User Tag List

Page 424 of 654 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 474 524 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 9804
Like Tree37293Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

All my cheap gifts for the grandparents are costing me a fortune. I got a photoshoot of my kids done, figured I could go and 3.00 frames from the dollar store for them. Nope I have one picture going the opposite way than the rest and can't find a frame set up that way so I have to mat them myself. Now it's going to cost me about 30 bucks per set of grandparents(there's 5 sets) on top of the cost of the pictures.
    I've been collecting plain white mugs from the thrift stores so the kids could decorate mugs with sharpies. The oil based Shapies ended up costing me 16 bucks after a 40% off coupon.
    I redeemed pampers points to make them calenders, every year I've been able to use all the codes at once and only pay shipping once. The wording on the code was changed this year, so I had to order each calender seperatly and paying almost 10 bucks in shipping for each one.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What if I told you valentines cards are available already for those who like that sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    Can't believe they are showing Christmas movie on Showcase already, far too early.

Glad your parents are Ok Wolfie.
    Ciel, macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is it necessary that you get them "gifts" though, how about just cooking a meal for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    All my cheap gifts for the grandparents are costing me a fortune. I got a photoshoot of my kids done, figured I could go and 3.00 frames from the dollar store for them. Nope I have one picture going the opposite way than the rest and can't find a frame set up that way so I have to mat them myself. Now it's going to cost me about 30 bucks per set of grandparents(there's 5 sets) on top of the cost of the pictures.
    I've been collecting plain white mugs from the thrift stores so the kids could decorate mugs with sharpies. The oil based Shapies ended up costing me 16 bucks after a 40% off coupon.
    I redeemed pampers points to make them calenders, every year I've been able to use all the codes at once and only pay shipping once. The wording on the code was changed this year, so I had to order each calender seperatly and paying almost 10 bucks in shipping for each one.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Miss Manners advised to use a cool tone and reply "thank you for your interest in my personal life." Then change the conversational topic.
    Yes food is more of an issue during gatherings. This is why guests need to have some conversational topics to include other guests, not have them dreaming of waltzing and singing their way out of the host's residence just then.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Is it necessary that you get them "gifts" though, how about just cooking a meal for them?
    Could be a geography/logistics issue to get everyone together. But if they are all within 1hour's drive, just maybe a meal or nibbles and beverages during an open house would suit.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    We usually do a meal too. We see most of the grandparents a lot, and they buy presents for us and the kids(and buy the kids stuff through out the year just because)so I'm not comfortable with just doing a meal.
    I'm just sticker shocked I guess. I've done calenders, pictures and some sort of keepsake the kids make every year and the cost for all of it has been under 25.00/per set of grandparents.
    Ciel, macw1960, toronto166 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

It happened again -.-
    The same person - speaking about clothes. I actually said I was a medium just to potentially avoid issues but no I get ' are you seriously a medium? '

Realized I can't be snarky on demand. Sigh.
    Ciel, macw1960, Lyssia510 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    It happened again -.-
    The same person - speaking about clothes. I actually said I was a medium just to potentially avoid issues but no I get ' are you seriously a medium? '

Realized I can't be snarky on demand. Sigh.
    "Yes in kids clothing, aren't you jealous?"

I can teach you how to be snarky

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

"Yes in kids clothing, aren't you jealous?"

I can teach you how to be snarky
    Ha Ha Ha,you rock! I used to wear size 11 girls jeans,lol.I'm 5 ft.and light framed,and was about 30 pounds lighter back then.Could have used that line on a few people.Perfectly snarcastic!
    Ciel, macw1960, Candini and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Haha oh Lyssia.
    Perhaps she is jealous I don't know. Its just caught me off guard she'll be talking and being chipper then says something offensive
    Ciel, macw1960, Lyssia510 and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Instead of tabletop frames you can buy Dollar Store frames and link them with ribbon to hang on the wall, or buy the hinges separately and install them yourself. It's easy to do.
    http://www.houzz.com/promo/14056486?m_refid=PLA_HZ_14056486&device=c&nw=g&gcl id=CMyD_9LnpMkCFQiVfgodfp4EGA

Last edited by julies1949; Sun, Nov 22nd, 2015 at 02:56 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960, Candini and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Speaking of photos I'm waiting for DDs school pictures I ordered November 8th, paid shipping to have them here before this past Friday and ive received no photos or conformation email.

Once they arrive I still need to scan and print photos at Walmart (yeah I'm cheap. Whatever they wanted $50 for packages. I'm good with 10 cent prints)

AND I still need it in time to mail to Australia and Poland -.-

Until then I'm lounging in front of my tree and listening to Xmas music on the TV. How enlightening
    Crochetlady, Ciel, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Miss Manners advised to use a cool tone and reply "thank you for your interest in my personal life." Then change the conversational topic.
    Yes food is more of an issue during gatherings. This is why guests need to have some conversational topics to include other guests, not have them dreaming of waltzing and singing their way out of the host's residence just then.

That's what I do...
    Ciel, macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Speaking of photos I'm waiting for DDs school pictures I ordered November 8th, paid shipping to have them here before this past Friday and ive received no photos or conformation email.

Once they arrive I still need to scan and print photos at Walmart (yeah I'm cheap. Whatever they wanted $50 for packages. I'm good with 10 cent prints)

AND I still need it in time to mail to Australia and Poland -.-

Until then I'm lounging in front of my tree and listening to Xmas music on the TV. How enlightening
    HA! Lucky you for being able to order pictures! The website is still down for the company that our school uses! Has been for almost two months now and they can't give me a date for when it'll be fixed I finally gave up checking.
    Ciel, macw1960, Candini and 1 others like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hear you but at what expense though if someone is saying "buying stuff for everyone is costing them a lot of money"? When I was married, my ex felt the need to buy everyone in her family along with their kids stuff from our joint account. If it was her own money I won't have cared.

I don't have that problem anymore now...Thank God

We usually do a meal too. We see most of the grandparents a lot, and they buy presents for us and the kids(and buy the kids stuff through out the year just because)so I'm not comfortable with just doing a meal.
    I'm just sticker shocked I guess. I've done calenders, pictures and some sort of keepsake the kids make every year and the cost for all of it has been under 25.00/per set of grandparents.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Thread Information