User Tag List

Page 483 of 654 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 493 533 583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Walmart carried it too, online all their links are not available

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

not nice how some folks treat cashiers. cashing in some of my FPCs that included PST which took a bit more time as cashier had to ask for help from head cashier. woman behind me was huffing and puffing giving the cashier the hairy eyeball and said how long is this going to take. cashier was really pleasant and said I'm not sure just a couple more minutes. umm, and maybe a lot quicker if you stop interrupting her.

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Walmart is now charging 5 cents for bags

-they don't even give you a heads up- it just shows up on your bill now

I don't know why I have a major issue with Walmart lately...

- Prices constantly going up (they used to be the cheapest for everything!) I would buy everything there. Now the "Sales" that are in their flyer aren't even a bargain.

- Every time I do go there the cashiers always ask me to sign up for their Mastercard (nothing against the cashiers themselves- i'm sure they don't want to ask either- just the corporation trying to get more money)

It's just not the store it used to be…high prices, no staff working, very impersonal

I guess the 5 cents a bag was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I am going to make a conscious effort not to shop there anymore.

But hey if that's the worst of my problems i'll take it…there's people out there with a lot bigger issues to worry about
    Last edited by ilovecoupons23; Sat, May 28th, 2016 at 04:21 AM.
    Ciel, GoJays, coupon girl and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^I have to agree that it is annoying that WM constantly asks you to sign up for their card. (the cashier must be told to do it.) It seems anywhere you shop nowadays they ask you for something or other at the cash.
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Sat, May 28th, 2016 at 09:09 AM.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons23 View Post

- Prices constantly going up (they used to be the cheapest for everything!) I would buy everything there. Now the "Sales" that are in their flyer aren't even a bargain.

- Every time I do go there the cashiers always ask me to sign up for their Mastercard (nothing against the cashiers themselves- i'm sure they don't want to ask either- just the corporation trying to get more money)

It's just not the store it used to be…high prices, no staff working, very impersonal

I guess the 5 cents a bag was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I am going to make a conscious effort not to shop there anymore.

But hey if that's the worst of my problems i'll take it…there's people out there with a lot bigger issues to worry about
    It's because they have zero competition and they know that! People keep shopping there despite their horrible customer service and are running companies out of Canada. I said this when target closed. Everyone complained about target and not being the same as the states (probably because we are Canadian? Lol). Walmart NEEDS a big contender for competition. I swear any time a bigger store tries to move in Walmart starts offering good sales or some gimmick "we will price match Canada wide!!!" To entice people back. Then that store fails and Walmart takes back their new policies. Can you tell I HATE Walmart? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel, GoJays, Midnightly and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

More then likely they track how many sign ups each cashier gets. My Mom does not work for Wal-Mart but again Box Store and they are given things like this which are tracked and if you fall below a certain % you can be written up.

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    ^I have to agree that it is annoying that WM constantly asks you to sign up for their card. (the cashier must be told to do it.) It seems anywhere you shop nowadays they ask you for something or other at the cash.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    It's because they have zero competition and they know that! People keep shopping there despite their horrible customer service and are running companies out of Canada. I said this when target closed. Everyone complained about target and not being the same as the states (probably because we are Canadian? Lol). Walmart NEEDS a big contender for competition. I swear any time a bigger store tries to move in Walmart starts offering good sales or some gimmick "we will price match Canada wide!!!" To entice people back. Then that store fails and Walmart takes back their new policies. Can you tell I HATE Walmart? Lol

I don't think there's any company that could come into Canada and compete with Walmart sadly. I try to avoid Walmart as much as I can but sometimes there really isn't an alternative.
    Ciel, GoJays and Candini like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I don't think there's any company that could come into Canada and compete with Walmart sadly. I try to avoid Walmart as much as I can but sometimes there really isn't an alternative.
    I rarely shop at Walmart - we have Superstore and that is where I do most all my shopping. We are minimalists, so we don't spend a lot other than food anyway.
    Ciel, GoJays, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    It's because they have zero competition and they know that! People keep shopping there despite their horrible customer service and are running companies out of Canada. I said this when target closed.

Same.

Walmart price matched every competitor to the point they went out of business (Zellers. Target. PC took out tons of stores. Tons of mom and pop shops) Of COURSE they`re going to up their prices. Just a huge coincidence? Isn`t that handy!

I hate walmart. It's dirty. Produce is always bad once you get it home in a few days.
    Ciel, GoJays, samm07 and 1 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I hate my neighbour though the Bible may tell people to do the opposite.

Seriously, he ruined my Saturday. I didn't like him before today because:

*His blinds suck and we can see on his big screen in the evening if we sit on the deck.

*His music is all Country, all the time. I can tolerate country, but this guy blasts it non-stop. He also boasts that it's the only thing he listens to - as if that's some major personality selling point. To me, Country and Hip Hop are total opposites except for their potential to annoy the sh*t out of your neighbours if that's all you play everyday and at the highest volume setting you can find.

* He throws loud parties several times a week, into the early hours of the AM.

* Dogs will bark, I get that. But this guy won't tell them to be quiet when they go off when I or my kids dare use our own yard. So we get a lovely soundtrack of country twang, dogs barking and his loud mouth blabbering any time we use the yard.

* I said he is loud. I must reiterate that. The guy sounds like he has a megaphone strapped to his face because of his LOUD TALKING ALL THE TIME with no volume control or filter. I know about his sex life, I know about his childhood heartbreak when his father walked out, I know when he lost his virginity and which broad he wants to bang at work. He didn't have to tell me. If my windows are open, I get to hear about it!

Name:  NO FILTER.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  19.1 KB

* He has fires all the time. Don't get me wrong, I love a campfire - especially at the cottage. Don't even mind it in the city, if done responsibly but sometimes you'd rather your home not smell like you've just gone camping.... or pot - when you have kids. Which I do have and he does that outside too.

* He doesn't keep his tenants in check. Whether it's their pets, their dirty diapers - I've found both in my yard, and cats in my house.

* He's a loud mouth racist/homophobic...after a few beers. (Buddy drinks every day lol).

Despite all of the above. I tolerate him. I don't call the city to complain because I can live and let live, even if you suck. Even if you're violating noise and fire ordinances, or are a loudmouth racist country boy. I have better sh*t to do, than call the City and complain about how you live your life (assuming nobody is in danger or being abused).... apparently he is incapable of returning the favour.

See - speaking of fire pits - this is the same guy that pokes his head over the fence like Wilson from Tool Time asking us if he can have wood, or if he can cut down some of the limbs on our tree, charge us for his time and take the wood. Um, no. We have a cottage - we need it for ourselves.

Anyway, so today this wonderful neighbour, decided to ruin Saturday and call the City to have a tree limb removed - presumably so he could get free wood from us out of the deal. Because a branch was close to telephone wires, the City agreed it needed to come down. So I had to spend my day calling arbourists (most of whom were closed) to come RIGHT NOW or the City was going to do it for thousands of dollars.

Also, he lied to not only the City but eventually the arbourist about his business. See, this d0uche-canoe is also a landscaper - he advertises on Facebook and the Web that he cuts trees down among other services and has pictures of before and after cutting trees down, boasting about it! Conveniently, his trailer and work truck, which are always parked in front of his house with John Doe Landscaping printed on the side, were nowhere to be found today when the city arrived. (Didn't prevent him from boasting about all the trees he cut down to my workers today though).

And I thought I was going to go shopping and drive up to cottage country (silly me) today.

Well, long story coming to an end, when the arbourist arrived for the branch, I told them to throw all of the wood on my side of the fence. Because f*** him. That's why.
    Ciel, GoJays, Decaf and 5 others like this.
    Get your F-R-E-E gift cards just by browsing online with Swagbucks. Click here to register now!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

here is my rant -I have a lovely set of white sheets I bought from sears 3 years ago -(I wash them every 2 weeks )and they cost me 59.99 so not really cheap ones either -not the highest thread count that's for sure -but the odd time when I washed them I would put a scop of oxi-clean in there(hubby had a bit of blood on sheets -cut below his ear when shaving) well yesterday hung them over my railing outside and they had a dirt stain on the hem-so washed them again with a scop of oxiclean and now they have 2 frayed holes and the material is thining -so pissed

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have hell neighbours too. Parties all the time. I call security every single time now, even if it's at 11 p.m. That's what the city told me to do after I called them frustrated crying after 3 days of no sleep that week. And it's working. The parties have reduced from 3x per week to 1x per month now and when I hear security guards knocking on their door, they do keep it down later

If he's called the city on you, I'd say that's open season to call him on the parties so at least you don't have to handle that. The other stuff -- if it's in his house you can't do anything, but for noise, definitely. The city won't tell them which neighbour complained. The cats in your house, you could probably complain to the city about too. My senior aunt found a neighbour's crazy cat in her front yard and that cat proceeded to attack her and she won't complain, even if she has bloody scratches all over her now. She asked the neighbours if their cat was vaccinated and they said no! You can't let that near your kids

Ask the city if you can do something about his fires too. Good luck, I feel so bad for others who deal with neighbours from hell too

Quote Originally Posted by frugallegemom View Post
    I hate my neighbour though the Bible may tell people to do the opposite.

Seriously, he ruined my Saturday. I didn't like him before today because:

*His blinds suck and we can see on his big screen in the evening if we sit on the deck.

*His music is all Country, all the time. I can tolerate country, but this guy blasts it non-stop. He also boasts that it's the only thing he listens to - as if that's some major personality selling point. To me, Country and Hip Hop are total opposites except for their potential to annoy the sh*t out of your neighbours if that's all you play everyday and at the highest volume setting you can find.

* He throws loud parties several times a week, into the early hours of the AM.

* Dogs will bark, I get that. But this guy won't tell them to be quiet when they go off when I or my kids dare use our own yard. So we get a lovely soundtrack of country twang, dogs barking and his loud mouth blabbering any time we use the yard.

* I said he is loud. I must reiterate that. The guy sounds like he has a megaphone strapped to his face because of his LOUD TALKING ALL THE TIME with no volume control or filter. I know about his sex life, I know about his childhood heartbreak when his father walked out, I know when he lost his virginity and which broad he wants to bang at work. He didn't have to tell me. If my windows are open, I get to hear about it!

Name:  NO FILTER.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  19.1 KB

* He has fires all the time. Don't get me wrong, I love a campfire - especially at the cottage. Don't even mind it in the city, if done responsibly but sometimes you'd rather your home not smell like you've just gone camping.... or pot - when you have kids. Which I do have and he does that outside too.

* He doesn't keep his tenants in check. Whether it's their pets, their dirty diapers - I've found both in my yard, and cats in my house.

* He's a loud mouth racist/homophobic...after a few beers. (Buddy drinks every day lol).

Despite all of the above. I tolerate him. I don't call the city to complain because I can live and let live, even if you suck. Even if you're violating noise and fire ordinances, or are a loudmouth racist country boy. I have better sh*t to do, than call the City and complain about how you live your life (assuming nobody is in danger or being abused).... apparently he is incapable of returning the favour.

See - speaking of fire pits - this is the same guy that pokes his head over the fence like Wilson from Tool Time asking us if he can have wood, or if he can cut down some of the limbs on our tree, charge us for his time and take the wood. Um, no. We have a cottage - we need it for ourselves.

Anyway, so today this wonderful neighbour, decided to ruin Saturday and call the City to have a tree limb removed - presumably so he could get free wood from us out of the deal. Because a branch was close to telephone wires, the City agreed it needed to come down. So I had to spend my day calling arbourists (most of whom were closed) to come RIGHT NOW or the City was going to do it for thousands of dollars.

Also, he lied to not only the City but eventually the arbourist about his business. See, this d0uche-canoe is also a landscaper - he advertises on Facebook and the Web that he cuts trees down among other services and has pictures of before and after cutting trees down, boasting about it! Conveniently, his trailer and work truck, which are always parked in front of his house with John Doe Landscaping printed on the side, were nowhere to be found today when the city arrived. (Didn't prevent him from boasting about all the trees he cut down to my workers today though).

And I thought I was going to go shopping and drive up to cottage country (silly me) today.

Well, long story coming to an end, when the arbourist arrived for the branch, I told them to throw all of the wood on my side of the fence. Because f*** him. That's why.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, May 29th, 2016 at 08:48 AM.
    frugallegemom, Ciel, Decaf and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Great, speaking of a$$ hat neighbours, I just found broken glass all over my balcony that I just scrubbed down yesterday! I scrubbed it on hands and knees too because the freaking neighbours complained that 5 drops of water spilled onto a balcony below and the security guards threatened to fine us!!! 5 Drops in 5 years we get a warning but parties every weekend and they let that slide
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, May 29th, 2016 at 09:08 AM.
    frugallegemom, Ciel, Decaf and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have an ear infection. Now I have to find a clinic that's open on Sundays for a prescription. In the meantime, DS has a ball practice this morning and I have to drive up the very large hill to get to it. Yeah, that pressure change will feel real good. Isn't this a kid thing? At least the ibuprofen is helping with the pain.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons23 View Post

i've always said my relationship with walmart is like the relationship with a very bad boyfriend, you go in with the best hopes and intentions that this time it will be different, you want to see the best but you battle to find a parking space that isn't a baseball field distance away from the doors, your car gets dinged in the parking lot, you get pushed around by other customers, your constantly dodging people or stuff left in the isles, you get stressed and frustrated unable to find what you need or staff to help you because ofcourse the 1-2 key items you went to pick up are not on the shelf (and hey! no more rain checks!), your putting up with things that you'd never put up with from other places, but because it's walmart you will put up with it and try to see the best (hey we're saving a few bucks!).. then you go through the till with a stressed out under paid cashier(who also has been putting up with annoyed customers all day), getting frustrated if you dare try to do anything other then the status quo (try to price match, have a coupon, question a price...), then you walk out of the store load the bags into your car hoping they won't rip asking yourself why you went through that YET again... only to realise the next day that you have to go back to get the thing you missed, or return the toy that broke

i dread walmart trip days
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information