User Tag List

Page 81 of 654 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 581 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am so tired of people being rude to me BECAUSE I had the nerve to say EXCUSE ME!!!!

Next time I'll silently knock you over then!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I used to have a "friend" like this. She'd always dump her kid on the first person she'd see so she could go out and party. Then she'd post on Facebook "OMG I can't afford to buy her new shoes! Will someone help me or she won't be able to take her first steps"

Just a load of crap, especially because her mom would've helped her out just fine if she had asked.
    We don't talk to her anymore because I was tired of being guilt tripped into buying her child things and then being made to feel bad about not watching her kid while she went out to party.

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    This freaking girl I've known since I was a kid.
    she is on assistance with a 3 year old, she has NO reason why she can't work. She is always going out an leaving her kid at her moms.
    She is constantly posting crap on Facebook asking for hand outs. Stupid ass things like...

Oh, I guess xxx isn't going trick or treating this year because I can't afford a costume. Does someone want to buy her one?! I'm a failure.

Xxx won't be able to see Santa at the mall this year because I don't have any money. Can someone pay for a picture for her so she has the memory?

I can't afford to buy a new snowsuit and boots or xxx, does anyone have some like new items I can have?!

I REALLY want to buy this gift online for xxx but I don't have a credit card! Does anyone have one and able to order the gift for me?!?

Are you kidding me?!? You are a loser. Get off your butt, get a job. Stop playing this "oh if you don't help me my child will miss out". That's you're problem not everyone else's. maybe you should learn to be an adult and a good parent....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughters best friends mom is like this. She tried sooooooo hard to be my friend, but after hearing her life story, I chose to keep a friendship with her at the level of us being friendly when we chat.....no socializing. There are way too many people like that in the world and it makes me mad.

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    This freaking girl I've known since I was a kid.
    she is on assistance with a 3 year old, she has NO reason why she can't work. She is always going out an leaving her kid at her moms.
    She is constantly posting crap on Facebook asking for hand outs. Stupid ass things like...

Oh, I guess xxx isn't going trick or treating this year because I can't afford a costume. Does someone want to buy her one?! I'm a failure.

Xxx won't be able to see Santa at the mall this year because I don't have any money. Can someone pay for a picture for her so she has the memory?

I can't afford to buy a new snowsuit and boots or xxx, does anyone have some like new items I can have?!

I REALLY want to buy this gift online for xxx but I don't have a credit card! Does anyone have one and able to order the gift for me?!?

Are you kidding me?!? You are a loser. Get off your butt, get a job. Stop playing this "oh if you don't help me my child will miss out". That's you're problem not everyone else's. maybe you should learn to be an adult and a good parent....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

People who ignore me volontary when I talk. Pathetic neighbours who dont mind her own business,so tired of that.I said lound what I think about her and I hope she heared and STOP.no life,go buy one...
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Nov 20th, 2013 at 08:01 PM.
    Momof3girlies likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

10 out of 12 classes in my daughter's school has had lice warnings go around (meaning 1 kid in the class has had lice) none in my daughter's class yet.. BUT.. it's only a matter of time.. lice freak me out!
    Momof3girlies and Angela273 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    10 out of 12 classes in my daughter's school has had lice warnings go around (meaning 1 kid in the class has had lice) none in my daughter's class yet.. BUT.. it's only a matter of time.. lice freak me out!
    I truly sympathize with you. So glad those elementary grades are over.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My house phones(s) will not work since my power went out for 45 mins, neither my iPhone or my iPad will receive my emails, my dryer sounds like it's getting ready for take-off, I can't use my shower because there is a deer in it that we are going to turn into jerky and DH defrosted 10lbs of bison hamb at once, so we will be eating that for days.
    couponmummy and thriftygranny like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I truly sympathize with you. So glad those elementary grades are over.
    thankfully my daughter hasn't had a warning home yet for her class.. but it's only a matter of time.. i'm being a bit OCD, i'm on the hunt for a specific lice brush (there are two that have rave reviews) and plan on doing weekly brushes of her hair (and mine) and put tea tree oil drops in both our shampoo, and next time i'm at the dollar store i'm buying a mist mini spray bottle what i'm going to spray her jackets with tea tree oil.. i figure if i'm very pro-active about it IF she gets it it'll be caught ASAP (even sending a bag for her to put her jacket into when she hangs it up)
    Angela273 and thriftygranny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

thankfully my daughter hasn't had a warning home yet for her class.. but it's only a matter of time.. i'm being a bit OCD, i'm on the hunt for a specific lice brush (there are two that have rave reviews) and plan on doing weekly brushes of her hair (and mine) and put tea tree oil drops in both our shampoo, and next time i'm at the dollar store i'm buying a mist mini spray bottle what i'm going to spray her jackets with tea tree oil.. i figure if i'm very pro-active about it IF she gets it it'll be caught ASAP (even sending a bag for her to put her jacket into when she hangs it up)
    You go girl and be as proactive as possible, one of the worst things mom can go through.
    Angela273 and GoJays like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    My house phones(s) will not work since my power went out for 45 mins, neither my iPhone or my iPad will receive my emails, my dryer sounds like it's getting ready for take-off, I can't use my shower because there is a deer in it that we are going to turn into jerky and DH defrosted 10lbs of bison hamb at once, so we will be eating that for days.
    Oh my, living with a hunter i know the drill and I sympathize with you. My second oldest suffered a very serious eating disorder and she jokes it is due to all the dead animals hanging in various places during the month of November. On the bright side your posts on What's For Dinner should be interesting for the next few weeks!!
    Natalka, GoJays and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

we had to implement a 'no hugging' rule with dd for when she's at school.. she was sent home one day because she had a very mild case.. we suspected that she got them because she was hugging her friends that already had them.. gross.. so she doesn't hug anymore.. she was grossed out by the whole thing so i know she's doing everything she can to stay clean, so to speak..

as for the combs, they don't work.. i had to go through her hair by hand and pick the nits out with my fingers because the glue that the bug uses to stick the egg to the hair is wicked strong... had to do that for several days in a row, everyday until she was cleared to go back to school... most of the other kids who were sent home from her class were back to school the next day, while we kept her out for a few days to make sure that she was completely nit-free... i have no idea how those other kids were cleared so fast, unless the parents paid someone to clean up their kids, but then again you know how some parents are - lazy... ok, i'm getting off-topic here... anyway, good luck and i hope she doesn't get them 'cause it's a real pain getting them all out (dd only had one egg-laying adult, the rest were all just nits)

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    we had to implement a 'no hugging' rule with dd for when she's at school.. she was sent home one day because she had a very mild case.. we suspected that she got them because she was hugging her friends that already had them.. gross.. so she doesn't hug anymore.. she was grossed out by the whole thing so i know she's doing everything she can to stay clean, so to speak..

as for the combs, they don't work.. i had to go through her hair by hand and pick the nits out with my fingers because the glue that the bug uses to stick the egg to the hair is wicked strong... had to do that for several days in a row, everyday until she was cleared to go back to school... most of the other kids who were sent home from her class were back to school the next day, while we kept her out for a few days to make sure that she was completely nit-free... i have no idea how those other kids were cleared so fast, unless the parents paid someone to clean up their kids, but then again you know how some parents are - lazy... ok, i'm getting off-topic here... anyway, good luck and i hope she doesn't get them 'cause it's a real pain getting them all out (dd only had one egg-laying adult, the rest were all just nits)

yup it's one of my biggest fears her getting them... i never got them as a kid but i was never a huggy type kid in school (i guess it was a perk i wasn't one of the popular kids in grade school.. ) but things have also changed from when we were kids, they used to have the health nurse coming around and sending kids with them home.. they used to have to keep kids with lice HOME until they were cleared.. but they don't do this anymore.. it seems lice isn't a sickness/illness it's only an annoyance so the school cannot tell the kids to stay home i'm hoping at the very least by getting the comb it will allow me to regularly go through her hair atleast once a week (let her watch a TV show while i brush her hair a bit at a time) and the tea tree oil spray on her jacket and in her shampoo plus i pony tail her hair every day

it's one of those things we've had "the talk" about... why i check her hair regularly, why her jacket has to be stored in a fabric bag (that can be drawstring shut) at school, why her hair always has to be back in a ponytail and to NEVER try on another kid's hat, jacket, scarf...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Doing the right thing feels so bad sometimes!

Friend who works at bar called me to come help her with a guy who was very drunk and aggressive. WHen I get there, he is trying to enter truck to drive away. I caution him, he is grumpy but eventually he lets me drive him to motel to spend the night rather than drive his truck 40 kms to his oil rig he works at.

On a hunch, I drive back 30 minutes later and see him walking to truck. I call the Fuzz and wait but ended up having to confront him myself. He went ahead and drove off and I followed him, 2 blocks later the police (who know my car) saw me and arrested him.

Chances are, he will lose his license for a year at least, which means he loses his job.

It feels awful. On the other hand, he could have killed someone. Still don't feel good about it.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

you did the right thing vesper! sometimes the right thing is the hard thing, he's made a choice, he was warned and even helped but he made the choice not to listen

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Don't forget the bedding you have to wash and vacuum. The stuffed toys that she sleeps with, you can put them in an air tight plastic bag for a couple of weeks so they suffocate, and then put them in a hot dryer to loosen them from the toys.
    GoJays and vesper like this.

Page 81 of 654 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 581 ... LastLast

Thread Information