User Tag List

Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree6182Likes

Thread: "Fall" into September Savings

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, Happy Caturday!

Hope everyone has a great day - take some time for R&R!

Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy to have cashed in my SDM points this a.m. for $50 of groceries- 2 doz eggs, 4 litres milk, package of bacon, tortilla chips, cream, 2 packages of yogurt,2 lbs buter, 1 package cheese,1 box kashi bars, mints, choc bar and fabric softener sheets. Doesn't take long to spend $50 there but a frugal start to the day never the less.

On a sadder note, my nieces wife(you read that right) will be induced today to deliver a 25 week stillborn baby girl-very sad for them and my brother and his wife who were planning to welcome a third granddaughter in Dec.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Lizzie that is so sad, our secretary had a similar issue and was induced to deliver a still born child. I can't imagine how hard this is emotionally for the family.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well this week has been difficult to say the least. My son is now in an air cast but still cannot do any weight bearing until the screws in his ankle come out in three months. It has been very difficult for him as he is so active and it is very time consuming for me as he needs assistance with everything. Of course I worked a 40 plus work week so had to enlist friends and family to help him out.He needs a wheel chair for school because the chance of him getting bumped and loosing his balance is too high.
    I received a phone call from my husband who was fishing in Prince Rupert that he was in the hospital with his heart in A fib while I was right in the middle of catering a dinner for 60 people, yup that was a little stressful to say the least. He is on his way home as we speak, they stabilized him and monitored him for 3 days and put him on blood thinners and medication to regulate his heart beat and felt he was safe to travel home. Prince Rupert has a very small hospital and felt he was safe to get home and to emergency here. I will be picking him up in Edmonton this afternoon and right to the hospital.I had been at work since 8 am and was leaving at midnight and backed in to a coworkers car, (a combintaion of stress and fatigue). I decided to just pay for it rather than have my rates go up, first accident that I have caused, so I am 1500.00 poorer just for their vehicle and haven't even dealt with mine.Has to get better soon doesn't' it?
    Andit, Natalka, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Happy to have cashed in my SDM points this a.m. for $50 of groceries- 2 doz eggs, 4 litres milk, package of bacon, tortilla chips, cream, 2 packages of yogurt,2 lbs buter, 1 package cheese,1 box kashi bars, mints, choc bar and fabric softener sheets. Doesn't take long to spend $50 there but a frugal start to the day never the less.

On a sadder note, my nieces wife(you read that right) will be induced today to deliver a 25 week stillborn baby girl-very sad for them and my brother and his wife who were planning to welcome a third granddaughter in Dec.
    Good frugal start to your day.

I am so very sorry for your family's loss. It is always so heartbreaking. They are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the kind words-and TG between your husband and son's health issues is it possible for you to work less-at least in the short term? You must be so exhausted. Hoping for a quick recovery for your husband and son and some rest for you. I know from this summer being a full time caregiver is exhausting-and even more so when you are working.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Thanks for the kind words-and TG between your husband and son's health issues is it possible for you to work less-at least in the short term? You must be so exhausted. Hoping for a quick recovery for your husband and son and some rest for you. I know from this summer being a full time caregiver is exhausting-and even more so when you are working.
    Lizzie the ironic part is I don't need to work, I took a part time job last fall when my son started driving because I lost my position as full time chauffeur to sports, school etc and was feeling a bit lost as what I was doing, I only took the job at the golf course because my sister in laws family owns it and could not find anyone to take the responsibility of the food end of the business and was basically helping them out. I couldn't leave them with tournaments this week and food to be catered.I am very glad about the cold snap we are getting on Monday as it won't be busy! My sister in law and brother have been very supportive and I will now be working the bare minimum as the course is slowing down and they understand I need to be at home, course will be closed by October 31st. It has been a crazy summer.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh lizzie so sorry -that must be very hard

-thrify granny -be strong -ahh I hope your week get better some what

-went this morning to hubbie brothers talked to them for 3 hours -is very liberating being so open and honest with people or family

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lizzie: how tragic and to be so far along is just so much harder.
    TG: your plate is certainly full, I can't imagine one of my kids being out of commission.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thinking of you Lizzie and TG.

TG we had a hit and run on our vehicle in a parking lot and since we had a major accident previously (no fault as it was black ice, but the car was a write off), decided not to go through insurance. It is such a hard decision. We won't go through insurance again for me until I can have "accident protection" back which prevents insurance from going up after a claim. I think 1 more year after this one.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Saundyl.
    If you were given a verbal or written contract that does include paid sick days, and then change it later on, then they have to give you written notice 15 days prior to the change taking effect. Verbal retraction of the paid sick days is not good enough. They can't retroactively take back sick days from sick days that they have already paid you for. Any future sick days with pay can be withdrawn with proper notice. Since you had a verbal or written contract regarding the paid sick days, you can terminate your services and still qualify for EI because the conditions of your employment have changed. Double check with EI first, if you decide to do this.
    He's not taking back the ones used...just effective for the 30th of Aug (he told us in July) that it was no longer an offered benefit. So no more can be used.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    you are blessed with your bf and his 2 wonderful boys, you sound like a super step-mom, you are a mum!

I only purchased new clothing for ds1 as he needed school uniforms but ds2 didn't need anything besides a few school supplies which we had around the house thank goodness. Ds2 is fine with the clothes he has I must admit when he was gone with the inlaws I threw away a few of his ratty (lol) looking clothes BUT I dont' think he even noticed.

We really need to start an emergency fund here....after all our expenses with the truck it was a real eye opener, great job on setting 1 up and replenishing it.

They are wonderful and i adore them.

The EF fund is nice to have. The bathtub issue the summer was the first time ive ever had one available to make use of when something came up and it sure relieved alot of stress.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

(((hugs))) to Lizzie & family and TG and family.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    He's not taking back the ones used...just effective for the 30th of Aug (he told us in July) that it was no longer an offered benefit. So no more can be used.
    Ok, but did he give this to you in writing? It is only valid if he gives you written notice.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Ok, but did he give this to you in writing? It is only valid if he gives you written notice.
    Yes the notice was giving in writing. The Original promise when hired was verbal. And seeing as im the oldest staff member and the two new ones have not been offered the sick days either its in effect for everyone. I rather have to curse the woman that took WAY too much advantage of being "sick" because she conveniently went on medical leave for 4 months every summer. and he did state it was because of her that he was deciding not to offer it as a benefit anymore

Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information