User Tag List

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: November frugal friends (2014)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Snow day # 2 here. I am off to get stuff done so youngest is going to school. We will walk
    Andit, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Have a busy day ahead of me (planning for the condo Xmas party, then some quick organizing, then off to the wilds of Scarboro). Friday it will be one yr since I lost my Dad, so we want to be with my Mom. I think Lily dog knows that - last night while looking out the window, she saw an older gentleman getting into a car similar to one my folks had when she was a pup and started howling. I just hope she isn't too upset when we're at my Mom's (it took her 3 months to stop crying herself to sleep, she still sleeps in my Dad's room beside his bed).

Quincy cat will be his usual obnoxious self, demanding cookies at every turn. You're going to the kitchen? Great, feed me. The bathroom? Stop by the kitchen first and feed me. Outside somewhere? I'll just stay out of reach in case you decide I need to go where the ice monsters will get me, but you can detour and put some food out for me first.

I'm hoping the white stuff stays south of the border, not keen on travelling in it. Even Lily dog isn't as enthusiastic about playing in the sn*w as she once was.

Better go organize my notes, then serve breakfast for the troops. We'll be back on Friday, plenty of time to get ready for Saturday's gathering of some SCers. I just have to remember to bring home a doggy/kitty bag or I'll never be allowed back inside and may have to sleep out in the cold.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

(Here's a time when we were both younger and happy to play in the sn*w)

Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ aw, so cute!

We'll probably get a bit more snow today, nothing serious though.

Mid-week cleanup kind of day - husband has a church council meeting tonight, so I'll have to make sure I leave something to do for the evening. I find it a rougher day when I'm alone all day, then am alone all evening, too...

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

crochetlady your neighbour is a gem lucky to have him/her. Also lucky you get appointment reminders as those are becoming a thing of the past in my area. Take care of yourself
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Andit your critters are too cute and very smart.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. I hear ya on the Christmas decorations my living/eating area still has 6 large sized rubbermaids to go through. Have 1 large Rubbermaid full of various decorations that I will be posting for sale as they never get put up as our tastes have changed and we have way too many. Here's hoping you get a good dent put in your cleanup, organizing, decorating while your dh is home.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Natalka I hear you about being lonely, could you invite Milan over for dinner to keep you company, hugs.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Oh what a week so far, got nothing done on Monday after work but made up for it last night. Last night I did two drying racks of dishes (no comment, let's just say ) and than I cleaned the bathroom. Now today my hands are so dry since I do not wear gloves (cannot hold anything when I do and although Mom wants new dishes I do not think she wants me to break the ones we have).

Mom is getting some good hours at work, although she now says they are trying to kill her, she has 3 - 7 am to 4 pm shifts next week and on two of those days she also has classes so she will be at the store from 7 am till 9 pm. Plus she is working all of this weekend which is not making her too happy, but it is hours which means money. No word yet on the full time job she applied for but she should hear something next week *fingers crossed* we could really use a second full time income right now.

Going to bite the bullet and get a heater for the living room because if this is any hint as to how this winter is going to go we are going to freeze in our house without it. Just hoping it doesn't have nasty side effects to my hydro bill. As well I finally broke down and turned the heat on in my room last night, I was trying to wait as long as I could but now figure I am actually doing worse not having it on as our house is so hard to heat we need any rads on we can just to try to keep it barely warm.

Just spoke to my Dad and hopefully my car will be the next to go up to get it's winter tires on as I will be heading up to our new branch for a week before we shut down and they are getting hit pretty hard right now. My bro is there now and it does not sound like he is amused with how much snow they have and they are supposed to get hit again, not good. But on that note we are not in Buffalo where I do not even know where they will go with all that snow.

Time to get back to work, hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

was up at 7.00 and went to walmart/fortinos before our dumping of snow -car is too old and low to the ground to be out in rotten weather
    -just made carrot /raisin muffins
    -my gums are bothering me last night and today -so I may just vegg on the sofa-have to help hubby get old toilet out to curb later on this afternoon
    -I feel so exhausted from watching "ashlyn" the last 2 days -she is now saying her name ashhhh-lyn

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Natalka, i enjoy having dh around too. hope you find something to keep your mind off his absence tonite.

Nancy.. one box at a time. thankfully we still have 4 more days.. once im done.. i'll be done LOL.
    were expecting more snow today. puts ya in the mood..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just popped out with DH to get a few things at Walmart-the boring stuff like sidewalk salt, washer fluid etc. Back to the high school this afternoon to hand out the last( hopefully) of the band uniforms and then my volunteer work will be done for awhile. Cooking up a beef stew for dinner which smells good.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Thanks.
    I came home from a friend's wedding and feel like I got punched in the face. These feelings are all on his part. I'm trying to make the best decision for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've been thinking about you the last couple days. Hope you are okay. I was wondering if your husband told you that child support would be $1800 a month? I would not count on that amount until a court settles it. He may say he will give this amount monthly and then try and fight for less. I hope not, but money can bring out the worst in people. Make sure you get some legal advice soon.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Buses cancelled here. Had to dig myself out of the driveway at work last night at 10 p.m. and killed my back and hip. Sigh. Hockey tonight at 8 p.m. and we are expecting snow squalls again. yay.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

watching Secret Millionaire love that show it's nice to know that strangers kindness still exist

Heading out tomorrow am after youngest gets on the bus for a few things for Christmas gifts (fingers crossed they have the stock), dare I say it WM (sigh).

Dh is gone to pick up a new key for our chimney pipe as the existing key is broken (it makes such a difference in the amount of wood we burn) and also keeps the heat in the pipes, so a little spending to save more in the long run.

Last year we purchased a new Christmas tree which I absolutely hate, the ornaments don't stay on the branches so I am feeling overwhelmed and frustrated trying to decorate as I just want to throw the stupid tree out the door. Hoping that the tree WM has on for $20.00 is decent as the existing tree was really expensive and hated.

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information