User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: caring for another stray cat and kittens

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

hi again-on Saturday I happened to look out the window at just the right time to see a tiny orange and white cat passing by. I went outside to see if she would come to me so I could give her some food. she did and I realized she was pregnant and in labour. I locked her in a crate with food and water in the shop so that I could keep an eye on her. My dad phoned the neighbors and it turns out she was a cat that was dropped off on the side of the road by some idiot. She has been trying to get food from the neighbors apparently but I understand they didn't want to feed another stray because then she would never leave. she ended up here I guess just in time to get a warm shop to have her babies in. She is so tiny and terribly thin. Her hip bones jut out and it is sad to pet her because you can feel every bone it seems like. she is so sweet too. she loves attention. how can someone be so cruel? She was likely dropped off over the winter. I start to cry when I think of what she has likely been through. anyways she had 3 tiny babies who are adorable orange and white just like her. I have support from a local shelter that helped with adopting out the cat and kittens I had last year. it is so good to have that help with the food and litter. so I am posting this for advice and good vibes I guess that she will do ok. She was so weak after having her babies. it was so sad.

she isn't drinking much water and I am wondering if I should be worried about that?
    UPDATE MAY 4 - I have set up a facebook album and it's public so it should be visible to you all. here is the link. https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...0156696&type=1
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by dealsniffer; Sun, May 5th, 2013 at 12:05 AM.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bless you for taking care of her.
    Andit, dealsniffer, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wish there were more people like you

thank you for what you do.
    Andit, dealsniffer, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Deals. My son and his wife ended up with two cats because someone did that on the farm road. The neighbour took the mom in and when she had her kittens she found homes for all. She couldn't keep the Mom and one kitten though so my son and his wife took both of them. Beautiful cats. People are so cruel when they do things like that. Thank you for being such a caring person.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

aww. So sweet of you to rescue the momma and her babies. There is nothing more lovely than kittens!!!!

We rescued some kittens in March because their inexperienced momma abandoned them when they were only a week old. We hand raised 2 and my MIL hand raised the other 3 (bottle fed, groomed, wiped their bottoms--the whole nine yards!) Oh what a joy! They are the most loveable kittens in the whole wide world!

Bless you for taking them in and giving them a fighting chance!!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi Dealsniffer! What a love you are! If she doesn't eat or drink, there'll be a problem for her to feed her kittens. Perhaps you could get her to accept a little eyedropper of water from about once an hour or so. I don't know if you have any canned tuna or salmon but she might drink the juice. Good luck! She found her way to the right place, it seems!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, i am so glad for people like you and yes it is very cruel to do something like that. I am so tierd of hearing nightmare stories about childrens and animals it brake's my heart. Again thank God for people like you....God bless you....
    Andit, dealsniffer, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, good that you found her and could help her!

Hopefully she will get drinking; she def needs to be hydrated to be able to be well enough to feed the kittens.
    As avon suggested, try the tuna juice - our cats love it. Also, even some broth from soup.

Bless your big heart; hope all goes well!
    Andit, dealsniffer, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

thanks everyone for your kind words. I will definitely try the tuna juice idea. thanks again so much!
    Andit, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

What a shame. I say this all the time, but I don't understand why so many people think that animals (especially cats) are disposable. I am so glad she found her way to you - orange on a cat makes me so happy... and four! I'd be in heaven Get her and the kittens all fattened up will you please.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Bless you for being so kind and helping a poor young single mom out like this.If you do offer fish juice,it needs to be UNSALTED tuna or salmon juice only please!Yes.I know everyone's cat gets it and it doesn't hurt them,but this one is in poor condition and just gave birth-she doesn't need the stress on her kidneys from all that salt.Cats are desert creatures and drink very little water in the wild-give her wet food for the extra protein,and she'll get most of the water she needs,poor thing.
    Andit, dealsniffer, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good point, secheltsaver!
    Andit, dealsniffer, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Aw, poor Mama kitty. Here's hoping she and he kittens end up in a happy perfect home when the time is right (does Felix need a girlfriend? ).

Apparently, there's a new little stray who was dumped in my neighbourhood (neighbours have seen her, but Lily and I haven't yet, which is a good thing or I'd be running a cat house ).
    dealsniffer, Lynn49 and oscarandme like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Isn't it amazing how some animals find angels to rescue them, just like little Maggie found Holly.....how fortunate they are to have found you! All the best......I hope they all thrive...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information