User Tag List

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree3307Likes

Thread: Saving for summer fun - June 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-wow we had tornato warning for hamilton,Ontario(came across the tv)-but it got really windy -poured down - I was ready to go down basement ,but it passed in a few minutes-now its sunny out at 6.45

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just saw a picture online of this huge funnel cloud the street behind my sisters. Freaky!!! I know by the streets they are naming that it did not hit her street, but apparently about 30 homes were significantly damaged. Thankfully no injuries reported. What a wild day.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

well the garage called they installed the new catalytic converter and took the truck for a test drive and well it was still running like sh*t excuse my language ends up the transmission needs to be replaced (he's a super honest guy so no doubting it), he found a used one for us $1100.00 + the catalytic converter + labour = I'm screwed and freaking out, if it weren't for sh*t luck I'd have no luck (lol) but thankfully the truck will be fixed and in good running order again, we have been borrowing inlaws vehicles all this week with all the early departures for field trips etc (Mon through Thursday), thank goodness they have 2 vehicles and are able to accommodate us this week. Spoke with dh and I'm definitely not in the cottage mood and mentally drained so even if the truck is fixed come Friday we are staying home to get stuff done around the house besides the kids will be done school next Wednesday and we will have the rest of the summer to go to the cottage whenever we feel like it. Wishing everyone a good evening
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh Nany. so true. if it weren't for bad luck some days. really hope thats the last time your truck needs work. my goodness. almost as much as buying a used one.
    so right about the summer and the cottage.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh that is a bite J and C-are there any warranties ( secret or otherwise) you can google on that transmission? Perhaps it is a very old vehicle and there is nothing to offer but sure worth googling if you haven't already. Seems to me a few years ago there were some vehicles about 7 years old( maybe the Ford windstar?) that got free transmission replacements from the dealers .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ty Nancy. But at least it should be in great working order when you get it back.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Pulled a few new items and posted to sell. Need to go nuts since we have so much stuff but a bit at a time is better then nothing I guess.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I was away for the afternoon so just catching up.
    Nancy that sucks. We`re having trouble with our transmission but we were told to just keep driving til it gets worse. It`s nothing that will leave us sitting somewhere.

On the subject of food...when I was a kid mom did not tolerate picky eaters. We ate what was on the table or went without. She also didn`t cook 2 different meals. We didn`t have bedtime snacks either so it was a LONG time til breakfast. I only refused to eat supper once...after that I was happy to eat whatever was there.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh Nancy, that is very stressful! We are currently having an issue which involves our car. I get too stressed when I think about it, so I just bury it and tackle other more easily solved issues. But it will have to be solved soon. You are so good at trimming the fat from your budget- but sometimes this kind of things just knock the wind out of your sails. Hugs to you!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, Jun 17th, 2014 at 08:38 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Still waiting for the rain to pour down here, hopefully it does as our gardens need it.

Another relaxing day. MIL borrowed my car and too hot to walk anywhere except back and forth from the school.

Cleaned our kitchen and swept out our laneway when it was shaded. Just had chicken fingers and fries tonight too hot to cook lol.

Then we went over to ILs so DH could put in New starter in ILs vehicle.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Crazy evening of dentist, grad party and lacrosse practice for two kids in two cities, there was a pizza place next to the dentist so for 10 bucks it was easier than adding to my crazy night.
    sometimes J & C we just next to bend the rules. As for socks omg don't even get me started [although left sock right sock was kinda funny) my boys are the same way. Thankfully I found a super deal a few yrs ago so they have enough socks for at least two weeks, but seriously both would wear a fresh pair ever hour.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Nancy sorry to hear about the truck, it seems like when things happen they all happen at once.

The storm last night was pretty insane I managed to get dinner cooked but the whole time I was cooking the power was flicking on and off and once dinner was on the table the power stopped flicking which was fine with me, I really did not want to sit in the dark.

I went to the doctor Monday night turns out I have a swollen Lymphoid in my neck, the good news is it is going down in size and the pain is going away. So now I wait another week and as long as it continues to get smaller and the pain is going away I am good, if it does not continue to get better back I have to go, so I am hoping and praying it keeps getting better, something about them having to as he put it investigate my neck scares the **** out of me. I would be much better with anywhere other than my neck.

After the doctor we went and did some grocery shopping, it was a light week for us even with a few extras we did not need we maybe only spent about $30. Managed to get produce for the week as well as some bread and buns for the freezer (theses were the not needed items as we have some but for this price with the coupon might as well put them in the freezer as we will eat them).

We will do more shopping Saturday after I get off work since I need to go running shoe shopping, did not make it last weekend. Must admit so far I am not seeing a lot in the flyers we need so next week might be a light week as well. Luckily through Costco sales we have stocked up on meat so the only meat we really need is ground beef, but we are not out yet so thinking if it does not go on sale I have a rebate cheque coming in that I will take the cheque and go to Costco and buy ground beef. It is slightly more expensive than the stores but I find for the quality of meat Costco has as long as it is within in $0.50 - $1.00 (depending on the cut of meat) of what I am paying on sale I will pay that little more. Especially since the sales are just not happening lately for meats and the rare ones I do find I can never seem to actually get no stock, can't price match.

I have also noticed my coupon use is way down, I only find a select few coupons for items we use and even than I was cleaning out my coupon folder last night and noticed products we used to buy they just do not seem to be going on sale and we just aren't buying them. Since we do not seem to be missing having these products on hand I guess it shows that we have adapted our eating style which is probably for the best. We definitely are not buying as many packaged foods.

Question for Everyone:
    Do you find with the sales changing (things do not go on sale as often, sale prices aren't as good as they used to be) and coupons for items you use becoming harder to find, had your family's eating habits changed?
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! Gah, what torrents of rain we have here!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Do you find with the sales changing (things do not go on sale as often, sale prices aren't as good as they used to be) and coupons for items you use becoming harder to find, had your family's eating habits changed?

Because of our personal circumstances, we aren't buying as much or as often as we usually do, but I still do a master list of shopping/coupons every week.

Really, things are pretty much the same in the marketplace - of course it's shifting as summer is coming.

What I miss is good prices on fresh veggies - I used to be able to have a full stock of everything I want like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage - and lately have just been able to afford lettuce (and not cheap), carrots, and a cuc. Even onions have been pricey.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh nancy -take one day at a time
    -I am so tired didnt sleep well last night-hubbies sister called me early and asked me to take her to the food bank-seems she always calls when I my body is off bit

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information