User Tag List

Page 191 of 654 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Moving companies - since we are moving in a month I need to decide on a moving company from Hamilton to Regina - they all seem so shady and I fear hidden costs
    Ciel, beckie.c and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Couponmummy, as long as the generic medicine works for you, that is a great savings! Last year, I tried a generic tablet for Claritin and store pharmacy brand for Reactine. Crickets-nothing doing it for me. It's name brand or nothing when it comes to the rare need for antihistimine (when sinuses just won't leave me alone and I have to strike them back).
    anastasia1009 and toronto166 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    Hey, if you have group insurance through your company, you can get generic Tylenol for dirt cheap. I get headaches a lot. So my doctor wrote me a prescription equivalent of a big bottle of extra strength that normally costs $10 plus tax. I pay 50 cents tax free, renewable 12 times. A year's supply. No tax on prescription.
    wow, that is dirt cheap! I am actually looking for work, so no insurance. Just about to finish a degree and hoping to transition into the job market as soon as possible. I dont normally use medication, but like to have a bottle on hand if the need arises.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Picked up cold as soon as hubby left for a course. Now i am sick and alone, kids are missing their daddy, asking every half an hour "how many days daddy is going to take? Is he coming now?"
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

bought a new house phone last week, discovered that call display doesn't work in it - it works while the phone is ringing but once the call has been answered or they hang up, the number is not stored in the directory... emailed vtech and they said 2-3 business days for a reply, this was on tuesday.. still waiting for a reply.. i'm giving them til today and if they don't get back to me the phone is going back to the store

and house phones are bloody expensive! you'd think with the amount of people using cell phones now they'd come down in price!
    Natalka, Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

which is another rant.. finally decided on a cell for dh.. $300 we didn't need to spend....... wellll, we did but you know what i mean
    Natalka, Ciel, seylz_gurl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I lent baby clothes to my SIL when she had her baby 4 years ago. I had my second baby 4 months ago and she only returned a few of them. I know exactly the ones that are missing because they are the nice ones that I had kept in very good condition! She gave me the ones that she used for her first 2 kids, all worn out and not good to wear anymore. Grrr!

That same SIL never returned me some of my maternity clothes that I lent to her and I never had the chance to wear them. She even lent some to a friend before I got pregnant. My clothes, which instead of returning them to me once she was done with them, had the cheek to lend them to someone else. She kept them for 4 years!

I always think twice before lending her anything, then in the end I tell myself "be nice" and I give in. But I always regret it afterwards.
    My strategy now, only lend what I won't mind not getting back. The nicer things, I keep!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Harassing phone calls from telemarketers based in India/Pakistan, calling themselves Steve or Simon, selling air duct cleaning services!
    GRRRR
    Ciel, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Pc pls giving you a 2000 point offer for $10 worth of finish then putting on sale for $9.98 making you spend at least another $4.99. To get the points.
    I had an offer for 200 points for every 1$ spent on broccoli. they put it on sale for 0.99$ each.
    Ciel, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I had an offer for 200 points for every 1$ spent on broccoli. they put it on sale for 0.99$ each.
    what I did in that case on one occasion was able to PM the broccoli to another store that was $1.00 each. They probably thought I was crazy as it is clearly 1 cent more!! ah but at least I saved 40 cents in the long run, ha ha
    Ciel, francine1985, GoJays and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jina View Post
    Harassing phone calls from telemarketers based in India/Pakistan, calling themselves Steve or Simon, selling air duct cleaning services!
    GRRRR
    Oh!!! you reminded me the time " Sam " called us ( for the 5th time I am sure over the course of a month two ) DH was near me and as soon as the guy started up I screamed out to my DH " OH My God....honey it's SAM!! " " we have not heard from SAM in forever!! Would you like to talk to SAM??

I could not keep it up because I started to laugh, but yeah....their adorable phony names kill me!
    Ciel, GoJays, seylz_gurl and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    what I did in that case on one occasion was able to PM the broccoli to another store that was $1.00 each. They probably thought I was crazy as it is clearly 1 cent more!! ah but at least I saved 40 cents in the long run, ha ha

OMg that's exactly what i was thinking. But i didnt know that they can price match gor higher price too. But now that i know, i am going to do it now. Thanks for letting us know walkonby.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh!!! you reminded me the time " Sam " called us ( for the 5th time I am sure over the course of a month two ) DH was near me and as soon as the guy started up I screamed out to my DH " OH My God....honey it's SAM!! " " we have not heard from SAM in forever!! Would you like to talk to SAM??

I could not keep it up because I started to laugh, but yeah....their adorable phony names kill me!
    I usually just hang up if I haven't been harassed too much in a month. BUT if it gets really bad, I take a page out of DH's book and go all redneck on them.
    Ciel, GoJays, seylz_gurl and 3 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Couponmummy, as long as the generic medicine works for you, that is a great savings! Last year, I tried a generic tablet for Claritin and store pharmacy brand for Reactine. Crickets-nothing doing it for me. It's name brand or nothing when it comes to the rare need for antihistimine (when sinuses just won't leave me alone and I have to strike them back).
    same with me I picked up store brand clartin and for some reason my bladder aged from 40 to 80 - I was peeing ALL the time. I moved to clartin liquid and my bladder went back to being 40. The pharmist says its lactose filler and I am allergic to milk.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh man, that is the worst when you do something kind and someone totally makes you regret it. I had the exact same thing happen and had to buy new myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jina View Post
    I lent baby clothes to my SIL when she had her baby 4 years ago. I had my second baby 4 months ago and she only returned a few of them. I know exactly the ones that are missing because they are the nice ones that I had kept in very good condition! She gave me the ones that she used for her first 2 kids, all worn out and not good to wear anymore. Grrr!

That same SIL never returned me some of my maternity clothes that I lent to her and I never had the chance to wear them. She even lent some to a friend before I got pregnant. My clothes, which instead of returning them to me once she was done with them, had the cheek to lend them to someone else. She kept them for 4 years!

I always think twice before lending her anything, then in the end I tell myself "be nice" and I give in. But I always regret it afterwards.
    My strategy now, only lend what I won't mind not getting back. The nicer things, I keep!

Thread Information