User Tag List

Page 464 of 654 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I agree!
    ROMEO, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Call the store in the morning and tell them what happened.The cash drawer will be over.You should be able to get your money back.

I was in the bus when I noticed it as I took out my bus pass. There was no change! So I called immediately and I was told to 'come to store'. I went to store right away and they told me to come back tomorrow! WTF I know they could have audit it right away. I called today again and they said that yes I was right. Now I have to go back to downtown again. I complained to manager as to why I could not get the money right away. She said that 'audit' could have been done in 3 minutes. She said the cosmetics is 'new' and just been there 'for two weeks' and she is like 'thats all I can do'.

So basically I was running around for MY $17.

Arr thats explains why I avoid this Shoppers at downtown.

Picked up my $17; wasted half hour and manager said 'this won't happen again'. As if I am going to go there again!

I am blaming this all on annedougherty because of the hunt for NYX soft spoken
    Last edited by Arvilish; Fri, Mar 18th, 2016 at 08:48 PM.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Migraines that only sleep or hospital administered drugs cure. Neither of which are an option
    ROMEO, Ciel, Decaf and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Why is it so very wrong of me to expect people to be accountable for their own actions? If I can't blame society for giving me organs that broke down before their expiry date, why should society be responsible for your bad spending habits?

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Why is it so very wrong of me to expect people to be accountable for their own actions? If I can't blame society for giving me organs that broke down before their expiry date, why should society be responsible for your bad spending habits?
    That's right, cut them all off, show them none of the compassion or humanity that we show others or that you expect yourself.

Society should be mean and merciless, right?
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

A friend that asks for my advice only to ignore it once again.
    ROMEO, Ciel, iheartcoupons and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    That's right, cut them all off, show them none of the compassion or humanity that we show others or that you expect yourself.

Society should be mean and merciless, right?
    It seems that some aspects of society (ie government agencies or dept) are more keen on enforcing policies than showing compassion. Some non-profit groups or charities show more compassion. That being said, if the individual mentioned in a post is not acknowledging he's blowing his one month of money in two weeks of HIS OWN WILL, friends and acquaintances will not be keen to hear the same lament mid-month over and over. Some friends won't stick around if the matter of being asked for money comes from the same person (or persons) over and over again. So that individual has to 1) acknowledge his hands are on the cash and 2) he's responsible. Whether he reaches out to an agency or worker for assistance on budgeting depends on his priorities. Maybe he's trying to play the compassion card because he knows it's hard to make the money last and does not want to feel like that by making real changes on his end.
    Gail Vaz Oxlade had a column this month that was about why it's not practical to play the I-Wish-I-Was-Wealthy game (financially, socially and otherwise). I know I've had some occasions where I spent more than I could afford to appear like I had the means but it meant I had to cut back on food or something else. Gail wrote in her new book if giving $20 to help a friend in need did not put the giver in any financial difficulty, that's one thing. If giving that $20 meant the giver is going without food, that is fear.
    Decaf, toronto166 and Davetherave like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While doing a short spell of raking today, I discovered my parent has a stash of about 200 yard waste bags. Don't know what possessed him to spend that kind of money when last fall he was vocal about my not using HIS bags. That is why I bought 2 pkgs of 5 bags (on sale) last fall if the green cart was too full for yard waste.

My parent has a problem with spending-it's all about him and his needs. He does not budget and he blames other family members. No one is making him go to Costco and buy club packs (of wrong things occasionally-I don't do his returns anymore because that drill got old last century) but I have not been successful in convincing my sibling to rein in the family card access over the past three years. So when I hear that parent rant/yell about money, I remind him about what he chose to buy...
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Mar 21st, 2016 at 01:02 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    It seems that some aspects of society (ie government agencies or dept) are more keen on enforcing policies than showing compassion. Some non-profit groups or charities show more compassion. That being said, if the individual mentioned in a post is not acknowledging he's blowing his one month of money in two weeks of HIS OWN WILL, friends and acquaintances will not be keen to hear the same lament mid-month over and over. Some friends won't stick around if the matter of being asked for money comes from the same person (or persons) over and over again. So that individual has to 1) acknowledge his hands are on the cash and 2) he's responsible. Whether he reaches out to an agency or worker for assistance on budgeting depends on his priorities. Maybe he's trying to play the compassion card because he knows it's hard to make the money last and does not want to feel like that by making real changes on his end.
    Gail Vaz Oxlade had a column this month that was about why it's not practical to play the I-Wish-I-Was-Wealthy game (financially, socially and otherwise). I know I've had some occasions where I spent more than I could afford to appear like I had the means but it meant I had to cut back on food or something else. Gail wrote in her new book if giving $20 to help a friend in need did not put the giver in any financial difficulty, that's one thing. If giving that $20 meant the giver is going without food, that is fear.
    A single adult on welfare gets $681 a month for rent, food, clothes, everything. I dare say most SC'ers could not survive on that (and if you are taking in that kind of money, no doubt you DO NOT have an internet connection or computer). Should we cut these people off because they are not able to make that money stretch a month? Punish them because they did not come from a situation where they learned an expert, very challenging level of budgeting?

It's pretty disgusting to hear someone say, I deserve charity, but others deserve punishment.
    Ciel, toronto166 and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Apologies to those who are offended by the above. Long story short, an individual I know is blaming advertizing and lifestyle choices too easily made available for causing a mountain of debt (six figure income notwithstanding). No health issues, besides an over-inflated sense of self, are present in said individual.
    Crochetlady, Ciel, lecale and 3 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I wanted to register DD for tball, checked the website, and the paper activity guide, registration is supposed to be every Monday from 9-12 for the next four weeks. I go today, the place is closed. Google their phone number, get a wife of a guy who runs tball, and she says she'll have him call me back. He calls me back, tells me registration is April second only. That date isn't even mentioned on the website.
    GRRR! I am really getting sick of this neighbourhood!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I'm going to "toot my own horn" for once and say that I'm a pretty damn good cook....actually very good....so why does DH put ketchup on everything I make? I swear that man is going to give me high blood pressure.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    So I'm going to "toot my own horn" for once and say that I'm a pretty damn good cook....actually very good....so why does DH put ketchup on everything I make? I swear that man is going to give me high blood pressure.
    Because ketchup goes with somethings

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe his taste buds have changed with age.
    Or at least that's what you can tell him.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Campbell's Soup Kits. Sure, two bucks is a great price. And when you have a $2.50 coupon for one, even better! Then I took a really good look at the label ........... did you know that you still have to purchase a bunch of ingredients to go in the soup? I picked up the Thai one thinking that I'd have a delicious bowl of soup for lunch. Nope. I still had to buy chicken, coconut milk, broth, mushrooms and a lime. Two chicken breasts alone are nearly $10 in my store. That would be about a $15 pot of soup. Nice try Campbell's.

Thread Information