User Tag List

Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I can't believe this is my first post in the October thread. I am choosing more time doing things away from the computer (which is probably a good thing). I am so glad we got the new house in shape before back to school!!! The list of things to do is getting longer rather than shorter (mostly marking). As soon I get through my marking pile it will be report card time!

We had a nice dinner with family today. I am struggling leaving the "to dos" and relaxing, but trying!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    OY! I heard about this dude with the grocery bus - but it's crazy that he can't sell in Hay River itself.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/...ices-1.2782456
    Yeah they wont give him a business license. Seems silly to me. Hes been going to ft smith and ft resolution.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have a new appreciation for butchers who know how to get cuts from meat. Tried to remove remaining duck meat from today's roast and well, I pulled more off with a fork than I could cut with a knife (I should have used a heavier knife) and fork. Bagged the carcass for now to see if it can be used for flavouring some other dish. The reserved duck fat from the roasting pan-have to see what Jamie Oliver does with it as he raved about its flavour.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ciel - fry potatoes in duck fat - yum!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

painting my nails sky blue to match my dress for the wedding at 2.00
    -last night was a bit sore but I guess I takes awhile after surgery to heal-looking forward to nice meal I I can eat it tonight -we will see

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

1st load of blankets in the wash and going to "attempt" to dry outside as we will have a high of 13 but sunny so fingers crossed it doesn't start to rain.

Haven't heard back from MIL so I'm guessing tomorrow is our Thanksgiving meal so need to decide what we will have tonight and pull from the freezer before I have a brain fart .

Will try and get some things done in the storage room as I would like to have it all completed by this coming Friday.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and may we acknowledge the things we are grateful as there is something in every person or household.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    painting my nails sky blue to match my dress for the wedding at 2.00
    -last night was a bit sore but I guess I takes awhile after surgery to heal-looking forward to nice meal I I can eat it tonight -we will see
    Have a wonderful time coupon girl

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I should get,going on laundry too since it's sunny here and can be hung out to dry. Will power clean house before hockey game this afternoon. Then dinner at my moms. And get to cuddle baby .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning everyone,
    Had a bit of a lazy morning was up around 6 but didn't get up until 8 and now I am feeling bad for that choice. There is so much to get done today and now I only have a few hours until I need to get ready to go to my Dad's. Hoping it is not a late night, last time I spoke to my step mom it looked like it was only going to be the immediate family. My cousin and his wife aren't coming down they want to spend Thanksgiving in their new home plus they just got a massive puppy, this dog is like 50 to 60 lbs and only 6 months old and my cousin has never had a dog, not sure about this wife and oh yeah his wife is pregnant with their first and is due in November. Plus not sure if my grandparents will make it a Opa got back last night from Germany, his sister in law passed away so him and my uncle spent the week in Germany with our family there. My Uncle and his family no longer attend family events (long story and not even fully sure of the real reason anymore). So more than likely it will just be the immediate family so I am hoping for an early night.

Right now I have laundry going, hoping to get this done today so I can do bedding tomorrow. The kitchen needs to be cleaned before I go, would also like to get the bathroom floor done as well I need to tiding up in the living room I have papers ad stuff every where as this past week I did not really deal with anything this week my coupons are yet again completely out of control.

Alright time to go and try to find some ambition, hope everyone had a great day. Happy Thanksgiving everyone
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i was able to get 3/4 of my laundry done last night. were off for dinner, impromptu pictures in some field as well. really need to update our family pictures.
    i'm going to be doing up a family frame for xmas. need new ones. thinking color or black and white?
    dh has tomorrow off.. hasn't had a holiday in over a year. hoping to tackle a few odd jobs.
    supposed to be nice out.
    just working on getting a few things tidied before we go. like coming home to a clean place. esp. when its time for bed.
    um just pray there is enough food for all.. ya that kind of dinner.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just did the bedding -will give daughter and her hubby our bed(so excited they are sleeping over) -love seeing my daughter for extended periods of time (she I so busy at her work) -I will sleep in the twin -hubby can have old double bed
    -daughter-in-law called asked us to pick her up at her moms (first time ashlyn" is sleeping over at her mom's) at 5.30-my son is working til 6.00-so he will meet us there at the reception
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

All laundry is washed, first load is in the dryer second will go in soon. Will fold first load before I leave will probably leave second load for when I get home just due to timing.

I have emptied the dishwasher and re loaded it. No way I will get all the hand dishes done before I leave again all about timing.

We had two heads of cauliflower in the fridge that need to be used ASAP so I cut them up and they are in the over roasting, I will turn these into soup tomorrow.

Took a Turkey we had in the freezer out which Mom will deal with tomorrow, this is kind of a catch 22 for me. I am happy to get my freezer space back but I am really not a turkey fan so we will wait and see what she does with it.

Time to see what else I can get done before it is time to leave.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Putting away the laundry as it drys. Rack outside needs a little longer. Made 1 bed. Now th tackle another. And should empty the dishwasher.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Sounds like it was laundry day for many of us (lol),nothing like clean bedding that has hung outside to dry but the softness from the dryer is also nice (shrug). Ashley great job on all you got accomplished before leaving for your dad's supper and Mrs. S. I sure hope there was enough food, I went to my nieces for a birthday celebration and well the only thing put out was my pumpernickel bread with spinach dip I brought and a bowl of peanuts....the boys were starving as it started at 1pm and went until 530pm needless to say we had to get them McDonalds, lesson learned that not everyone has the same idea when invited over....oh and yes a small cake.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I posted our camper trailer which we have not used in 2 years on used Ottawa and kijjiji and what I hate is the yes I'm interested, then no reply for days than they resurface to waste more of your time. 1 person today sent an email at 1030 and said call me now I'm in a town 20 minutes away and geez the same guy emailed me 4 days ago and never got back to me and is apparently 20 minutes away, highly unlikely, oh well if it sells before dh gets back great if not he can deal with these bozos (lol).

So this afternoon I finally put the 2nd paste on my grout still not as nice as I would like but 200% better than it originally was.

Then I went down to my storage room and vacuumed as the mice left me little turds (hate mice), then started moving things around from shelf to shelf to better suit my needs and what is used more often than not. Then started vacuuming the rafters (no drop ceiling or drywall yet) my goodness the cobwebs were everywhere, I'm 1/2 done the re-organizing and 3/4 done vacuuming the rafters, hopefully I will get back to it tomorrow and then lastly I will wash the cement floor, funny how the cement floors get neglected atleast at my house

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening with family & friends.

Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information