User Tag List

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree3307Likes

Thread: Saving for summer fun - June 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well I had a good sleep last night
    -yesterday relaxed I was tired-dindt sleep much the night before (cause my daughter and her hubby slept over-they were out at house party -with friends from highschool(well didn't my son-in law drink a little too much and fell in our driveway) scrapped arm-so of course my daughter yells he bleeding at 1.10 in the morning-and I helped bandage him up (no lectures from me)so I had little sleep sat night
    -then on sun we wet to see "ashlyn"then son ,son-in-law went fishing with hubby

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am feeling run down from the weekend too so I know how you feel Hang in there

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well I was up at 6.30 this morning when hubby went to work-so off I went to talize 50% off for 7.00 a.m
    I got 4 ladies tops ,a summer dress -tommy Hilfiger capris 3.99 sunglasses for hubby and a shirt for hubby plus a pair of closed black slingbacks for me 3.49
    so for 9 items paid 31.50-so happy
    -came home washed them all put on line-sanded the ceiling one last time

-now just chillin on here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Happy Monday everyone, i took yesterday and today off work to get caught up around the house, husband and i sanded the deck down to wood so we could change the stain colour , I vacuumed the house top to bottom. Washed all the windows and drapes and vacuumed blinds and screens, and washed baseboards and spot washed the walls. All beds have fresh clean sheets and flower beds are weeded. We are both exhausted but feel a great sense of accomplishment!! I have copycat moxie's white chocolate brownies in the oven, how can you tell we have company arriving today!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

coupon girl. was your store's 50% off items selected. our store only included clothes/shoes/belts/linen. i was quite disappointed after getting up at 7am to only have so little to shop from.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to Walmart to walk around. Grabbed a few things I went for on the weekend but they were out. Darn, forgot to check the cookie sheets! May go back if I think of it. Didn't need anything I bought but have $$$ sitting in the grocery budget so figured I would spend a bit (and did get DS 2 more jars of baby dills so they may be good for September for back to school since we have 2 jars at home still)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just got back from town. Had to get a new sign laminated. We have an ice for sale sign at the mailboxes and someone keeps taking it. We thought maybe they didn`t allow signs anymore but hubby checked with our mail lady and she said it`s ok.
    Picked up a few groceries at Zehrs but they only had yellow potatoes which we don`t like and new white potatoes. I refuse to pay $7 for 10 pounds. Was going to check out FB but I forgot. I need to go back in and get some...won`t be today. I have to take potato salad to a pig barbecue on Saturday.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm not in as much pain today, but I realized this morning that I have LOST my wedding ring! My hands swell since LO was born, so I wear my ring during the day and then put it in a certain spot in my small purse at night. Well I went to put my ring on this morning and I cannot find it. I carefully emptied my purse, but it isn't there. I remember my purse getting knocked down off my desk last night and I had to pick up some of my cards. I am going to carefully clean in the living room and hope that I find it. We have two cats and a toddler, who hands you things that he doesn't think he should have...so he doesn't eat random stuff. My ring is insured, but I'm sure you all understand how I would rather not have to EVER replace my custom ring.

I spent time with LO in the yard this morning, weeded the garden some. It still needs a lot more tlc. I took LO to daycare and went to NF. I stumbled across a lot of Piller's Montreal smoked meat and corned beef on discount for 50c per 175g package, so I called my brother and I bought all of the packages of sandwich meat. They do not expire until July. I had a toasted corned beef bagel sandwich for lunch today. I also picked up free Chapman's icecream and some other items that I will submit my receipt to Zweet for. I posted on our local Facebook garage sale pages and am giving away fresh red rhubarb and dill from my garden. I have way more than my small family needs. I continued weeding while I waited for the various women to arrive. 2 have already picked rhubarb and I have another two women coming to pick dill and rhubarb this afternoon. I'd better get cleaning and searching for my wedding ring. Dh is at work right now, so he doesn't need to know about it until he is home safe for the night.

edit: found my ring after dh got home from work. I had put it in my pocket in my bunny hug yesterday...I don't even remember putting it there. Just relieved to have it back.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jun 23rd, 2014 at 08:25 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Home sweet home! A few hours with the house to myself. And of course I'm so tired and it's that time of the month so I feel crappy lol. But yeah, not pregnant lol. Need to go to Sportchek still to get new runners. That is on my list tonight. And that's about it I think. May pop in GT see what's on

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hope you find your ring Angela.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

goodness Angela. hope you find your ring as well. i'm considering(trying to persuade dh) to let me blend 3 into one that fits.
    he's being stubborn.
    anyway. raining here. laundry is nearly done. only a couple more to conquer tonite.
    then finally getting round to go through kids clothes. my word the pile is taller than me.. no short jokes..
    $ is tight so no expenses for a few days.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hope you find that ring angela -I lost the diamond in the middle of my ring at my job 2 years ago -on the floor somewhere-so haven't gotten around to putting a new diamond in it-so I just wear a sterling silver band

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Angela hope you find your ring and glad to hear you are feeling better today
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well I said it 2 weeks ago and I will say it again, I told dh no more depending on pming at WM, I'm so over WM. The shelves were clear of all the things I literally had on my list, and of course all the no name products that are on sale at others stores are no where to be seen. Spent an obscene amount and really got nothing and I still need other things....NO more, please remind me.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am with you on that Nancy. Went today and disappointed again. And waited in line forever. I am so done with Walmart too

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information