User Tag List

Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree4317Likes

Thread: Frugal February-the sequel

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yeah. Got a raise and a bonus today. Will take the family out to dinner tomorrow night I think to celebrate. We rarely eat out and prefer to cook at home but sometimes need to get my teenager out of the house I think it's important to share info like this with them so they know what life is about etc.
    Congratulations! Glad someone in Canada is getting a raise

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cath007 hope all is well.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

hydro--- congrats on the new car..
    Granger. WOOHOO a new house congrats.. and man it sounds awesome.. you dream girl!
    coupongirl.. so sorry hun about your moms best friend.. unfortunately were at that stage too where mom and dads circle of friends is dwindling.. its heartbreaking..((hugs))

well i was off early this morning again to see if i could scrounge some deals at talize(50%) boy oh boy im set on materials for lots of projects.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday everyone. Taking a mental health day today. Doing major cleaning and laundry (at high time oh my!!) Worked my butt off this morning before allowing myself coffee and computer time. It worked! Took boneless skinless chicken out of the freezer. Thinking I will see if honey wants to butterfly it and bbw it I will come out for moral support. Will make homemade ceaser dressing for ceaser salad to use up the last of the romaine in fridge. We have tons of veggies to use up so will make a fresh veggie stirfry mix to go with it and rice and leftover fries from the other night. There dinner planned! Will bundle up after I switch the laundry and take my girl for a walk (dog) She deserves it and the fresh air will be good for me too. Want to hit Sportcheck too before my 20% off coupons expire and see what clothing is on clearance and to get new runners. Will check for the boys too. Should buy them now while I can get extra $ off each on top of sales and clearance.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So my washing machine was not working yesterday or today. It would start fine then when I went to check on it was just sitting on but not doing anything (I have a front loader) So fooled around with switches etc. It would work when on hot water but not cold. So checked the cold tap (it is above taps in laundry sink) Yup it was off! So DS must have filled his water bottle up but had touch the washer tap by mistake. Yeah!! so happy I figured it out without calling someone (but had a moment of excitement thinking about buying those huge fancy front loader sets!!) but yeah I would rather keep what I have

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Here is the update!

Got a call at 6:30 pm saying we would be competing with one other offer.

So we went with plan B) dropping condition of sale of our home and giving more than asking price !

WE GOT IT! OMG WE GOT IT! We are under our budget on the house price even with the more than asking price!

If everything proceeds accordingly we will be living in the house my MIL was born and raised in!!!

I am so excited. We have a 90 day closing, so lots of time to sell too (the homes in our area usually go in a month or less, as I have said before, and we plan to price competitively!)

So it is 4 bedroom. Has 3 pc and 4pc bath. Eat in kitchen. Living room-dining room combo. Huge foyer and great room. Double car garage for DH. Gazebo. Shed. Tree house. Basketball court/hockey rink. Sun room and room to roam. It is rural. Across the road from in-laws and we got a deal like you would not believe. It is in move in condition.

Here is the cheese: Dreams really can come true!!! Praise God!

Congrats on your new home.
    jasperandchar likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -last night i got a call around midnight -I was asleep so it woke me-glance at the phone and thought it was my son
    -well it was my moms girlfriend 40 years she knew her)it was her daughter-in-law calling to tell me she passed way-I cried
    - I just feel so sad so many people have died this past year(its funny her and i got really close I visited her once a month(i feel she was looking out for me)
    -she was in her early seventies-and I just talked to her last week-she was sick and going to the doctors- don't know what happened
    but this funeral will be hard for me

So sorry to hear about the passing of your mom's friend.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    So my washing machine was not working yesterday or today. It would start fine then when I went to check on it was just sitting on but not doing anything (I have a front loader) So fooled around with switches etc. It would work when on hot water but not cold. So checked the cold tap (it is above taps in laundry sink) Yup it was off! So DS must have filled his water bottle up but had touch the washer tap by mistake. Yeah!! so happy I figured it out without calling someone (but had a moment of excitement thinking about buying those huge fancy front loader sets!!) but yeah I would rather keep what I have
    Thank goodness is was just the cold water tuned off.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

That's great news Granger. Congrats!

Dh and I haven't been feeling very good since about Thursday (nausea, upset stomach, headache, really tired, etc.). I have my university midterm exam later this afternoon. Dh and I agreed that I would take today off work. I'm not trying to cram for the exam, but it is nice to be able to continue to review my notes and relax a little. I keep going between stressed, anxious, somewhat confident, etc. I haven't written a university exam in nearly 3yrs. As I have posted on here before, I don't like this professor. I have about 150 cue-cards, plus full page ppt slides, etc to study. Some of them I know really well, while others I still find confusing or I pull a blank on the information. *shrug* I have studied for more hours than I'd care to count. I kept up on all of the readings, attended all of the lectures, made cue-cards, put in a good amount of time and effort.

On a different note. If I don't get called to teach tomorrow I plan on keeping LO home from daycare. I have a tentative play-date arranged with our neighbour and her two young children. We plan on going to the Family Centre to socialize. I feel somewhat guilty because he went to daycare full-time last week even though I wasn't teaching. I studied, cleaned house, cooked, and ran errands. Wednesday I have a haircut booked and then we will be going to one of the schools in town to watch their Showcase. Thursday I am teaching a full day for a friend of mine. I am still waiting to find out if I have a job interview at the school division office on Friday. Someone tried to book me to teach that day, but I am keeping it available just in case I get called. If I don't get a job interview on Friday then it means that they aren't considering me for ANY of the teaching positions for the 2014-2015 school year in the public school division.

Ok. I'm going to go study a bit and then have a bath. I'm going to check back later.

edit: I forgot to add that I also need to complete an online Psych survey to earn a bonus 1% of my grade. The deadline for this survey is Friday.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Feb 24th, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

coupon girl - sorry for your loss...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Coupon girl sorry for your loss, you have had a rough year.

Jasperandchar, love the coat, I love black and white, it is going to look fantastic.

Ashley so sorry about your rotten week, hope this one is much smoother.

Hydroxiebutane, congrats on the new car, probably the best way to go if your current car is going downhill fast!
    macw1960 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Angela hope your feeling better soon and good luck on the exam, and getting an interview.

Frugalbigmomma, congrats on the raise those always are a pleasant surprise. glad you got your washer figured out.

Sweetsparrow that is one weird return policy, I have returned purchases with coupons before it shouldn't be that difficult.
    Angela273 and macw1960 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama congrats on your raise
    macw1960 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just got off the phone with the public school division. I have an interview! My interview is at 1:45pm on Friday at the school division office in Weyburn, which is about 1hr away. I'm pumped. They completely changed their application process. I spent a LOT of hours completing their new online application. I was told by a principal, one of my references, that they are giving each applicant a grade out of 100. Then they will use that information to select the winning applicants for all of the jobs in the school division. It makes it difficult to prepare because I don't even know what positions they are interviewing me for. They literally didn't even post any teaching jobs for next year on their website. So it's not as if I know that I am preparing to interview for a Grade 7 teaching position, so I can have the information ready, brush up on curriculum, and have targeted answers for them. There is not guarantee that I will be offered a position, but if I didn't get an interview then it would guarantee that I wasn't truly considered for any contracts (continuing, temporary, or replacement). I now know what I'll be doing this week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good luck Angela!
    Angela273 likes this.

Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information