User Tag List

Page 533 of 654 FirstFirst ... 33 433 483 523 531 532 533 534 535 543 583 633 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am annoyed and a bit insulted. We need new tires, doesn't have to be snow tires, all season radials are fine, but we NEED them now. DH does not want me to drive the very short distance to the Dealership where we bought the vehicle to have this done. My thinking is it would be all good to go for him when it is time for his long treacherous drive to work tonight......ugh!! men!!
    JadeAngel, Ciel, Candini and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

When your kids are driving absolutely crazy and you keep saying "at least it's Tuesday almost at the half way mark" (hubby has Fridays off) and then you finally realize no, it's 10am on Monday. The week has JUST begun. Fml..... ffffmmmmmllllllll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel and GatineauGirl like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My better-half just emailed me from working saying that we are now committed to buying toques and mittens for 3 kids ages 4,5 and 6 for the workplace Christmas hamper for charity. I have already shelled-out for 2 bottles of wine for the Christmas party, and we have to pay for breakfast for a whole bunch of employees for Christmas. I know I am sounding like Scrooge here, but for crying out loud.... MY WALLET CANNOT SUSTAIN this. I just have to vent somewhere....this is so hard because I struggle to save pennies. I just want to cry. It feels like all my hard work trying to save just goes out the window; it feels like everything I do is taken for granted. I am the one who has to buy this stuff from the household budget. I won't buy myself a coffee when I'm out because I don't want to 'waste' that money. I QUIT! Bah, humbug. We already give so much to the United Way and other charities. And I feel so guilty for feeling like this.... Thank you for this place to let off some steam....much appreciated!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For all the above rants. Sort of need that CAA slogan: making bad days good and good days better.

I feel that stores offering online ordering need to consider why they are sending daily or more frequent emails to push delivery or orders if the fulfillment part is not ramped up to provide delivery within the usual 24h/3 business day turnaround time.

Well, since the cold weather is here and I am still dishwashing without gloves, I have a little hangnail on every single digit. Only on occasion do I remember to put on moisturizer but golly 10 hangnails and skin that is dried out-a Vaseline spa hour is needed. Hangnails tend to like to snag on fabrics, sleeves, fleece mitt interiors-ouch sometimes.
    GoJays, walkonby and GatineauGirl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    My better-half just emailed me from working saying that we are now committed to buying toques and mittens for 3 kids ages 4,5 and 6 for the workplace Christmas hamper for charity. I have already shelled-out for 2 bottles of wine for the Christmas party, and we have to pay for breakfast for a whole bunch of employees for Christmas. I know I am sounding like Scrooge here, but for crying out loud.... MY WALLET CANNOT SUSTAIN this. I just have to vent somewhere....this is so hard because I struggle to save pennies. I just want to cry. It feels like all my hard work trying to save just goes out the window; it feels like everything I do is taken for granted. I am the one who has to buy this stuff from the household budget. I won't buy myself a coffee when I'm out because I don't want to 'waste' that money. I QUIT! Bah, humbug. We already give so much to the United Way and other charities. And I feel so guilty for feeling like this.... Thank you for this place to let off some steam....much appreciated!
    You are not alone in your dilemma. You may like to inform DH due to those extra $ commitments (tally it if need be and put it on paper), your household is going to go without something this month to balance the cash outflow and maybe even next month but you will make sure to treat yourself to that coffee or whatever you have not had for yourself. Maybe DH will get it when he has to make the cash from selling something of his to cover the difference.
    DaveP, wolfwoman and GatineauGirl like this.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People who walk their dogs on the sidewalks
    and expect you to yield right of way to a friggin' dog.
    Natalka, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

today at metro there was a older man in line behind me. his smell of garlic was bad enough but this guy was practically ON ME. F&^KK! why do i attract all these freaks?? & dont even get me started about the BUS.
    Last edited by couponlady; Tue, Dec 13th, 2016 at 08:40 AM.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Same goes for the ones who refuse to yield and expect you to walk in a large puddle or on the road so they can have more personal space
    Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    Ciel, GoJays, DaveP and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Well, since the cold weather is here and I am still dishwashing without gloves, I have a little hangnail on every single digit. Only on occasion do I remember to put on moisturizer but golly 10 hangnails and skin that is dried out-a Vaseline spa hour is needed. Hangnails tend to like to snag on fabrics, sleeves, fleece mitt interiors-ouch sometimes.
    when i get them i put some "new skin" on them, it helps significantly, it's like a liquid bandaid, i use it all the time, it creates a barrier, keeps them down so they can heal and doesn't wash off or saturate like a bandaid would.. i've been using it for easily 10yrs now it works wonders on paper cuts too a little bottle goes a long way (can easily last a year) you can buy it at walmart in the pharmacy area near the bandaids (i think walmart is one of the few places that sell it) and it's under $6 i think
    Tweets77, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    when i get them i put some "new skin" on them, it helps significantly, it's like a liquid bandaid, i use it all the time, it creates a barrier, keeps them down so they can heal and doesn't wash off or saturate like a bandaid would.. i've been using it for easily 10yrs now it works wonders on paper cuts too a little bottle goes a long way (can easily last a year) you can buy it at walmart in the pharmacy area near the bandaids (i think walmart is one of the few places that sell it) and it's under $6 i think
    That's good to know....thanks for sharing!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Same goes for the ones who refuse to yield and expect you to walk in a large puddle or on the road so they can have more personal space

Groups of people who walk side-by-side rather than single file when a person is approaching them. I just shove right through them, I`m not walking in the snow/slush/puddles.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People who don't know how to park in their own driveways
    so when they have visitors the visitor is forced to park on the road.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Groups of people who walk side-by-side rather than single file when a person is approaching them. I just shove right through them, I`m not walking in the snow/slush/puddles.

Im one of those people... to be fair my kids are 4 and 7 they both have to hold my hand or the 4 year old is in the stroller in front of me while 7 year old is beside me holding the stroller. (Depending on weather, rain/puddles or snow/sidewalks that are NOT plowed we use the stroller otherwise he walks too.) I'm not having my kids walk in traffic or climb snow banks. That being said we usually stop as close to the snowbank as possible and bunch up if people want to pass. If hubby isn't working and we all go out we both hold a kids hand (or again ds2 is being pushed in the stroller depending on weather) and walk with me and a kid in front and dh with the other kid in the back. I think when it comes to the safety of children, handicapped, or the elderly (I have seen people helping support elderly with canes/walkers get through the snow) who need the stability and support they take priority. However if it's a group of able bodied adults or teenagers that's just being rude and inconsiderate on their part.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and GatineauGirl like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Nearing one section of sidewalks, I saw a pedestrian coming the other way with a large black dog and the leash distance between the two ensured they had both sides of the sidewalk. I was not going to way their way and scrambled in another direction.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Sorry RL but I am one of those people. Just because they walk on 4 legs and not 2 doesn't mean they are worth less than you ( not personally, I mean in general).
    Just call me Wolfie

Thread Information