User Tag List

Page 397 of 654 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 447 497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Not that I doubt you, but let me be the judge of that It's a double edge sword isn't it? You feel good that you look younger, then you have people that treat you based on you looking younger. Nobody ever gets my age right i.e. I am always placed in a lower bracket. It helps that I look after myself (am not a gym rat) by eating well, run everyday (in shorts vice spandex), can still complete a full marathon under 3hrs at my age, don't have a beer gut / muffin top

Good for you though sister
    LOL don't get me wrong, yes it is nice to look younger, but, when you have people treating you like you said a different way because they think your a kid/teen can be a frustrating. Even my voice sounds like a kid. I had a client call me at work, and, he thought he had dialed the wrong number because he thought he can called a kid/teen by mistake lol. I was like "whoo wait, yes it is me lol" and yes I sound like a child, but, I swear I am over 18 lol.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Fri, Oct 16th, 2015 at 09:40 AM.
    DaveP, Lyssia510 and beachdown like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am guessing you don't use the word "like" in every sentence like some people use the F-word? That in itself can make you sound juvenile. It's like, like, like seriously, like am just going to eat now, like what's up with that girlfriend..you get the gist

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    LOL don't get me wrong, yes it is nice to look younger, but, when you have people treating you like you said a different way because they think your a kid/teen can be a frustrating. Even my voice sounds like a kid. I had a client call me at work, and, he thought he had dialed the wrong number because he thought he can called a kid/teen by mistake lol. I was like "whoo wait, yes it is me lol" and yes I sound like a child, but, I swear I am over 18 lol.
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I fail to see how a druggie, gambler, pathological liar, messy, smoker...can be "incredibly" beneficial to me, if there is a chance they will turn into a liability in the future ?????
    Just because someone smokes, is messy, gambles etc doesn't mean there aren't a myriad of other good qualities that make a person worth knowing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 01:11 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Some of us men are good for that. I can never live with someone that just wants to stuff their face / are not very active / sit around and watch shows / and let themselves go. There is a lot of false advertisement out there...once people get married, they see it as free for all with food. Same way I could never live with a smoker, pet owner or heavy drinker
    There are also health issues like hyperthyroidism that cause weight gain that people don't know they have. Don't assume people are lazy or don't care or intentionally false advertised. Situations change.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where did I say "they aren't worth knowing"? We all have acquaintances, but do you want to live and do things with everyone you know? I'll never compromise on a smoker, drunk, crazy, liar, drunk, gambler as a partner is the point am making, no matter how good they are in bed.

If someone is taking more from me than they are bringing to the table...it's not happening period!

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Just because someone smokes, is messy, gambles etc doesn't mean there aren't a myriad of other good qualities that make a person worth knowing.

saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

[QUOTE=beachdown;6489120]Where did I say "they aren't worth knowing"? We all have acquaintances, but do you want to live and do things with everyone you know? I'll never compromise on a smoker, drunk, crazy, liar, drunk, gambler as a partner is the point am making, no matter how good they are in bed.

If someone is taking more from me than they are bringing to the table...it's not happening period![/QUOTE

I get what beachdown is saying here, if your giving 110% into a relationship and the other person is only putting in like 50% or is added things into the relationship that are not healthy for either party, then, sometimes a partner needs to look at the other partners actions and either work with there partner to better them, or, in some cases some people may leave the relationship/friendship because they do not agree with what the other person is doing or not putting the effort needed. Like if a partner is a drug addict, this can cause distrust, anger, disappointment and health issues when it comes to the relationship. So the partner in that relationship who is with the drug addict partner has to make a choice for themselves. Stay and try and help them, leave them, or be with them and let them keeping acting and being a drug addict. But, I think it depends on each relationship and what is happening in reach relationship. Every couple is different.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Fri, Oct 16th, 2015 at 10:08 AM.
    saundyl, Crochetlady and beachdown like this.

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    There are also health issues like hyperthyroidism that cause weight gain that people don't know they have. Don't assume people are lazy or don't care or intentionally false advertised. Situations change.

very well said.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    Sounds like a great guy, lucky you.
    Yes I am very lucky
    DaveP, toronto166, vw_girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    But you're not really giving 110% if your partner has a problem and you throw them out like yesterday's trash. I think in that case you are both giving 50%.
    I agree with you that, if your partner has a problem you should work with them to fix the problem or issues and not tosh them out like trash. Of course if you love someone full heartily you will do whatever you can to help your partner with their problems and work with them to better themselves. But, if your partner will not change, will not get help, or simply does not want to change for the better of the relationship after so many attempts by you to help them, then, the partner doing all the work to help them has to take a good hard look at the situation if this is healthy for them, emotionally and physically. I know love is love, but, sometimes if you truly love someone you have to do "tough love" to get them to see that what they are doing is effecting you and the relationship. AND if that means you have to remove yourself from that person's life to better yourself to make sure you stay healthy emotionally and physically, then, your partner has to understand that just because they have chosen to do things that are unhealthy does not mean you have to chose it as well. AGAIN it depends on the relationship and what issues and problems they are facing together as a couple.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    See, I don't think "tough love" is love. It's hate disguised IMO. You can cut someone out of your life because they are doing damage to you, just don't call it love. Call it hate and be done with it.

If the other partner is suffering with issues and you cut them out of you life, you are going to do a lot of damage to them. If you have to inflict that much hurt on someone because you have no other choice, don't call it love.
    I respect your views and thoughts completely, but, let me use this as an example:

If your with someone who is a drug addict, and, you have a child with them, and they are doing drugs in the house, were your child can easily get a hold of the drugs they are using and could maybe ingest it by accident. Or you can not have your partner watch your child because they are under the influence all the time and you have tried getting them help a million times, and, they don't want to go, or don't want to help themselves then you think that would be ok to have yourself and your child in that environment? The environment your partner has created. You have the right to leave and go to a safe environment for yourself and your child. You can still help your partner, but, you do not have to be in that environment to help them as well.

Also, let's say your partner is using heroin and is using dirty needles that have been used by others. You have an intimate relationship with them, and, you get something like AIDS/HIV because of that. Is that fair to you? No, not at all. All I am saying is that people have the right to be in safe environment at all times emotionally and physically. You can still help your partner, but, also in the process protect yourself.

Again it does depending on the situation and issues the couple is dealing with.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Fri, Oct 16th, 2015 at 11:24 AM.
    toronto166 and beachdown like this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

wanting ice cream from DQ, however they are closed here for the season.
    DaveP, Cake and toronto166 like this.

Thread Information