriftymom75's Avatar
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The shoppers brand of rice krispies treats are just as good as the name brand ones. Kids love these in their lunches. (got the 36 pack boxes for $1) stocked up lol.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post

Silk
    Aww darn, i probably wasnt into couponing back then
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just tried the Everyday Market canned peaches, and I think they managed to jam in more peaches (so less juice) than the Del Monte brand. The can even has a handy lid tab to open it without a can opener. The peaches were perfect. Will buy again.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    i second the simply food frozen corn! and i like their chicken strips too- all white meat.

as far as quo, i wish i could say i loved it. i got a few quo items at the post-xmas redemption and im not too thrilled.

the life brand diapers seem to be alright, we've actually never had a blow out with them but have had them with pampers and especially huggies. dd seems to have a reaction to life brand wipes though.

oh yeah, and i really like the life brand epsom salts.

oh yeah and the nativa tortilla chips...the multigrain ones...wow!!!
    Looove the epsom salts! Especially the eucalyptus ones when I'm sick! LoVE! Thanks! I totally forgot to add them to mt list for this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I tried the Quo makeup brushes and was very unhappy. They shed like a black dog in spring...right off the start. For a cheap brush I would stick to Annabelle...ETA: or Ecotools, SDM carries both
    Ditto. I just stick to my body shop brushes now. They're great and affordable on days when they do their 50% off promos etc.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I really like the Life brand toilet paper -- doesn't have the "paper dust" of Royale. Tissues are usually on sale for an unbeatable price, too -- and I like them better than Royale. Paper towels and garbage bags are good as well -- go on sale for less than name brand, and I like them better. Life brand baby laundry detergent is equivalent to Purex.

I don't like the Simply Food chicken strips. The frozen dinners, though, have real chunks of meat and vegetables (way better than Michelinas, and they look appetizing for frozen dinners. I second the idea that the white sugar is too coarse.

I know it's not a store brand, but I really like the Saputo shredded cheese SDM sells. It goes on sale often, and the shreds are substantial -- not like Kraft where half the bag is cheese powder!

I do like the big tubs of diaper rash cream. For $2.99 on sale, you get much more in the tub than you do in the tube, and it works as well as name brand.

Life brand kids' toothbrushes are good -- the bristles are much softer than Colgate kids' toothbrushes. I also like the Life Sunthera sunscreen.

Not too impressed with all of the Life brand candy. I'll particularly avoid the Life brand chocolate bunnies this Easter -- they were made of the cheapest, worst kind of chocolate. Some of the chocolate covered caramels from Life are good, but I don't like the jujubes or jelly beans.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Re; Life brand candies. I had the toffee once and holy smokes it was so much sticker than regular toffee. Tasted good but my teeth weren't happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    I really like the Life brand toilet paper -- doesn't have the "paper dust" of Royale. Tissues are usually on sale for an unbeatable price, too -- and I like them better than Royale. Paper towels and garbage bags are good as well -- go on sale for less than name brand, and I like them better. Life brand baby laundry detergent is equivalent to Purex.

I don't like the Simply Food chicken strips. The frozen dinners, though, have real chunks of meat and vegetables (way better than Michelinas, and they look appetizing for frozen dinners. I second the idea that the white sugar is too coarse.

I know it's not a store brand, but I really like the Saputo shredded cheese SDM sells. It goes on sale often, and the shreds are substantial -- not like Kraft where half the bag is cheese powder!

I do like the big tubs of diaper rash cream. For $2.99 on sale, you get much more in the tub than you do in the tube, and it works as well as name brand.

Life brand kids' toothbrushes are good -- the bristles are much softer than Colgate kids' toothbrushes. I also like the Life Sunthera sunscreen.

Not too impressed with all of the Life brand candy. I'll particularly avoid the Life brand chocolate bunnies this Easter -- they were made of the cheapest, worst kind of chocolate. Some of the chocolate covered caramels from Life are good, but I don't like the jujubes or jelly beans.
    Natalka likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I dont care that much but where is the $1 coupon from? Websaver kelloggs portal?

Silk
    Aww darn, i probably wasnt into couponing back then
    There was one via Websaver yesterday - Thurs Feb 28. It's a printable so maybe you can still grab one

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

There was one via Websaver yesterday - Thurs Feb 28. It's a printable so maybe you can still grab one

Silk
    Ooo yay! Thank you! I got some printed if only i had looked yesterday before my shopping trip to wm... Oh well.

anyways, back on topic, i also enjoyed some of the life brand candy bags, especially the fuzzy peaches and the sour gummy worms good cheap prices! Plus the bag is resealable.
    pippinelkhound and Silk like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love SF rippled chips! I didnt realize that they are so popular with SDM fans!
    Although I wasn't too fond of the roasted sunflower seeds. It's way too salty!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Bumping for redemption weekend!

Ive also been seeing good comments about the simply food pure maple syrup.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    dh always requests ripple chips and I think the Simply Food ripple chips are comparable/better than high end brands like Ruffles. They are cooked with sunflower oil so they have a slightly nutty taste (and this is a premium oil as far as chips are concerned.) Plus the 200g bag goes on sale for $.99. So, great product, great price.

Gosh is actually a Danish brand not an SDM brand, just an SDM exclusive.
    My Dh used to work for a chip company (not Ruffles) and they made their own brand of chips +store brands, using different flavour mixes/recipes. So SDM chips could very well be made by Ruffles.
    PammieD likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I like the cheese a lot, and the sodium level is prett good. Ditto for the kidney beans.

j

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Oh my gosh reading this thread has made me realise how many food products from SDM we buy and love. Way too many to list them all without forgetting a few but here I go:

EM eggs
    SF cheesecake
    SF chips
    SF prime rib burgers - oh my gosh had these today, amazing
    SF french fries
    SF pre-popped popcorn
    SF cheese sammich crackers
    SF arrowroot cookies AKA "baby" cookies
    SF chocolate chips for baking
    SF corn cans
    And thats all I can think of for now but I know there is definitely more.

LB paper towel
    LB Lubricant for bedroom fun (Its really cheap too!!! $6.49)
    Dee09 and padfoot like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information