Page 42 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree4771Likes

Thread: Spring into Savings - April Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Inquiring minds what to know!!!

What coupon are you hoarding (lol)?
    Natalka likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

For me it's the .75 Iogo coupon at our Independent grocers the IOGO drinks are $1.05 - .75 = .30 each which is fantastic better than most sale on kik and yop

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

thriftygranny likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My internet connections is acting up and driving me crazy.....

Question of the Day???

If you want to purchase something for the house, yourself, etc....do you save up the $, purchase right away, do layaway, put on credit and pay off at a later day?

What do you do with the $ you save using coupons and/or price matching if anything?
    It depends on how large a $$ purchase the item I am wanting is costing. Most of our purchases are bought on the CC's for loyalty points in various plans, paid off in full every month ( otherwise why bother? )
    For something say $1.00- $50.00 I just go get it ( sometimes but not always after discussing it with DH first), if it is more than $50.00 but less than $200.00 and it is a necessary item or something broke or we are all out of it or we just always wanted that and now it is on sale!! we try that thing where you wait 24 hrs to see if the world ends without having it, THEN we laugh and go get it anyway. ( we are hopeless sometimes that way, but not always.)

So, the money saved pm-ing, and using the coupons is not tracked diligently like some of you awesome gals but it all gets lumped into the one household pot ( budget ?) We never have too much month left at the end of the money ( like in the early years ) so it is working in our favour I suppose.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

It depends what the item is, I have an automatic deposit that goes into an account every two weeks and that is the money I use to purchase household items. Now that the warmer weather will soon be approaching (fingers crossed) I start to purchase 1 pair of shorts for each of my boys while at WM this way by the end of a month they have 4 pairs and I'm certain that some of my oldest son's shorts will fit my youngest son this year. Then I do shirts, etc.....For the clothing I take it out of my miscellaneous expense jar.

For things like furniture, pots & pans, vacuums, etc....I save up the money in the account mentioned above and then when we have enough we purchase the items. I try to purchase second hand first but like pots & pans I purchase brand new.

My internet connections is acting up and driving me crazy.....

Question of the Day???

If you want to purchase something for the house, yourself, etc....do you save up the $, purchase right away, do layaway, put on credit and pay off at a later day?

What do you do with the $ you save using coupons and/or price matching if anything?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LOL, j&c - I have two Chapman's coupons I've been saving for the summer - if we ever get summer! - to get my fave - best treat I have EVER had!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No choice but to save up the money to buy anything.

Using coupons and shopping frugally is the only thing which gets us through month to month - so if I'm using a dollar coupon on one thing, that dollar goes to buy another grocery item. No extras...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I wish! I really do not have all that many, when I get some I use up whatever ones I find actually useful to me, as the expiry dates are not that long anymore.
    A few medicinal ones that have high value and 2014 expiry I have, but I may never use those if I am not ill ( Cold FX, Cepecol, Robaxacet, )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Yes, its my little one with non verbal autism.
    There is a 1 year + waitlist for the assistive devices program.
    There is an app I want to get him but its $180 called proloque or something?
    Now I say get it even more.... The help and benefits that it will give and provide to your son far out ways the price, especially as it not costing you and DH anything out of pocket. It's a gift from his grandparents that will totally help and benefit him.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

My MarcAngelo $1 (no restrictions)
    Sometimes No Frill will have a $1 sale and the MarcAngelo kabobs goes on sale for $1, so I get it for free.
    We love these, wish I could get some more as the newer ones now exclude the kabobs.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Yes, its my little one with non verbal autism.
    There is a 1 year + waitlist for the assistive devices program.
    There is an app I want to get him but its $180 called proloque or something?
    Then definately yes. I think it's a fantastic idea. The SLPs use some app called prolo-something. I bet it's that. Can you get funding for it through ACSD or ADP for it? Do you have a medical social worker? They're usually fantastic at finding money. I know the one I used to work with was a miracle worker. She could find money for any patient. There is also PC Children's charity, but I think that's more for mobility aids.
    Last edited by Insane; Sat, Apr 13th, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
    Granger and jasperandchar like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

double post
    Last edited by Insane; Sat, Apr 13th, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Question of the Day???

Haven't purchase anything big for the house lately. I will need a washing machine soon, and there is no budget for it right now, so the longer it keep working the better (here's hoping it goes all year). If it does stop working before then it would have to go on a CC. And right now the plan is to try and get that down not up.

The savings that I get from using coupons/Pm is part of my budget. My budget includes my coupons and Pming.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i TOTALLY blew it today I had to drop an item off for a friend who works a fields and i wandered through to the wool asile. Found the prettiest wool and bought 4 balls when i shouldnt have boughten any. I guess i need to get on my crafts for next falls craft sale.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Nobody know your child better than you and dh. Specifically why does your dh think it's nuts to purchase the tablet? Given that such a gift is fragile and easily broken you and dh will have to put stipulation of where and when your little darling can use the tablet. I think he would benefit from it but the decision needs to come from both you and dh. I used to collect money from grandparents, aunts, and uncles for my kids it worked out great as the kids were able to get something that they really wanted which we otherwise couldn't afford. If you have an ipod or iphone does your son play on it or even a computer?

have fun in Cheektowaga, NY
    He is thinking because he is so young..both of us come from really poor backgrounds. Example, my DH and his brother were given a bike one Christmas that they had to share lol. I think that is where he is coming from. He also didn't think he should go to school this year as he wasn't ready. I'm more the proactive type, him more a procrastinator? LOL.
    I'm going to do some research before I buy. Likely not the apple version but I want it compatible with the educational apps.
    For now he can have the Jake and the Neverland Pirates ship I bought yesterday at Target because to be honest he doesn't know what birthdays are. Sad but true.
    Thanks for the advice ladies, I appreciate all of the posts.

Page 42 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information