User Tag List

Page 405 of 654 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 455 505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    It's really starting to chap me seeing posts online about people complaining that Christmas merchandise is going up in October. (Not directed at anybody here! Just in general!)

Do you know how much crap there is go get out? Do you know how long it takes to basically completely rearrange large portions of a store to fit all the incoming holiday stuff? And then to put signs and shelf labels up? As soon as you think you've got it all up, more comes in on another delivery. And then you have to rearrange everything already on the sales floor to fit it all... again.

Basically, from mid October, overworked and underpaid employees spend their whole shifts every day working their butts off to get it all out and pretty so that in November when you're feeling the Christmas spirit, it's all out and ready for you. If we didn't start in October, it would never be ready in time. There's just too much to do.

We are not 6'2 'elves' named Buddy and this is not Gimbals. We cannot magically transform a store overnight from Halloween spooks to Holiday Magic. They have to overlap. Sorry that this ruins your life.

Next time you're in a store and want to make a comment about how it's wrong in one way or another to have Christmas things out before [Halloween, Remembrance Day, November, whatever]... do us all a favor and zip that lip. Someone's been working their patoot off and all they have to show for it is customers making snarky comments and glitter scratching up their retinas, in their hair, in their cleavage...

here here!! plus imagine the storage issue having to store all that christmas stuff in back rooms and up in steel rafters, while leaving these huge "seasonal" sections with nothing in them (or just filled with random massive items that just take up the space temporarily- walmart often throws paper products and large storage containers in the empty space in Jan)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

So as we all know, Trudeau was elected I guess I will have to hide my guns and accept all the new immigrants. But at least I will be stoned while doing so.
    Just call me Wolfie

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I fully get and understand that people do not realize what homemade items costs. If it is out of your budget fine but I just do not get why people have to be rude about it.

I have tried to stay away from asking people to buy the supplies only because the one blanket takes an extremely thick and costly yarn and some have already come back to me saying at Wal-Mart it is only $$$$ but they are not comparing apples to apples and I cannot turn an orange into an apple.

What gets me is I am not even factoring in my time and I have done my research these blankets are selling for over $100/blanket and most people I can find who make them are no longer accepting orders for Christmas. Just wish people would be polite especially considering in most cases this has already cost me money as I have gone out to find what you are looking for sent you photos to confirm that is what you wanted and if you want to back out fine but can't it be done nicely. A simple oh I am sorry that is out of my budget or one woman very nice, I love them they are gorgeous but I discussed with my hubby and we just cannot not afford that right now. Ok fine but do you need to accuse me of ripping you off?

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    So as we all know, Trudeau was elected I guess I will have to hide my guns and accept all the new immigrants. But at least I will be stoned while doing so.
    Think of all the crops you can plant on your land !

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Think of all the crops you can plant on your land !
    I hadn't thought of that. My neighbors will finally get into backyard gardening.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Yeah... I think a lot of people will. Can't smoke cigarettes anywhere but blaze up where ever you'd like! Totally makes sense.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

farmers need to be concerned about the potential spread of pests, molds and fungi from cannabis to their crops and orchards. Agricultural implications aren't even considered cuz farmers don't have a lot of voting clout and think of the taxes pols will pull in.
    macw1960, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 01:05 PM.
    Midnightly, macw1960 and MrsMer like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Manufacturers will not grow outdoors, just as they do not now. They grow in indoor, secured facilities.

It's still won't be legal for the "little guy" to grow.
    Just call me Wolfie

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    My rant: Yesterday while in my driveway, I said hello to the kid (well, young adult) who lives next door as she came home. She proudly told me she was returning from her first time voting in a federal election. I said "Good for you!". She said "Thanks! I voted for Trudeau because they say he's going to win and I want to be sure I vote for the winner!"

My inner reaction:

My outer reaction: "Umm, well, that's not really how you're supposed to do it...you should really vote for the party whose policies you agree with."

Her: "Yeah, I know, but I don't have time for all that. I just wanted to make sure I voted."

Me:

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    My rant: Yesterday while in my driveway, I said hello to the kid (well, young adult) who lives next door as she came home. She proudly told me she was returning from her first time voting in a federal election. I said "Good for you!". She said "Thanks! I voted for Trudeau because they say he's going to win and I want to be sure I vote for the winner!"

My inner reaction:

My outer reaction: "Umm, well, that's not really how you're supposed to do it...you should really vote for the party whose policies you agree with."

Her: "Yeah, I know, but I don't have time for all that. I just wanted to make sure I voted."

Me:

thats the tricky thing with making voting the popular thing to do... you can drive the people to the polling stations and make it super easy(polling stations everywhere, multi days of early polls)...yes you get a great turn out but in the end you cannot force them to get educated on the issues so in the end they are voting for all the wrong reasons which sometimes can do more damage then good
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    thats the tricky thing with making voting the popular thing to do... you can drive the people to the polling stations and make it super easy(polling stations everywhere, multi days of early polls)...yes you get a great turn out but in the end you cannot force them to get educated on the issues so in the end they are voting for all the wrong reasons which sometimes can do more damage then good
    Or...you know..they may just have different opinions formed by a different life experience than you..

It's not a lack of "education" simply because a person doesn't vote the way (general) you think they should..

I've seen enough people talking about removing the vote from people who disagree with them ...Primarily in the 2008 and 2012 US Presidential election..
    Mainly Democrat voting Women were targeted by both male and female Republican voters as being swayed by "good looks", "charisma" and all manner of buzz words to denigrate thier preferred candidate...

And these people were F#$KING SERIOUS about disenfranchising those who voted against the Republican candidates...

So ...No...Every-one who has the vote uses it wisely when they vote..Even if I disagree with them..And I don't blame a lack of education or being swayed by an amount of ephermia of one or more candidates..I realise they are different to me and heave a different vision for the future of the country...

And I don't discuss who I vote for either..I joke about voting for parties I would never vote for..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Manufacturers will not grow outdoors, just as they do not now. They grow in indoor, secured facilities.

It's still won't be legal for the "little guy" to grow.
    Lecale is right-Canada will not be blanketed in waving fields of wacky tobbacy any time soon-animals and humans both would decimate the crop before any potential diseases did.
    Personally,I think it should be like wine and beer.You could buy it from approved outlets in varying strengths and types,or produce a small amount for personal use.
    Medical users could get a production waiver allowing them to grow a larger quantity each time,due to higher daily consumption,under a permit process similar to the current/recently changed Health Canada guidelines.
    Restrictions on minimum age,of course- similar to alcohol and tobacco,and penalties similar to drunk driving,once they come up with a reliable way to measure the amount of cannabinoids present in the user's system.
    macw1960, lecale and dededi like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

macw1960, MrsMer and Candini like this.

Thread Information