User Tag List

Page 534 of 654 FirstFirst ... 34 434 484 524 532 533 534 535 536 544 584 634 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 9803
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    When your kids are driving absolutely crazy and you keep saying "at least it's Tuesday almost at the half way mark" (hubby has Fridays off) and then you finally realize no, it's 10am on Monday. The week has JUST begun. Fml..... ffffmmmmmllllllll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Today feels like it's Wednesday to me. I'm a day ahead of myself.
    seylz_gurl, samm07 and wolfwoman like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well, I emailed into Freshco a little while ago to complain about them not accepting the Campbell's soup coupon in their online flyer. Received a call from Sobey's Customer Help Line and I forgot to include the store location (I put St.Catharines not realizing there are two locations), so emailed back and received a call today from someone from that particular location trying to better understand the situation, here's the best part...

From what he said to me after we talked for a bit, I feel that he made it out that I was wrong about the coupon and he said that they'd "Talk to the marketing department and that's about it really" I was ready to explode after that conversation, I said that this was in their flyer on THEIR website and as well, you could see the coupon in their flyer in Flypp and completely disregarded anything about their site and said that "oh, Flypp is only for price matching there isn't any coupons in it", I was ready to punch him through the phone. He honestly didn't seem to care about what I was telling him. I may email back the Customer Help Line to complain about the store again!!!

I AM DONE WITH THIS STORE!
    Last edited by johnb56789; Tue, Dec 13th, 2016 at 07:55 PM.
    Ciel, GatineauGirl and Linda Evans like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Sorry RL but I am one of those people. Just because they walk on 4 legs and not 2 doesn't mean they are worth less than you ( not personally, I mean in general).
    But, just like two people approaching from the opposite direction, you and your dog get half the sidewalk. If that means you have to tighten up on the leash, so be it.
    Whatever happened to teaching your dog to heel? Just last week a guy was walking towards me with his dog on a leash. The leash was fully extended. The dog actually tried to squeeze between me and the building (observed by his owner) meaning I would have to climb over the leash on icy sidewalks. Not happening. You stay on your side of the sidewalk and I'll stay on mine. Things work really well that way.
    Ciel and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    Im one of those people... to be fair my kids are 4 and 7 they both have to hold my hand or the 4 year old is in the stroller in front of me while 7 year old is beside me holding the stroller. (Depending on weather, rain/puddles or snow/sidewalks that are NOT plowed we use the stroller otherwise he walks too.) I'm not having my kids walk in traffic or climb snow banks. That being said we usually stop as close to the snowbank as possible and bunch up if people want to pass. If hubby isn't working and we all go out we both hold a kids hand (or again ds2 is being pushed in the stroller depending on weather) and walk with me and a kid in front and dh with the other kid in the back. I think when it comes to the safety of children, handicapped, or the elderly (I have seen people helping support elderly with canes/walkers get through the snow) who need the stability and support they take priority. However if it's a group of able bodied adults or teenagers that's just being rude and inconsiderate on their part.

My DD is 5 and if people are approaching us on the sidewalk I`ll let her walk in front of me, still holding my hand.

I don`t mean I`m going to Rambo my way through a group of elderly folk with their walkers, I just think it's rude if you expect me to dodge out of the way so you can tip toe through.
    Seen it with women and strollers too - both chatting, walking side by side.. can you not for 5 seconds move behind your friend so someone can walk past?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    My DD is 5 and if people are approaching us on the sidewalk I`ll let her walk in front of me, still holding my hand.

I don`t mean I`m going to Rambo my way through a group of elderly folk with their walkers, I just think it's rude if you expect me to dodge out of the way so you can tip toe through.
    Seen it with women and strollers too - both chatting, walking side by side.. can you not for 5 seconds move behind your friend so someone can walk past?
    It's just simple manners, isn't it? As a dog-walker who will stand still and hold her dog in closely to let a parent with her child go by, I thank you. Usually this results in lots of smiles and laughs. It does bother me, though, when parents with strollers walk side-by-side on the sidewalk and refuse to move to single-file while we pass each other.
    Ciel, GoJays, seylz_gurl and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

^^ have you tried just stopping walking right in front of them in their path? I find that usually works. Sometimes I'll get a dirty look but I just sweetly say "Oh sorry just like the road this is a 2 way sidewalk, so I thought you were going to move out of my lane of traffic. It's not a one way!" They may move, they may not, but at least I get my point across.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, GoJays and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

The general public's stupidity never seizes to annoy me - but yet here I am.

If your child has head lice, don`t let them try on a Xmas hat and leave it on the god damn shelf.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, GoJays and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

^^^ We really are headed to Idiocracy aren't we? Sigh.
    Ciel and Lyssia510 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

If your child has head lice, don`t let them try on a Xmas hat and leave it on the god damn shelf.
    But sharing is caring!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

No!

Sharing cost me $200 to treat it plus a few panic attacks, not to mention the large amount of laundry I`ve been doing for two days. Out of all the times she could have caught it, she had to catch it right before my surgery date!

I`ve been kissed by an angel, friends.
    Ciel and GatineauGirl like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

if it's fabric, or goes on your head, you don't share it.. hats, jackets, sweaters...lice freaks me out.. it's one of those things i'm crazy paranoid about, it is the sole reason my daughter wears her hair in a braid every day, i have even taken to telling her to keep her jacket IN her backpack if she is not wearing it.. i dread it and fear it (i even bought a robi comb) Lice is soo common at schools now a days it seems, and there is always 1 or 2 parents who just shrug it off and act like it's no big deal to treating it and prevent it from spreading (my daughter's gr 1 class had a child who had lice for most of the year, and the schools hands are pretty much tied when it comes to treating it because it's no longer considered a "health issue")
    Ciel and Candini like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Here, we need a note from either a doctor, or lately, another check by the lice people who go around to the schools, to get back into school. If your kid still has them your kid does not go to school. I've been through it once only - knock on wood. DD was so grossed out by the whole thing that now she's the one who takes precautions against getting them again.
    Ciel, seylz_gurl, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Mice...saw one in our garage last week. I am not afraid of many things but mice just creep me out. I can't go in the garage now, my husband and kids are tired of having to go in there to get food out of the freezer for me!!
    Natalka, Ciel, DaveP and 2 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Mice...saw one in our garage last week. I am not afraid of many things but mice just creep me out. I can't go in the garage now, my husband and kids are tired of having to go in there to get food out of the freezer for me!!
    Will the neighbour agree to lock their cat in your garage for a few days?
    JadeAngel, Ciel and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Ewwww, that's just gross!!

So it's ok for some %#%#%# to on Facebook to call a public figure all kinds of rude nasty names and when I call that %#%#%# out and tell them what I think of their behaviour, I GET THROWN IN FACEBOOK JAIL FOR 24 HOURS?? I can't even answer messages or message friends. I am so pi$$ed off!!!
    Ciel and Candini like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Thread Information