User Tag List

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-feeling blah today -but decided to go over to neighbours she gives me insert cpns she doesn't want and 4 tomatoes the other day -so today I took her Ziploc bags sandwich bags from ages ago and a bush beans and a toothpaste-she was thrilled

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS has had a bath and it is now bedtime
    have a load in wash or hang to dry when done. Then it's couch time for a bit

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

And my day is done . Couch time. Happy with what I did today. Will continue on Sunday. Work tomorrow and it's date night. Saturday going boating then BBQ with friends. Have to enjoy the long weekend. Hope everyone has a great night.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Got a call from the store that got cleaned out of towels. I had taken at least 25 in last Thurs. The same lady was in that same day and bought 17 more. I need to get at least 50 done before next Friday. Good thing we don`t have any plans for the weekend. That massage tomorrow morning is going to feel like heaven.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Crochetlady: having seen your stuff at Anna maes it's not a wonder it's selling so quick. The prices are so reasonable and the blankets are so cute.
    I am beat. We had friends over for an impromptu BBQ. Then i stayed up late to bake Logan's cake. He is 11 today (since its after midnight). night all
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Crochet lady-I think you should figure out where that lady is reselling them at a higher price presumably and sell them there directly instead. Either that, or put your prices up to discourage her making money off you-surely nobody really needs that many towels for personal use-either that or she gives a lot of gifts!

Interesting short read about emergency funds-a topic that comes up regularly in our little group. Happy long weekend.

http://www.boomerandecho.com/enough-...ncy-fund-sort/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

A small money saving brag-I will be attending a close friend's sons wedding on a whirlwind 1 week trip to India in Dec. Really too costly for the 3 of us to go and I suggested DH could go and represent our family but he said I should. So I found a cheap fare on line. DD would love to go too but it is before Xmas break and since she is now in high school I said No. I had booked the flights a couple of months ago when we were invited. Air Canada changed my already horrendous flight back and added a further 1/2 hr to the gruelling flying time so I phoned them and said I wanted to take the direct flight home from Frankfurt instead of the original route via Montreal or Toronto-they said it would be a $300 change fee but I said I was a loyal AC customer and to please speak to her supervisor as I was requesting they waive the fee. In the end I saved 7 hrs of flying time and paid no fee to change flights-I figure it never hurts to ask-the worse they can say is No.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

another interesting read as I know we all do things differently regarding joint/separate finances with our partners.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/p...182609016.html

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

here's the link to vote for September's frugal chatter thread - it closes tonight sometime

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/390029-...d-name-canada/
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Crochetlady: having seen your stuff at Anna maes it's not a wonder it's selling so quick. The prices are so reasonable and the blankets are so cute.
    I am beat. We had friends over for an impromptu BBQ. Then i stayed up late to bake Logan's cake. He is 11 today (since its after midnight). night all
    Thank you. They changed the location of the towels and afghans...they are much more accessible now. Sales more than doubled.

Happy birthday to Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Crochet lady-I think you should figure out where that lady is reselling them at a higher price presumably and sell them there directly instead. Either that, or put your prices up to discourage her making money off you-surely nobody really needs that many towels for personal use-either that or she gives a lot of gifts!

Interesting short read about emergency funds-a topic that comes up regularly in our little group. Happy long weekend
    I`ve seen where she sells them for $2 less than she pays. Doesn`t make any sense to me but as long as she pays my price I don`t care what she does with them. She always has some story...they`re for shower gifts or for her nieces. Last time they were for her sister. lol

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    A small money saving brag-I will be attending a close friend's sons wedding on a whirlwind 1 week trip to India in Dec. Really too costly for the 3 of us to go and I suggested DH could go and represent our family but he said I should. So I found a cheap fare on line. DD would love to go too but it is before Xmas break and since she is now in high school I said No. I had booked the flights a couple of months ago when we were invited. Air Canada changed my already horrendous flight back and added a further 1/2 hr to the gruelling flying time so I phoned them and said I wanted to take the direct flight home from Frankfurt instead of the original route via Montreal or Toronto-they said it would be a $300 change fee but I said I was a loyal AC customer and to please speak to her supervisor as I was requesting they waive the fee. In the end I saved 7 hrs of flying time and paid no fee to change flights-I figure it never hurts to ask-the worse they can say is No.
    7 hours flying time is a big deal and no fee makes it even better

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! And a long weekend. And the end of summer Where did summer go? I can't believe how quickly it went by. Tonight is date night so I will be MIA lol Hope everyone has a fantastic day and evening

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ok have to log on to my computer to find out what day it was.. TGIF.
    dh will argue with some... their is still 3 more weeks of summer. LOL. for school kids yes, it technically ends this weekend. for them working folks.. he needs those last few weeks..
    have a good weekend Nancy.. and FBM.
    wtg Lizzie on the cost saving call.. it never does hurt to ask..
    crochet lady.. im pleased your items are selling so well. as long as your making a profit thats what matters.
    today i kick butt. or at least thats the plan. put on some coffee to help me get through it.. will see what i conquer.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This morning I have already done my errands. I picked 2 grocery bags full of small crab apples that had some red on them, for free. While doing so I discovered that LO likes these crab apples raw, which is awesome! I am going to turn a lot of these into crab apple sauce because they are so small. I messaged the lady and I am going to go back and get more crab apples from her next week when more of them turn red, only about 1/3 of them were turning red today. I also messaged the other lady who was supposed to buy crab apple sauce from me.

Then we went to NF and picked up a few things. I price matched celery and Old Spice deodorant from Sobeys. I had more $2.50 off wub2 coupons from a trade that were going to expire. I know that I didn't get as good of a price as other people, but it is the best price that I have seen for them in my area. It is the only type and scent of deodorant that dh wears, he likes it and so do I. I am scent sensitive, so this is important to us. He is now stocked up for about a year. I also got the flaked ham for $1.25 each - $1 wub5 coupon. I am going to have to go to WM later this week to get in on the Royale paper towel deal, we were running low and I have the $3 off coupon for them too. Nothing huge, but still things we were running out of. I just got an offer for $1 back on the milk with the Snap app.

I drove past some schools on my way home and was reminded that it is the free bbq today, but I don't think we will go. I think I will take LO with me next week for coffee at some of the schools to help remind people that I am substitute teaching again this year and they should book me. I have business cards that I can give out again this year.

Someone is coming at 2:00pm today to buy my red rhubarb. She is making it into jam. It is only supposed to get up to 22C today, so I plan on doing some baking and cooking after lunch today. Lunch is tuna salad pitas with yellow pear tomatoes from my garden, cucumbers form dh's co-worker, and alfalfa sprouts that I sprouted in a jar this week. I think it will be a fairly frugal and healthy lunch. I have been trying to get some zucchini to make banana zucchini muffins for LO. I might hold off on making those and check out the prices at the farmer's market tomorrow morning. I'm making the crab apple sauce this afternoon. I am also planning on making corn chowder for supper tonight. I also need to do laundry.

Tomorrow we are attending a wedding in town. Dh was told to go 3hrs early to make sure that nothing happens to the outdoor ceremony site. We got a babysitter for the ceremony, as dh had wanted. LO can coming to the supper and dance with us. There will be other young children there for him to play with.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Aug 29th, 2014 at 01:50 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing everyone an happy and safe long week end!!!! No plans for me .....I cannot believe summer is almost over
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information